Why this win shows Callahan must go

I am glad that Keller got hurt otherwise we wouldn't be enjoying this beat down on k-st. Too bad Ganz didn't start the season we might have been good this year. lol.

Yeah being glad that a kid got hurt. What a MORONIC thing to say. :asshat

Yeah, I agree. Why would anyone be glad to see a player get hurt? That has to be the dumbest remark made by a Husker fan all season. Worse than yelling at the players kids.

Apparently the complete change in play calling has NOTHING to do with offensive production.

This is a very good point and something I picked up on as well. The play calling has definitely improved. And receivers are finally running better routes, and the QB is finally getting more time to throw.

That's why it's so hard to compare, Ganz has come in under different circumstances than Keller had to play with through much of the season.

I am glad that Keller got hurt otherwise we wouldn't be enjoying this beat down on k-st. Too bad Ganz didn't start the season we might have been good this year. lol.

Yeah being glad that a kid got hurt. What a MORONIC thing to say. :asshat

Yeah, I agree. Why would anyone be glad to see a player get hurt? That has to be the dumbest remark made by a Husker fan all season. Worse than yelling at the players kids.

yes you also forgot this is a team game. There is no I in team. Sometimes bad things happen that lead to good things.

If I remember right the KU - KSU game was reasonably close. Judging by this game those two team are light-years apart.

Back to the topic - the score was run up because of NU's team frustration. TO would probably NOT have been going on 4th down and having half-back passes when the game was a blow out. But then again TO wouldn't have had an embarassing 5 game losing streak to contend with.

This game showed that Nebraska DOES have good athletes that, when properly motivated, can play a good football game. It also show just what a tremendous waste this season was. Where was this team for the last 7 weeks?

As my lovely fiance' said, the players won despite the Callahan and the coaching staff, not because of them. It was Senior Day and the last home game, Ganz helped to fire them up, a bunch of the old players were around, they played with heart and emotion and won.

But what about the defense? Still gave up a pile of yards and showed little. At least it must have been a good all around show for the fans at the game.

Defense might have given up a bunch of yards, but it made some big stops, pressured Freeman, and helped the offense opened up the 38-10 halftime lead -- after that, it did not matter much -- game was over.

Great win and I happy for the seniors and Ganz.

What happens next year when we are running a new offense, one in which the new flavor of the month ( see Glenn, Castille, Adi, Octo, Thenarse, Dailey) for Husker fans Ganz can't run. What happens then? What if he plays the last few games of this year and never starts another game? What will people be saying?

Also the offense being run today was NOT the offense being run with Keller. 4 wide shotgun on every down. Also as far as Purify getting the ball more goes, KU & KSU are the first teams to not double team him since probably USC. It is no wonder that he has caught so many balls.

People can bash Keller all the want, however he made some throws that Ganz can't make. That is not a knock on Ganz that is just a fact. Also you can't tell me that if this was Keller's 4th year in the system his stats wouldn't have been better.

For the couple of goofs on here saying that they KNOW Keller was promised the starting job, please show me proof.

People can bash Keller all the want, however he made some throws that Ganz can't make.

That's why he was the starter, but he didn't run the offense as well.

I'll tell you, too, that if you can stand to go back and watch the Wake game, Keller made some of the worst overthrows I've ever seen -- several passes waaaaay beyond open receivers.

Ganz hardly played a down in his career till the last two weeks. What he's done is just amazing, and it truly calls into question Callahan's ability to assess who can run his offense best.

Maybe he would have seen that if he'd put Ganz in against Okie State or A&M.

What happens next year when we are running a new offense, one in which the new flavor of the month ( see Glenn, Castille, Adi, Octo, Thenarse, Dailey) for Husker fans Ganz can't run. What happens then? What if he plays the last few games of this year and never starts another game? What will people be saying?

Also the offense being run today was NOT the offense being run with Keller. 4 wide shotgun on every down. Also as far as Purify getting the ball more goes, KU & KSU are the first teams to not double team him since probably USC. It is no wonder that he has caught so many balls.

People can bash Keller all the want, however he made some throws that Ganz can't make. That is not a knock on Ganz that is just a fact. Also you can't tell me that if this was Keller's 4th year in the system his stats wouldn't have been better.

For the couple of goofs on here saying that they KNOW Keller was promised the starting job, please show me proof.

wow, you are a pretty opinionated goof for a MOD?? the other thing here is these are all simply your thoughts, WITH NO PROOF TO BACK THEM UP!

no different than anyone else who has stated an opinion or made an accusation.

i still believe Sam was promised the job.......you still can believe he would have played better than Ganz after 4 years in the system.....get over it.

oh and Hardy caught 3 TD passes, the game was just not all about Purify.......you need to review the stats, big boy!

finally, why is it so hard to believe that cally wouldn't have made a deal? he promised Beck he wouldn't take another qb unless he cleared it with him first......this is not a coach i want here any longer.......his history is all about making deals......it's bullsh#t!

What offense doesn't Ganz fit the profile to play? His speed makes him ideal for any type of option attack, especialy the spread. And we all know Osborne likes the spread. Osborne was running some spread option in his last few season.

What offense doesn't Ganz fit the profile to play? His speed makes him ideal for any type of option attack, especialy the spread. And we all know Osborne likes the spread. Osborne was running some spread option in his last few season.

agree.

Ganz vs Keller??? Who cares...it would not have mattered who was the QB the way the Defense has played all year....when your D gives up a minimum of 400 yds a game it doesnt matter how many points you score...i think ganz is doing well because he can run since our O line consistantly has not blocked all year. Ganz is able to get out of the way...and face it KSUcks is not a good team and they have a coach that does many stupid things..

i will probably catch hell for this, but i told you guys before the season started, cally and Sam's old man made a deal for the kid to start at NU this year, i still stand by that statement.......not that Sam was a bad choice, but this offense takes several years to understand and ganz has had a sh#t load of time to get it right.......still not the type of O you want a qb to have to struggle to understand.

I have to agree with you. I mentioned it in another thread but I'm thoroughly convinced Ganz should have been the starter all along.

Apparently the complete change in play calling has NOTHING to do with offensive production.

This is a very good point and something I picked up on as well. The play calling has definitely improved. And receivers are finally running better routes, and the QB is finally getting more time to throw.

That's why it's so hard to compare, Ganz has come in under different circumstances than Keller had to play with through much of the season.

Who called the plays yesterday by the way? I never did hear who it was?