Give the guy a break

chucker21

Yes NU fans can be impatient, after all we are human. But I truly believe the majority ARE the greatest fans ever. Name one other place youve watched a college football game where you received the same treatment you will routinely witness our fans offering visitors every Saturday. Ive been to Ames and was treated like trash. Columbia is full of absolute hooligan rednecks. Austin is out of control. Boulder yeh youve heard teh rock in the snowballs stories, and Ive witnessed them first hand. Manhattan...? what a joke for a big 12 city. on and on. The class of CF fans are in Lincoln, regardless of a few explitives here and there, bottom line.

I was with an OU fan that went to the Colorado game with me and my family...when CU came out and there was no booing she was so impressed that she had to call her mom...every other college football game she's ever been to the opposing team has been booed...i think this shows that even if we aren't perfect we are one of the classiest groups of fans in the country

Did Bill Callahan throw 4 Int's???? Or drop a half dozen passes??? Or play without any emotion on defense????

No, but he installed the offense, and made sure his buddy Cosgrove was running the offense.

I think, if you'll check, Cosgrove is on the defensive side of the ball...

Cosgrove is terrible and Callahan isn't much worse. I don't know if any of these coaches actually know how to coach and how to win games, most of them are use to losing. But boy can they recruit. :wacko:

Cosgrove is terrible and Callahan isn't much worse. I don't know if any of these coaches actually know how to coach and how to win games, most of them are use to losing. But boy can they recruit. :wacko:

Man I think I've seen this response from at least three people on the board. Notice I didn't say DIFFERENT people.

Cosgrove is kind of a joker, but if you would have seen a game in person this year you would of seen that the offensive plays were.(except some of the runs because the line stunk) I don't know how many times there were receivers open and the pass wasn't thrown to the right guy. I thik Callahan will work out. Cosgrove is another story.

Man I think I've seen this response from at least three people on the board. Notice I didn't say DIFFERENT people.

Cosgrove is kind of a joker, but if you would have seen a game in person this year you would of seen that the offensive plays were.(except some of the runs because the line stunk) I don't know how many times there were receivers open and the pass wasn't thrown to the right guy. I thik Callahan will work out. Cosgrove is another story.

sure at times there were guys open but every team has that happen once in awhile. It was more play calling, having joe run back and forth, to long of plays, not organized, not adapting to what you have to work with.

sure at times there were guys open but every team has that happen once in awhile. It was more play calling, having joe run back and forth, to long of plays, not organized, not adapting to what you have to work with.

We have been over this time and time before. The players that were in here on offense were here to run the option. You cannot tell Callahan that he had to run the option here in his first few years because the players were option players. He needed to put HIS offense into place right away.

As far as having Joe run back and forth, I think it was probally the best thing for this group of guys. The offensive plays have very long names and would get getted messed up very easily when it had to go through different people sending in the plays. Its like the game of telephone that some of us played as kids, the message would always get messed up after a few people but had a much better chance of getting through correctly with fewer people involved.

We have been over this time and time before. The players that were in here on offense were here to run the option. You cannot tell Callahan that he had to run the option here in his first few years because the players were option players. He needed to put HIS offense into place right away.

As far as having Joe run back and forth, I think it was probally the best thing for this group of guys. The offensive plays have very long names and would get getted messed up very easily when it had to go through different people sending in the plays. Its like the game of telephone that some of us played as kids, the message would always get messed up after a few people but had a much better chance of getting through correctly with fewer people involved.

wow!

No we didn't have to run the option for two years but what most of us and most good coaches do is adapt your offense to what talent you have and thats what Bill said he would do before the season started. What he could of done is run the ball more, done some more play action passes, some roll out, some plays that they were use to and more familiar with and mix in some plays of west coast and more fantasy plays.

As far as getting the plays in, if you think that is the best way to do it you are insane. What happen to stuntz signling them in? Dailey had a wrist ban. Hell have stuntz and glissman each signal in a number and have one be the right number on his band if need be.

