Why this win shows Callahan must go

i will probably catch hell for this, but i told you guys before the season started, cally and Sam's old man made a deal for the kid to start at NU this year, i still stand by that statement.......not that Sam was a bad choice, but this offense takes several years to understand and ganz has had a sh#t load of time to get it right.......still not the type of O you want a qb to have to struggle to understand.

After hearing interview's with Mike Keller, I firmly believe that. To me, it wasn't a race in the fall to see who would start this year, as Bill already had made a commitment. However, maybe it should have been.

Makes sense considering the Harrison Beck debacle. I always suspected that Callahan promised HIM the starting role, and that's why his mommy got mad.

If these thoughts are correct, it is just one more reason to show this guy the door. All anyone should be promised is a chance to compete, not a lock.

Destroys the morale of the team.

:bang

:yeah:bang

IMO the only thing this win shows is

a) an offense operates differently under different players. (huh, imagine that. I am sure if things haven't been going so well all this BS wouldn't exist.) We were hardly in the shotgun with Keller, which is interesting because from what I understand Watson usually doesn't use the shotgun a whole lot. I wonder what they saw with Joe that made them go to the shotgun more.

B) The defense played pretty good. Good enough at least. Blitzes actually worked and weren't picked up very well by KSU. KSU did have a few opportunities to make game changing plays and Freeman just didn't get it done. I thought short passes over the middle were defended pretty well throughout the game. Blue got beat in man coverage a few times, but played OK.

Newearthhusker, please stop drinking the koolaid!

Must be a woman because your reasoning is out of this world!

WOW!! THAT WOULD JUST ABOUT GET YOU FIRED FROM ANY POSITION, EITHER PUBLIC OR PRIVATE. AND YOU WOULD DESERVE IT. DO YOU EXPECT DINNER ON THE TABLE WHEN YOU GET HOME, TOO?

I'LL BET YOU GET YOUR WIFE A NICE FRYING PAN FOR CHRISTMAS, YOU ROMANTIC DEVIL!!

What happens next year when we are running a new offense, one in which the new flavor of the month ( see Glenn, Castille, Adi, Octo, Thenarse, Dailey) for Husker fans Ganz can't run. What happens then? What if he plays the last few games of this year and never starts another game? What will people be saying?

Also the offense being run today was NOT the offense being run with Keller. 4 wide shotgun on every down. Also as far as Purify getting the ball more goes, KU & KSU are the first teams to not double team him since probably USC. It is no wonder that he has caught so many balls.

People can bash Keller all the want, however he made some throws that Ganz can't make. That is not a knock on Ganz that is just a fact. Also you can't tell me that if this was Keller's 4th year in the system his stats wouldn't have been better.

For the couple of goofs on here saying that they KNOW Keller was promised the starting job, please show me proof.

wow, you are a pretty opinionated goof for a MOD?? the other thing here is these are all simply your thoughts, WITH NO PROOF TO BACK THEM UP!

no different than anyone else who has stated an opinion or made an accusation.

i still believe Sam was promised the job.......you still can believe he would have played better than Ganz after 4 years in the system.....get over it.

oh and Hardy caught 3 TD passes, the game was just not all about Purify.......you need to review the stats, big boy!

finally, why is it so hard to believe that cally wouldn't have made a deal? he promised Beck he wouldn't take another qb unless he cleared it with him first......this is not a coach i want here any longer.......his history is all about making deals......it's bullsh#t!

I'll go sit in the corner and not have an opinion because I'm a "Mod" :wacko: I have proof to back up my opinion about Keller making throws that Ganz can't it is called game-film. I'll never get over you saying Keller was promised the job. As a matter of fact I probably won't be able to sleep tonight because I'm so bent out of shape about it. <_<

I didn't say it was all Purify. I said he was getting the ball more and the talking heads had mentioned this. Todd Peterson had 2 TD catches also big boy. Who was the leading receiver yesterday again? Review the stats and tell me that. :madash

Like I mentioned before Solich made a deal with Crouch that he could have the QB job if he didn't take his ball and go home. Also if I'm not mistaken he some how talked Buckhalter out of quitting due to lack of playing time. Did you think he was shady with his history of making deals. (of course I have no proof to back up what I am saying so it must be true because I believe it happened)

Finally, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings with my goof comment. It was out of line and I hope all the GOOFS out there can forgive me. :corndance

I resent that - I am a woman and not following Newearthhusker's reasoning. Please rethink that comment.

