Who was your favorite husker ever??

The great white hope! Gerry Gdowski!

He was a coach for a couple of years at South Dakota State University in my hometown. Really a nice guy! I became a big fan after getting to know him well.

Otherwise it's Touchdown Tommie Frraaaisssiaaahhhh (Kent Pavalka voice here)!!!

SUPERBUNNY

He would be near the top in my list for Quarterbacks that played for Nebraska.

Lots of great players, but i have been an O-lineman for 12 years now and I am a center so I have to show some love for Dominic Raiola #54, I have worn his number in high school and still wear today as a sophomore at a DII school. Another number 54, Aaron Graham, is right up there with him. If it weren't for those guys there wouldn't have been as much love for Tommie Frasier and Eric Crouch.

To bad you were'nt around when Dave Remington was playing. That guy was a great center and a few time was penalized for false starts because he was so fast off the line. Nebraska used to have All Americans playing for the offensive line now they can't even block.

Dave Rimmington was awesome!!! Yes he was before my time, but my dad is a long time husker fan and i have seen many old tapes of him. I was always amazed at the speed he came off the line with, he was not afraid to fly off the line low and lay a hit on anyone in his path. Great o-lineman have played here, but now the o-lineman just don't have them same nastiness as they did in the past.

So many great ones, but offense has to be corey schlesinger:

cory1.jpg

On defense, I always liked terrell farley..dude was crazy

4155bg8.jpeg

you are right about farley. i was very surprised he never had a pro career.

agreed, Farley was a hybrid!!! he was amazingly fast for his position, and in the 95 season had some awesome interceptions and returns for TDs

Lawrence Phillips....

....just kidding, although he was a beast (in more ways than one)

Tommy Frazier is my favorite Husker among those I am old enough to have seen play, but watching highlights of Johnny Rodgers has made him my favorite all-time....

Lawrence Phillips is not my favorite as a person, but I think he may have been the most talented of all time. He was a BEAST and if he didn't have the personal issues could have had a great pro career.

Who was that Polk kid who played linebacker in 2000? He was pretty fun to watch. Remember the game he intecepted a pass and ran it back for a TD, got flagged for spiking the ball while Frank was laughing his head off on the sideline? While not my favorite play of all time it is close. Everyone in the stadium was going nuts. I wonder what happened to him.

I think you mean Carlos Polk, I saw him earlier this year playing for the Chargers as a backup to Merriman.