T.O. and the players

I think the thing about Tom Osborne that I can relate to is he's the kind of guy you hope you can be someday. He's completely honest, completely genuine, a strong leader. He doesn't have to talk loudly because his actions have always spoken for him. He enters a situation, gets the job done, has no ego to speak of, and because of his gentle demeanor people want to be around him.

He's an incredible man, and I'm so glad he's back as a part of our program.

X

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

:bonez:bonez

I have a 7 month old daughter and the first thing that came to my mind when he came back was that now my daughter could say she was alive during the TO AD days.

My wife didn't think it was as big of deal as I did :angry:

I saw this thread and I started thinking about the first and only time I talked to Tom Osborne. When I was a freshman at UNL (Fall 1997) I went to pick up my student tickets. Considering before I was a student I saw only four games at Memorial Stadium.

Anyway after recieving my tickets I was in awe. I remember just staring at all my tickets and I was so excited I turned around really fast and there was Tom Osborne. I turned so fast I about knocked him over and I our faces were less than an inch apart. I felt like such an idiot. But, at least I stopped him from falling down. I appologized and he just looked down and saw my tickets. He must have known that I was so excited because he chuckled and said don't worry about it and enjoy the tickets.

Any way it was funny.

Later on in life when I first moved to California and I bought my first surf board I forgot surf wax at this place in Malibu, CA and I pulled the same move and did the same exact thing to Gabrielle Reese the professional sand volley ball player. I about face planted her too, she just laughed at me also.

I saw this thread and I started thinking about the first and only time I talked to Tom Osborne. When I was a freshman at UNL (Fall 1997) I went to pick up my student tickets. Considering before I was a student I saw only four games at Memorial Stadium.

Anyway after recieving my tickets I was in awe. I remember just staring at all my tickets and I was so excited I turned around really fast and there was Tom Osborne. I turned so fast I about knocked him over and I our faces were less than an inch apart. I felt like such an idiot. But, at least I stopped him from falling down. I appologized and he just looked down and saw my tickets. He must have known that I was so excited because he chuckled and said don't worry about it and enjoy the tickets.

Any way it was funny.

Later on in life when I first moved to California and I bought my first surf board I forgot surf wax at this place in Malibu, CA and I pulled the same move and did the same exact thing to Gabrielle Reese the professional sand volley ball player. I about face planted her too, she just laughed at me also.

So the point is...people associated with great athleticism laugh at you?

Any way it was funny.

No interest in TO here, but I would have definitely planted my face in GR.

I've never met him before and I don't know what I would say if I did happen to meet him. I mean what do you say??? "Hey coach how's it hanging?!" I would just sit there and probably stare! :lol:

I said, "Excuse me, Coach Osborne, hi." I didn't know which title to use, though I thought, "S'up, T Dog" would have been wildly inappropriate.

Yeah I doubt he would have known what the hell you were talking about. :lol:

Foshnizzle!

now if you said that to him, tom osborne would have slapped you and said, "language! there are women-folk here!"

Until I said "Wad-up TDog...why you trippin, G?"

Course I would have probably sh#t myself if he replied with "You better check yo'self befo you wreck yo'self biatch!"

Any way it was funny.

So the point is...people associated with great athleticism laugh at you?

Pretty Much

Any way it was funny.

No interest in TO here, but I would have definitely planted my face in GR.

:yeah