Coaching Carousel

I can't access the site from work (damn server nazi's :angry: ) but someoneposted this snippet on another board

Here's a snippet from the site:

Neb

Paul Johnson is the right man for this job, but with Osborne making the hire he probably keeps it in the family, although the Paul Johnson's option should be considered a big part of this family. Turner Gill would jump at the chance but would the fans acccept him with minimal experience. Bo Pelini would jump at the chance to turn it down, so i am told. Chris Peterson would be a good fit if he doesnt go to UCLA which seems very likeley. Butch Davis' phone will definitely ring for this job, if he took it and Arkansas has a job opening, we would have to get Ark vs Neb on the schedule soon. OSborne is doing a good job of keeping his "true" thoughts quiet.

Rumor is, Pelini wants to be offered the job so he can turn it down and Arkansas is where he would likely wind up.

I still haven't heard a good reason why Pelini would turn down the Nebraska job. The fans are Bogasming for him, Pederson is gone, Osborne is a man I hear he greatly respects, and I think Nebraska would have to be about the best coaching job in the country if you're a coach who wants to be a part of the greatest tradition in college football.

X

I still haven't heard a good reason why Pelini would turn down the Nebraska job.

My guess would be (if this rumor is true) and I'm reaching here...but he still holds a grudge against NU in general and this would be sort of a payback...a "how you like me now biatch!". But who knows.

I doubt he would turn down his one and might be his only legitimate chance at being a Head coach. Not a lot of teams that need a new coach have him high on their list.

He probably does not hold a grudge for the University or fans for the way Pederson handle the last coaching search.

If this rumor about Pelini is correct, then he has already been contacted by another school and has verbally accepted a HC offer from another school. It wouldn't be the first time a school thought they had someone to see him opt for another school (Meyer with ND then going to Florida). All I can say is that there are a lot of things happening behind the scene. If Pelini takes the Arkansas job over NU, it's because he believes A) it's easier to recruit and Bee) they have more talent there right now.

If this rumor about Pelini is correct, then he has already been contacted by another school and has verbally accepted a HC offer from another school. It wouldn't be the first time a school thought they had someone to see him opt for another school (Meyer with ND then going to Florida). All I can say is that there are a lot of things happening behind the scene. If Pelini takes the Arkansas job over NU, it's because he believes A) it's easier to recruit and Bee) they have more talent there right now.

Makes more sense. I still like my "Screw You!" theory though :lol:

Coaching Carousel

I can't access the site from work (damn server nazi's :angry: ) but someoneposted this snippet on another board

Here's a snippet from the site:

[...] Butch Davis' phone will definitely ring for this job [...]

okay, now this is just wacky.

why? because john blake left nebraska to be davis' defensive co-ordiantor. if butch gets the job, odds are good he may ask blake to make the trip with him back to nebraska.

or not. who knows?

I think Bo has the sense differentiate between Pedey and the state. The people didn't fire him, Pedey did. If he doesn't see that then he is a dumbass.

I think Ark will make a play for Davis. He is an Ark-guy that has eyed that job for a while. Plus Nutt could still be back.

VIVA LA DRAMA DE LA NUTT!!!