Why this win shows Callahan must go

''The whole offense was changed, and that made Rich uncomfortable,'' the player said of Callahan's retooling. ''We were coming out just throwing the ball, not running the ball, even on third-and-inches. I got the sense that he was saying, 'Look, I'm running my stuff and nobody else's stuff.' ''I think he could have changed a couple of plays at a time, which would have kept Rich in a groove. That's why a lot of people were jumping offside. They were used to something else.''

This is looks real familiar. It happened this last game and luckily NU scored with a pass.

Lets not go overboard with the Ganz is god or anything after all even Dailey had his moments in this offense against terrible defenses.

wow, you are a pretty opinionated goof for a MOD?? the other thing here is these are all simply your thoughts, WITH NO PROOF TO BACK THEM UP!

no different than anyone else who has stated an opinion or made an accusation.

i still believe Sam was promised the job.......you still can believe he would have played better than Ganz after 4 years in the system.....get over it.

1) Just because someone is a moderator or an admin doesn't mean they can't be opinionated. That idea is ludicrous and anyone who has that idea should probably wipe it from their brain immediately.

2) I think it's comical that you try to harp on newearth for having no "proof" but at the same time you are adament about this pact that Callahan and Mr. Keller had. Yea. That's rich.

I don't think it takes a good eye to see that Keller IS more talented than Ganz. He has the ABILITY to make certain throws consistently that Ganz can't. Now, does that mean that Keller completed every throw? No, he has off days just like Ganz did against KU ( overthrows, underthrows, etc etc.) The fact of the matter is that this pipe dream that Callahan promised Keller the job is just that, a pipe dream. Essentially unprovable.While there are actual facts that show why Keller might be a better passer than Ganz.

I think that it is true that Keller MAY be, technically speaking, a better passer than Ganz. This is what I think makes the difference, though:

Keller, as well as many of the juco players, may be seen as carpetbaggers by the 4- and 5-year players on the team. As hard as Keller took the losses, I really don't think the team ever accepted him as a leader. He wasn't seen as a real Husker. The offensive line really has picked it up a couple of notches under Ganz. They actually seem willing to go to battle for him, and that is the difference. And that response echoes through the entire team. And, coaches might not have had any idea of this until Keller was injured. Remember, these coaches came from the world of professional athletes, and all of those athletes performed at a peak level at all times. They were in it for money. College athletes have more on their minds.

I would also like to remind fans that although NU has six losses, four of them came against teams that were (or are) in the Top Ten nationally. The other two losses were against teams that have looked very good at times.

Ganz is simply a better Husker QB because he is a freshman-to-senior guy. He knows the players, he has lived with them, and they know him. Better team chemistry.

That's my take, anyway.

Lets call them for what they were BLOW OUTS not just losses like if the ball falls our way we win.

No, I just honestly believe that Callahan is a smart guy. I believe that the Huskers will stand a better chance if stability returns to the program. Face it . . . he has proven that he is a fine recruiter. Now he has to learn about the value of walkons in college football, as well as team leadership . . . and, of course, how to talk to the press.

But I think he is a very smart guy, he knows his x's and o's, that he can learn from his mistakes, and that he can recruit what he needs. I think he can build a championship team over less time than Osborne took.

I woud argue that he "THNKS" he's smart, and can't adjust schemes or relate to players. He has a terrible pattern, and I would like to free the student-athletes playing for Nebraska from him and his ego.

I can agree with that. He definitely "thinks" he's smart, and the word intelligent and/or "genius" gets bandied about when in reference to him. To quote Einstein: Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses avoid them. Callahan is neither and continues to prove this year in and year out.

wow, you are a pretty opinionated goof for a MOD?? the other thing here is these are all simply your thoughts, WITH NO PROOF TO BACK THEM UP!

no different than anyone else who has stated an opinion or made an accusation.

i still believe Sam was promised the job.......you still can believe he would have played better than Ganz after 4 years in the system.....get over it.

1) Just because someone is a moderator or an admin doesn't mean they can't be opinionated. That idea is ludicrous and anyone who has that idea should probably wipe it from their brain immediately.

2) I think it's comical that you try to harp on newearth for having no "proof" but at the same time you are adament about this pact that Callahan and Mr. Keller had. Yea. That's rich.

