Name

Will Muschamp

Coaching at

Auburn Tigers (Defensive Coordinator)

Coaching Career

1995-96- Auburn (Graduate Assistant)

1998- West Georgia (Secondary)

1999- Eastern Kentucky (Secondary)

2000- Valdosta State (Defensive Coordinator)

2001-04- LSU (Linebackers/Defensive Coordinator)

2005- Miami Dolphins (Assistant Head Coach for Defense)

2006- Auburn (Defensive Coordinator)

Biography

In 2001 Muschamp joined Nick Saban's staff at LSU as linebackers coach before rising to defensive coordinator in 2002. In the 2003 season, LSU won the BCS Championship with Muschamp's defense leading the nation in both scoring defense (11.0 ppg) and total defense (252.0 ypg). Muschamp left LSU after the 2004 season with Saban to join the Miami Dolphins staff as the Assistant Head Coach in Charge of Defense. While at LSU, Muschamp coached four All-Americans including Bradie James, Chad Lavalais, Corey Webster and Marcus Spears. Florida State Seminoles offensive coordinator Jimbo Fisher believes Muschamp deserves much more credit for the LSU defensive performance than he has been given.[5] Fisher coached at LSU at the same time as Muschamp and the two remain close friends. When the Auburn defensive coordinator position became available in January 2006, Muschamp took the opportunity to return to the college game. In 2006, Muschamp's first season at Auburn, the defense finished seventh among NCAA Division I-FBS teams in scoring defense, allowing only 21 touchdowns.

One year at Auburn, plus this year makes good experience? As a D-coordinator?

I dont think so. Someday sure. Give him a few years and he'll be at Alabama.

If you compare bio's for Muschamp and Pelini, Muschamp has more college experience. According to the bio huskeraddict posted, Pelini's first College job was as D-coord for Nebraska in 03.

One year at Auburn, plus this year makes good experience? As a D-coordinator?

I dont think so. Someday sure. Give him a few years and he'll be at Alabama.

If you compare bio's for Muschamp and Pelini, Muschamp has more college experience. According to the bio huskeraddict posted, Pelini's first College job was as D-coord for Nebraska in 03.

Yah bro, I think I over looked some of the other places he was at. That's some pretty good experience. I would agree.