:box:box:box:box:box:box:nutz:nutz:nutz:nutz:nutz

There wasn't any reasoning going on. I wasn't sticking up for anything or trying to justify something. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go do the dishes and make a pie. ;)

What happens next year when we are running a new offense, one in which the new flavor of the month ( see Glenn, Castille, Adi, Octo, Thenarse, Dailey) for Husker fans Ganz can't run. What happens then? What if he plays the last few games of this year and never starts another game? What will people be saying?

Also the offense being run today was NOT the offense being run with Keller. 4 wide shotgun on every down. Also as far as Purify getting the ball more goes, KU & KSU are the first teams to not double team him since probably USC. It is no wonder that he has caught so many balls.

People can bash Keller all the want, however he made some throws that Ganz can't make. That is not a knock on Ganz that is just a fact. Also you can't tell me that if this was Keller's 4th year in the system his stats wouldn't have been better.

For the couple of goofs on here saying that they KNOW Keller was promised the starting job, please show me proof.

wow, you are a pretty opinionated goof for a MOD?? the other thing here is these are all simply your thoughts, WITH NO PROOF TO BACK THEM UP!

i still believe Sam was promised the job.......you still can believe he would have played better than Ganz after 4 years in the system.....get over it.

oh and Hardy caught 3 TD passes, the game was just not all about Purify.......you need to review the stats, big boy!

finally, why is it so hard to believe that cally wouldn't have made a deal? he promised Beck he wouldn't take another qb unless he cleared it with him first......this is not a coach i want here any longer.......his history is all about making deals......it's bullsh#t!

I'll go sit in the corner and not have an opinion because I'm a "Mod" :wacko: I have proof to back up my opinion about Keller making throws that Ganz can't it is called game-film. I'll never get over you saying Keller was promised the job. As a matter of fact I probably won't be able to sleep tonight because I'm so bent out of shape about it. <_<

i have proof too, game film of Keller throwing a lot of balls behind the receivers.

I didn't say it was all Purify. I said he was getting the ball more and the talking heads had mentioned this. Todd Peterson had 2 TD catches also big boy. Who was the leading receiver yesterday again? Review the stats and tell me that. :madash

no, you said Purify and the offensive alignment were different and the coverage allowed Ganz to look better than Keller.......yeah, ok.....7 TD's better? give me a break, the kid was on fire and played lights out!

Like I mentioned before Solich made a deal with Crouch that he could have the QB job if he didn't take his ball and go home. Also if I'm not mistaken he some how talked Buckhalter out of quitting due to lack of playing time. Did you think he was shady with his history of making deals. (of course I have no proof to back up what I am saying so it must be true because I believe it happened)

so what? i am talking about callahan here, still don't believe it? still waiting for Santa and the tooth fairy??

Finally, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings with my goof comment. It was out of line and I hope all the GOOFS out there can forgive me. :corndance

1) Just because someone is a moderator or an admin doesn't mean they can't be opinionated. That idea is ludicrous and anyone who has that idea should probably wipe it from their brain immediately.

2) I think it's comical that you try to harp on newearth for having no "proof" but at the same time you are adament about this pact that Callahan and Mr. Keller had. Yea. That's rich.

I don't think it takes a good eye to see that Keller IS more talented than Ganz. He has the ABILITY to make certain throws consistently that Ganz can't. Now, does that mean that Keller completed every throw? No, he has off days just like Ganz did against KU ( overthrows, underthrows, etc etc.) The fact of the matter is that this pipe dream that Callahan promised Keller the job is just that, a pipe dream. Essentially unprovable.While there are actual facts that show why Keller might be a better passer than Ganz.

1) Just because someone is a moderator or an admin doesn't mean they can't be opinionated. That idea is ludicrous and anyone who has that idea should probably wipe it from their brain immediately.

2) I think it's comical that you try to harp on newearth for having no "proof" but at the same time you are adament about this pact that Callahan and Mr. Keller had. Yea. That's rich.

