GET OVER IT!

OLDMAN

Ok, so get rid of everybody and start over. Isn't that what everyone wanted when Solich was around? Let's say you do clean house and start over, how much time are you willing to give the new coaching staff to produce a national championship team? 3 years? 5 years? 8 years? Anyone who thinks it can be done in less than 5 years is just fooling themselves.

Stoops didn't get that memo.

Ok, so get rid of everybody and start over. Isn't that what everyone wanted when Solich was around? Let's say you do clean house and start over, how much time are you willing to give the new coaching staff to produce a national championship team? 3 years? 5 years? 8 years? Anyone who thinks it can be done in less than 5 years is just fooling themselves. The problem with you Husker fans is that you are not willing to put in the time to allow a program to develop. Isn't that why you got rid of Solich?

(Now, I am not being sarcastic here,my memory really is not all that great, but wasn't Solich sacked the same year NU played for the national championship?) If that's the case, what does a coach have to do to satisfy you guys?

Sure the wheels have come off your program, but whatever you do you are going to have to settle for the fact that there are going to be many, many lean years ahead of you until this new dream coaching staff comes along and restores things to the glory days of T.O. Are you guys in it for the long haul or do you, as in the lyrics of the song, still sing, "I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, And I want it now?

If you would have been patient with Solich you might not be crying in your beer now.

No Solich played for a NC in 2001. two ears before being fired. And I would point out he didn't need to develop a program . He inherited the most powerful team in history from Tom Osborne. The man started of on top. He didn't have to climb there.

Hey, I live out of state in Alabama (no, not a Crimson Tide fan) and NU is my #2 team. I care. I thought it was a mistake when Callahan was hired and brought in that vaunted "WCO."

I was able to go to the CWS this year and made a side trip to Lincoln. My first time ever on campus. It was well worth the trip and time. Bought out your bookstore, got to go into the stadium, met two of your coaches and was treated as well as I've ever been treated. Just wish TO had been there that day. Would have made my year meeting him. I want what's best for Nebraska and don't believe it's Callahan.

Hope it was okay to give my opinion. I have deep Nebraska ties and follow you guys religiously.

IMO that BC has to go because he isn't a COLLEGE football HC. He may be a great NFL offensive coordinator, but that doesn't mean he can coach college teams.

* His version of the WCO looks to be way to complex for STUDENT athletes.

* Game day adjustments are not effective.... MOST telling stat 0-18 (or 0-19?) when behind at half time.

* Horrible defense and blind loyality to Coz. Our defenders are not the 118th most talented players in the USA.

* Self-evaluation.... "excellent coach in every aspect of the game"

* Disregard (dislike?) of NU's tradition, i.e., former players not welcome to observe practices.

IMO that BC has to go because he isn't a COLLEGE football HC. He may be a great NFL offensive coordinator, but that doesn't mean he can coach college teams.

* Game day adjustments are not effective.... MOST telling stat 0-18 (or 0-19?) when behind at half time.

* Horrible defense and blind loyality to Coz. Our defenders are not the 118th most talented players in the USA.

* Disregard (dislike?) of NU's tradition, i.e., former players not welcome to observe practices.

Exactly my point. I'm a Mississippi State fan. We have the same situation with Sylvester Croom. He may be a good NFL coach but the jury is still out on his collegiate abilities, even with today's win. And he has the same blind loyalty to the OC. The disregard of tradition is way up there.

Alas, he's entrenched for at least next year.

Ok, so get rid of everybody and start over. Isn't that what everyone wanted when Solich was around? Let's say you do clean house and start over, how much time are you willing to give the new coaching staff to produce a national championship team? 3 years? 5 years? 8 years? Anyone who thinks it can be done in less than 5 years is just fooling themselves.

...or the Urbanites in Gatorville (although, to be fair, he did it with the Zookers recruits - Stoops really did it more from scratch)

the new AD, Dr. Tom has already over ruled him and allowed/invited back former players to come to games and the side lines. if the AD has to go this far to return to tradition, it means cally has no clue about our proud past......throw his ass out!

Exactly my point. I'm a Mississippi State fan. We have the same situation with Sylvester Croom. He may be a good NFL coach but the jury is still out on his collegiate abilities, even with today's win. And he has the same blind loyalty to the OC. The disregard of tradition is way up there.

Alas, he's entrenched for at least next year.

...or the Urbanites in Gatorville (although, to be fair, he did it with the Zookers recruits - Stoops really did it more from scratch)

Stopps did it from scratch? NO he didn't! He had all of John Blake's players.