I don't think it takes a good eye to see that Keller IS more talented than Ganz. He has the ABILITY to make certain throws consistently that Ganz can't. Now, does that mean that Keller completed every throw? No, he has off days just like Ganz did against KU ( overthrows, underthrows, etc etc.) The fact of the matter is that this pipe dream that Callahan promised Keller the job is just that, a pipe dream. Essentially unprovable.While there are actual facts that show why Keller might be a better passer than Ganz.

I think that it is true that Keller MAY be, technically speaking, a better passer than Ganz. This is what I think makes the difference, though:

Keller, as well as many of the juco players, may be seen as carpetbaggers by the 4- and 5-year players on the team. As hard as Keller took the losses, I really don't think the team ever accepted him as a leader. He wasn't seen as a real Husker. The offensive line really has picked it up a couple of notches under Ganz. They actually seem willing to go to battle for him, and that is the difference. And that response echoes through the entire team. And, coaches might not have had any idea of this until Keller was injured. Remember, these coaches came from the world of professional athletes, and all of those athletes performed at a peak level at all times. They were in it for money. College athletes have more on their minds.

yeah, you are right, a former NFL coach could never recognize or sense good team chemistry, especially when he is doing an excellent job in all areas!

I would also like to remind fans that although NU has six losses, four of them came against teams that were (or are) in the Top Ten nationally. The other two losses were against teams that have looked very good at times.

Ganz is simply a better Husker QB because he is a freshman-to-senior guy. He knows the players, he has lived with them, and they know him. Better team chemistry.

That's my take, anyway.

Lets call them for what they were BLOW OUTS not just losses like if the ball falls our way we win.

That's true - aside from a few plays here and there, his season has not been anything special.

What I was really getting at was Freemason's continued ridiculous comments, and you agreed so I lumped your quote in with his.

Yeah. I had to think long and hard about agreeing with freemason.

No, I just honestly believe that Callahan is a smart guy. I believe that the Huskers will stand a better chance if stability returns to the program. Face it . . . he has proven that he is a fine recruiter. Now he has to learn about the value of walkons in college football, as well as team leadership . . . and, of course, how to talk to the press.

But I think he is a very smart guy, he knows his x's and o's, that he can learn from his mistakes, and that he can recruit what he needs. I think he can build a championship team over less time than Osborne took.

And as for Pellini . . . at A&M, they are chuckling about NU fans' fixation for him. They have been saying that they are more than willing to let NU "make that mistake." For what it's worth.

If he has proven to be a fine recruiter then none of Solich's "untalented" (as you have said) players would even see the field. Most of Callahan's talented players either never panned out or they underachieved.

I too honestly believe that Callahan is a smart guy, kind of like Rainman.

That's true - aside from a few plays here and there, his season has not been anything special.

What I was really getting at was Freemason's continued ridiculous comments, and you agreed so I lumped your quote in with his.

Hey, why ya'll picking on me?

LOL

And as for Pellini . . . at A&M, they are chuckling about NU fans' fixation for him. They have been saying that they are more than willing to let NU "make that mistake." For what it's worth.

See, now here is a well-reasoned opinion. I don't agree with it, but I can respect it.

Guys are picking on you because you have, in the past, talked down to people and referred to them as "ilk', "idiots", "morons", etc.

By the way, I DO agree with you about Pelini. He MAY become a good head coach, but I'm not sure I want to be the experiment.

LOL

See, now here is a well-reasoned opinion. I don't agree with it, but I can respect it.

Guys are picking on you because you have, in the past, talked down to people and referred to them as "ilk', "idiots", "morons", etc.

By the way, I DO agree with you about Pelini. He MAY become a good head coach, but I'm not sure I want to be the experiment.

He certainly couldn't be worse than the current one.

LOL

He certainly couldn't be worse than the current one.

No, he'd probably be better than the current one. I'm more interested in getting the best head coach possible.

Everyone calm down. Bunch of armchair qb's. Good grief. Second and third guessing everything. Blah, blah this and blah blah that. We will get back on track. Whether callahan stays or not TO will make sure we get back to basics.

You people are eating your own. Chill the frick out!!!