Props from a KSU Fan about Husker fans

CornHunka

copied off the KSU Scout page

First off...this is from someone who doesn't post often but visits almost every day. I am a former player from the mid 90's. I also have knowledge and repect for the history as my in-laws have had season tickets for 25+ years. That's right, even back in the day.

Those who have tickets and aren't going Saturday, or those who are just jumping off the wagon are sad excuses and shouldn't consider yourself a fan. A Fan supports your team through thick and thin, not just when they are winning. Just to pop your head out when things are great is just flat out not right.

This game today in Lincoln serves as a perfect example as to what REAL fans mean to a team. NU has had a HORRIBLE YEAR...one that every husker would like to forget. Yet, those fans in Lincoln were packed as usual and were just as loud as if they were undefeated and competing for the North. That is what we need to be. There is absolutly NO question that the NU players ralleyed around thier crowd and the ball of momentun just got bigger and bigger. Thier fans could have folded like many of ours already have. Instead, they decided to SUPPORT THIER TEAM and their players rallied around that!

Our guys have had a tough two game stretch that they would rather forget. No, they didn't play well at all, but they didn't go out there trying to lose! They don't put in those grueling off-seasons and long hours to play like that, but unfortunately it happens. But you know what...they are going to work hard this week and they are going to show up on Saturday to try and beat the Tigers. What message does that show if we don't? We need to as well!!

Bottom line is this...Have you ever been in a funk or have things in your life that are just flat out not going well? I am sure you wouldn't want your support people to quit on you.

This guy can't spell worth a crap, but his message rings clear.

Did you hear the crowd roar as Nebraska left at halftime, and the end of the game?

It gave me goosebump, man. No kidding...I can say that I almost felt more positive energy and personal satisfaction yesterday than I did when we were won in 94,95, and 01. I'm not kidding.

I am so proud of our team, regardless of what transpires in the next few weeks.

:w00t

:nanalama

chuckleshuffle

:woo

Good to hear. I sat in front of some real a'holes from KSU. It was a delight, trust me. At one point she started talking smack about Purify knocking around his girlfriend. I had to turn around and tell her to chill out (well, me and the guy next to me actually). I forgot at the time, but I was reminded that night by my friends that Purify's girlfriend was killed in an accident this year. I wish I would have remembered that.

Oh and then that person's husband just went ape when Purify got called for DPI and just went on and on about it. Finally a guy in front of him had to tell him to cool it.

Then, when Marlon ran the ball to the boundary for a touchdown he started yelling about a guy getting held. Going on and on of course. I told him that it was clear to me that the defender had been clearly overpowered and was going to the ground. He just reached out to try to get a piece but he was obviously defeated. They didn't seem to understand what I was telling him.

Oh well. Hope they had a nice ride home :)