As far as getting the plays in, if you think that is the best way to do it you are insane. What happen to stuntz signling them in? Dailey had a wrist ban. Hell have stuntz and glissman each signal in a number and have one be the right number on his band if need be.

That's assuming the way the plays are referred to is simple enough that it would facilitate that. That and the signaler would have to be trained as to how to signal them in. Remember, this isn't your dad's offense.

I suspect that Callahan isn't just telling Joe the play, but trying to give him some more advice on progressions, etc, etc for the play called. If Joe or whoever can handle them sufficiently in the future than maybe signaling them in would work. Otherwise, jogging to the sideline every down may be tough for you and me, but it shouldn't be for a conditioned athlete.

As far as getting the plays in, if you think that is the best way to do it you are insane.  What happen to stuntz signling them in?  Dailey had a wrist ban.  Hell have stuntz and glissman each signal in a number and have one be the right number on his band if need be.

That's assuming the way the plays are referred to is simple enough that it would facilitate that. That and the signaler would have to be trained as to how to signal them in. Remember, this isn't your dad's offense.

I suspect that Callahan isn't just telling Joe the play, but trying to give him some more advice on progressions, etc, etc for the play called. If Joe or whoever can handle them sufficiently in the future than maybe signaling them in would work. Otherwise, jogging to the sideline every down may be tough for you and me, but it shouldn't be for a conditioned athlete.

I don't think so, I sure haven't seen callahan telling him anything more, they don't exactly have 5 mins to talk and go over it. If his system is that difficult and plays that long, I'd say he needs to find a better way and a better system. THe goal is not to be difficult, the goal is to get it simplified so your players know it and can execute, not to confuse the players so much that they don't even know what the hell is going on.

Of course he doesn't dissect the plays but he might throwout one or two pointers for Joe to think about before the play. This offense is not too complicated but it does take some time for these plays to get familiar with everything.

As far as which plays he runs for these guys may have a lot to do with what they can comprehend in the huddle. Play-action plays have a ton of verbal commands that go on in the huddle and maybe those guys can't handle all of it this year. Pass plays are actually pretty simple to call and running plays are more difficult because of all of the different blocking schemes that they have in the offense. There is a lot more to consider than just what you see on tv fellas. We are not in practice and we do not know what goes on in the huddle so some people need to back off and not act like experts on everything that goes on with this football team.

Of course he doesn't dissect the plays but he might throwout one or two pointers for Joe to think about before the play. This offense is not too complicated but it does take some time for these plays to get familiar with everything.

As far as which plays he runs for these guys may have a lot to do with what they can comprehend in the huddle. Play-action plays have a ton of verbal commands that go on in the huddle and maybe those guys can't handle all of it this year. Pass plays are actually pretty simple to call and running plays are more difficult because of all of the different blocking schemes that they have in the offense. There is a lot more to consider than just what you see on tv fellas. We are not in practice and we do not know what goes on in the huddle so some people need to back off and not act like experts on everything that goes on with this football team.

lol, I guess we agree to disagree and I def. disagree!

You disagree with what? You think the offense is pretty simple, the plays actually have short verbal commands, or that you know what goes on in practice and in the huddle. My point was that there are a lot more factors that go on in this program that most people don't know and don't care to know about. Most people just see what is on tv and that they think that because they watched the game they know everything that is going on with this program.

You disagree with what? You think the offense is pretty simple, the plays actually have short verbal commands, or that you know what goes on in practice and in the huddle. My point was that there are a lot more factors that go on in this program that most people don't know and don't care to know about. Most people just see what is on tv and that they think that because they watched the game they know everything that is going on with this program.

I disagree that the offense is not to complicated. If the best way you can get a play in is to have your qb run back and for then I think it's to complicated. If you can't get audibles in until the end of the year, then I think it's to complicated. I disagree with you that bill tells joe anything other then the 3 sentence long play when joe runs over there. get it?