I don't think it takes a good eye to see that Keller IS more talented than Ganz. He has the ABILITY to make certain throws consistently that Ganz can't. Now, does that mean that Keller completed every throw? No, he has off days just like Ganz did against KU ( overthrows, underthrows, etc etc.) The fact of the matter is that this pipe dream that Callahan promised Keller the job is just that, a pipe dream. Essentially unprovable.While there are actual facts that show why Keller might be a better passer than Ganz.

I think that it is true that Keller MAY be, technically speaking, a better passer than Ganz. This is what I think makes the difference, though:

Keller, as well as many of the juco players, may be seen as carpetbaggers by the 4- and 5-year players on the team. As hard as Keller took the losses, I really don't think the team ever accepted him as a leader. He wasn't seen as a real Husker. The offensive line really has picked it up a couple of notches under Ganz. They actually seem willing to go to battle for him, and that is the difference. And that response echoes through the entire team. And, coaches might not have had any idea of this until Keller was injured. Remember, these coaches came from the world of professional athletes, and all of those athletes performed at a peak level at all times. They were in it for money. College athletes have more on their minds.

I would also like to remind fans that although NU has six losses, four of them came against teams that were (or are) in the Top Ten nationally. The other two losses were against teams that have looked very good at times.

Ganz is simply a better Husker QB because he is a freshman-to-senior guy. He knows the players, he has lived with them, and they know him. Better team chemistry.

That's my take, anyway.

WOW!! THAT WOULD JUST ABOUT GET YOU FIRED FROM ANY POSITION, EITHER PUBLIC OR PRIVATE. AND YOU WOULD DESERVE IT. DO YOU EXPECT DINNER ON THE TABLE WHEN YOU GET HOME, TOO?

I'LL BET YOU GET YOUR WIFE A NICE FRYING PAN FOR CHRISTMAS, YOU ROMANTIC DEVIL!!

Just an FYI...typing in all caps on a message board is really annoying. You can get your point across without doing it, by typing like a normal human being.

And no, Callahan does not have to go for this team to succeed. I think everyone should admit that the offensive changes installed for Ganz in two short weeks have been remarkable. Shades of the spread option, intermingled with tight I-formation power sets. Looked darned good to me. Sitting in the stands, you could really see the difference.

This will be a different (and far more effective team) when the last of the Solich seniors graduate this year. I'll repeat this; just look at game films of #51 on defense, and you will get the picture.

And no, Callahan does not have to go for this team to succeed. I think everyone should admit that the offensive changes installed for Ganz in two short weeks have been remarkable. Shades of the spread option, intermingled with tight I-formation power sets. Looked darned good to me. Sitting in the stands, you could really see the difference.

This will be a different (and far more effective team) when the last of the Solich seniors graduate this year. I'll repeat this; just look at game films of #51 on defense, and you will get the picture.

I've got to agree with this...never really been a fan of 51, to me it's more a name thing.

Throw on top of that Q getting out of here and we should be in much better shape.

I think that it is true that Keller MAY be, technically speaking, a better passer than Ganz. This is what I think makes the difference, though:

Keller, as well as many of the juco players, may be seen as carpetbaggers by the 4- and 5-year players on the team. As hard as Keller took the losses, I really don't think the team ever accepted him as a leader. He wasn't seen as a real Husker. The offensive line really has picked it up a couple of notches under Ganz. They actually seem willing to go to battle for him, and that is the difference. And that response echoes through the entire team. And, coaches might not have had any idea of this until Keller was injured. Remember, these coaches came from the world of professional athletes, and all of those athletes performed at a peak level at all times. They were in it for money. College athletes have more on their minds.

I would also like to remind fans that although NU has six losses, four of them came against teams that were (or are) in the Top Ten nationally. The other two losses were against teams that have looked very good at times.

Ganz is simply a better Husker QB because he is a freshman-to-senior guy. He knows the players, he has lived with them, and they know him. Better team chemistry.

That's my take, anyway.

:yeah

neenoo neenoo neenoo neenoo neenoo neenoo neenoo neenoo neenoo neenoo neenoo neenoo!!!!!