I call bs

110507kctshirt.jpg

Call them T.O.-shirts.

Click to Enlarge

In the wake of Tom Osborne's return to the University of Nebraska, as athletic director, and the Huskers' lackluster season, some fans hope to return to the football program's glory days.

And T-shirt companies are happy to help them show it. At least three companies and organizations have released clothing items related to Osborne's return.

You'll find shirts that say "Tradition Restored 10-16-07," or "Wizard of Os: Born 10-16-07," and "Tradition N Order" (highlighted with the initials, a simple "T.O.") One cribs the dairy industry slogan with "Got Tom!" Another declares "Order ResTOred."

Dave Frakes is president of one of the companies making the shirts. IM3, an Omaha design firm, has marketed two Osborne shirts - "Wizard of Os" and "Tradition Restored" - and is considering more.

The company first offered the shirts two weeks ago on the Huskerpedia Web site, Frakes said.

"Response has been incredible," he said, although he declined to say how many shirts his company has sold.

http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=1208...;u_sid=10177241

I will always be a husker fan, but this is getting silly guys. And don't get me wrong - I am a TO fan and supporter too. So much so that I believe him, particularly when he says he is concerned about people associating the last part of his career with his return to lincoln.

Order Restored, on the day TO is named intern director?

You can't be serious.

I know "Husker Nation" is hurting pretty bad right now, but don't sell out what you ought to respect.

It is one thing to bury your head in the sand and think about the past - which Husker fans are pretty accustomed to doing anyways, yes. But seriously, this article just put me the wrong way. This is not anything new, it just seems unusually desperate or something. Or perhaps exploitative. It is not unforeseen or unbelievable, I just question it.

I agree, T O back at the university does not translate to instant success. it does not guarentee anything except that our great coach was available to try and help start us back onto the right path. T.O. is not a fix all and people are setting themselves up for possible dissapointment.

I feel better with him around but our problems run deep right now and time will be as important to our return as anything else.

GBR

Wow. That was really digging deep for something to write about on that one. People make T-shirts that say everything. You can go to Cafe Press.com right now and get a t-shirt that says "Hiring TO as AD does NOT solve all of our problems" in big white letters on a red t-shirt. I'm sure that would sell like hotcakes and support your point.

It's just a t-shirt. Really nothing to get worked up over and certainly not worthy to post and rant about it.

I think it's worthy to post because it sums up the attitude of a lot of husker nation. I agree though that it is ridiculous and the fans have already put a ton of trust and pressure on TO to make the right decision that if he screws it up again what will the fans say. It will drive me crazy that if NU sucks in 4 years again the same fans will be out calling for heads.