Give the guy a break

chucker21

I went to the game today and like all of you I was upset and to be perfectly honest I was more upset with the fans then the team. I left the game early not because of the score, not because of how cramped i was, I left because no one could stop pointing the finger.

Every person in the section i was in was screaming curse words at the coaches and even a few boo's at the players.

Have we been winning so long we forgot where we came from?

To all you that can't stand bill callahan i respect that but give the guy a few years. Maybe Cosgrove is useless but let callahan get a decent quarterback and a few players around them that know this WCO then you can judge him.

But this is nebraska, husker football is all we have. I dont even think steve peterson could mess that up.

Did Bill Callahan throw 4 Int's???? Or drop a half dozen passes??? Or play without any emotion on defense????

I think out of the 4 picks only 1 wasn't Daileys fault. One hit Pilkington in the hands and bounced right off. Wait didn't Horne do the samething on one? Does the one he threw on the 2-point try not count for his stats?

Anyway Cosgrove needs to hurry up and get a new job. This could of been the worst Senior Class in the history of Husker football.

Did Bill Callahan throw 4 Int's????  Or drop a half dozen passes???  Or play without any emotion on defense????

I think out of the 4 picks only 1 wasn't Daileys fault. One hit Pilkington in the hands and bounced right off. Wait didn't Horne do the samething on one? Does the one he threw on the 2-point try not count for his stats?

Anyway Cosgrove needs to hurry up and get a new job. This could of been the worst Senior Class in the history of Husker football.

Is it in the Huskers best interest to get a new Defensive coordinator again and possible go through the same type of crap they did this. You have a solid returning core of players on defense, do you really want to bring another system in here. The fourth in four years???????

If he had went at least 7-4 with a 10-3 team then I could have seen your argument as valid, but this was pitiful and is a extinuating(sp?) circumstance that can NOT be overlooked and we should be swift and not waste two more valuble years on this guy who does not fit the "Bill" !

A team isn't defined by a single seasons record.

Is it in the Huskers best interest to get a new Defensive coordinator again and possible go through the same type of crap they did this. You have a solid returning core of players on defense, do you really want to bring another system in here. The fourth in four years???????

I see your point and it is kind of a tough call. If we don't, we might be looking at the same stuff we saw this year. Unless all the players decide to buy into Cosgrove's schemes which some didn't this year.

If we get someone else, who knows what is going to happen? Overall, I would like to see consistency in personnel from this year to next year.

I went to the game today and like all of you I was upset and to be perfectly honest I was more upset with the fans then the team. I left the game early not because of the score, not because of how cramped i was, I left because no one could stop pointing the finger.

Every person in the section i was in was screaming curse words at the coaches and even a few boo's at the players.

To all you that can't stand bill callahan i respect that but give the guy a few years. Maybe Cosgrove is useless but let callahan get a decent quarterback and a few players around them that know this WCO then you can judge him.

But this is nebraska, husker football is all we have. I dont even think steve peterson could mess that up.

This was some of the worst fan behavior yet. I'm tired of Nebraska fans saying their the best fans. It's obvious were not. During the halftime ceremony that was dedicated to Bob Brown both a college and professional hall of Famer, the Huskers fans were extremely selfish as they decided to booo Steve Pederson instead of applauding Bob Brown. A dispicable display of fan behavior by the so called "greatest football fans in the nation" I was appalled and upset. I have only left two Husker games early: one being the KST game last year and this Colorado game. Was it so much to ask as to give attention to the person who deserved it. Instead Husker fans cursed, gave the finger, and yelled during a times to honor one of the greatest alumni to ever play at Nebraska. This of course is fine by me, but stop calling Nebraska fans great, because there not. There just as bad as all the rest.

This was some of the worst fan behavior yet. I'm tired of Nebraska fans saying their the best fans. It's obvious were not. During the halftime ceremony that was dedicated to Bob Brown both a college and professional hall of Famer, the Huskers fans were extremely selfish as they decided to booo Steve Pederson instead of applauding Bob Brown. A dispicable display of fan behavior by the so called "greatest football fans in the nation" I was appalled and upset. I have only left two Husker games early: one being the KST game last year and this Colorado game. Was it so much to ask as to give attention to the person who deserved it. Instead Husker fans cursed, gave the finger, and yelled during a times to honor one of the greatest alumni to ever play at Nebraska. This of course is fine by me, but stop calling Nebraska fans great, because there not. There just as bad as all the rest.

I was at the game as well and I'll have to disagree. Maybe I'm deaf but I didn't hear any boos towards the players. I've been attending college football games in Utah for the past 5 years or so. If the team plays as bad as the Huskers played on Friday, they get booed like crazy. It sickens me, but it happens. I didn't hear that in Memorial Stadium on Friday. The crowd seemed to be very frustrated, but solidly behind the team and trying to make something happen.

As far as booing Pedersen...I didn't have a problem with that. They got a quick boo in for Stevey when he was introduced, but shut up when he started talking about Bob. Then they got a very very short very very quiet boo in when Bob Brown mentioned Steve. I thought they did a good job of showing they hate Pedersen but loved Brown and gave him a great ovation. The jeers would have been a lot louder and more sustained had Steve Pedersen showed his face to do anything else besides honor a Husker Great.

I've always thought the claim of being the "greatest fans" was a joke. Since I've been going to games I've heard every word in the book directed at Osborne, Solich, Pelini, Cotton, Cosgrove, and Callahan. I've heard Scott Frost, Jammal Lord, and Joe Dailey get booed. People leave games at halftime or midway through the third quarter. Don't get me wrong there are alot of good fans but calling us the "greatest fans in america" is a total lie.

I've always thought the claim of being the "greatest fans" was a joke. Since I've been going to games I've heard every word in the book directed at Osborne, Solich, Pelini, Cotton, Cosgrove, and Callahan. I've heard Scott Frost, Jammal Lord, and Joe Dailey get booed. People leave games at halftime or midway through the third quarter. Don't get me wrong there are alot of good fans but calling us the "greatest fans in america" is a total lie.

Have you gone to college football games anywhere else? I'm not saying Nebraska fans are perfect, but they are by far the best I've ever seen.

Have you gone to college football games anywhere else? I'm not saying Nebraska fans are perfect, but they are by far the best I've ever seen.

I've been to a handfull of games in Iowa City and a couple in Ames. The Iowa fans were just as good as the Husker fans but Ames is another story. Their fans were truly horrible.

I've been to a handfull of games in Iowa City and a couple in Ames. The Iowa fans were just as good as the Husker fans but Ames is another story. Their fans were truly horrible.

Utah fans are ridiculous. BYU fans aren't so much rude as very disloyal. They'll boo their team in a heartbeat. I went to a game at USC last year and their fans were also very impatient. Just because Husker fans aren't all perfect doesn't mean they aren't the best. Again, I went to the game on Friday and the only boos I heard were for Stevey P. And I don't have a problem with that at all.