This is why Gill is even on the list.

If Turner Gill wasnt apart of the husker family would we even be considering him a candidate. No.

You dont hear all these other schools saying Gill is on their short list of coaching candidates.

However, even if Pelini never coached at NU he would still be a candidate, he wouldnt be such a favorite like he is right now, but he would be considered. That just one of the reasons i like Pelini over Gill.

*Edit: I am not posting this to bash Turner Gill, he has done a lot for UNL, this is simply support for Pelini.

If Turner Gill wasnt apart of the husker family would we even be considering him a candidate. No.

You dont hear all these other schools saying Gill is on their short list of coaching candidates.

However, even if Pelini never coached at NU he would still be a candidate, he wouldnt be such a favorite like he is right now, but he would be considered. That just one of the reasons i like Pelini over Gill.

*Edit: I am not posting this to bash Turner Gill, he has done a lot for UNL, this is simply support for Pelini.

your right, winning 6 games at buffalo in less then 2 years is nothing to be proud of :sarcasm , yup. i'd rather have gill then pelini.

where is it written that we have to have a 'family' member be HC? Ugh!!!

I would think T.O. would go after the best possible person available however what if he does not want us. Thought about that? What if T.O. doesn't let BC go? Thought about that?

This isn't the dream job we, as fans, think it is.

This isn't the dream job we, as fans, think it is

Obviously this isnt a dream job for a lot of coaches, but for just about every coach that has gotten any attention this is a pretty major step up from there current job.

This is why it is a great job eventhough we are really down right now.

-We are in a major conference that if ou go undeafeated and win the conference will almost be guarenteed to play for the NC. You cant say that for a MAC team and you might not even be able to say that in the Big East. The Big East is way up from what it used to be but still if you had 3 undeafeated teams, 1 from the Big XII, 1 from the Big East and one from the SEC or PAC 10, the team from the Big East would be on the outside looking in and would not get a chance at playing for the NC, because the team from those other conferences would get more repspect. (obviously depending on who they play in their non-conference games)

-Nebraska will always be considered a major college football power, and will always have loads of tradition to fall back on.

-Eventhough NU is never going to be able to pick their recruits like Texas, USC, and the Florida teams can, it is still much easier to recruit at Nebraska than it is at a lot of schools in the nation.

-I would be willing to bet that a lot of people in the state of California could care less if USC wins or loses, I mean there are like 15 other schools to root for and a number of professional teams to follow in multiple sports. Same thing in Texas, Florida, and just about ever single other major college football program, I cant think of one college football power that doesnt have to fight another college or professional team for support. In Nebraska Husker football is the big show in the entire state, I mean if you a come UNL and lead this team to prominences you will be regarded as Nebraska legend, one of our previous coaches was selected as one of Nebraska's congressmen. While there is tremendous pressure here at NU there is also great reward.

-You will have practically full support of not only the state but also the athletic department. It is great what the volleyball team is doing but this state is very unhappy because the football team is terrible right now. So the next coach will be granted just about every single resource the University has to restore this program.

Who else is approaching Gill? Sure, you could use that as logic. But I dont think the next Nebraska football coach will be decided by what the nation views as popular or "in".

Osborne will make a decision that best fits Nebraska......... with no regard for what others think about the situation.

I think T.O. may have a preference for Turner Gill. But only time will tell.

Yes Turner Gill is doing a good job at Buffalo but that does not mean he is ready to take over as head coach at NU. Maybe in a few years but definitely not right now. I will be so ****ed if we hire him right now (unless he wins a Big XII championship his first year, then I'll be extremely happy).

thats kinda a fair-weather idea isnt it?

on that note.. since when do you have to be a big-name coach or big-name coach potential to be good? He has taken a HORRIBLE Buffalo team and gave them an opportunity to compete for the MAC title.. only losing a chokehold on it with a 31-28 at miami of ohio.. he has ties to nebraska and understands what is important.. we wouldn't have to worry about him leaving for any other job that came available if he succeeded..

Yes Turner Gill is doing a good job at Buffalo but that does not mean he is ready to take over as head coach at NU. Maybe in a few years but definitely not right now. I will be so ****ed if we hire him right now (unless he wins a Big XII championship his first year, then I'll be extremely happy).

thats kinda a fair-weather idea isnt it?

welcome to fandom!