Look on the bright side

junior4949

Arkansas who has that promising young coach according to "Pud" won't be going bowling this year either. Their record matched ours this year at an outstanding 5-6. Makes you wonder what the fabulous Nutt would have been able to accomplish here if he wouldn't have used the job offer as a bartering chip with Arkansas. Of course, I'm sure he didn't have much talent either. I mean how talented can a 6-4 QB with 4.3 speed be?

Wasn't this outstanding coach Nebraska's 1st choice? Or second, if you buy into the Steve Spurrier visiting Lincoln rumor. Wow, "Pud" sure can pick them!

Arkansas who has that promising young coach according to "Pud" won't be going bowling this year either. Their record matched ours this year at an outstanding 5-6. Makes you wonder what the fabulous Nutt would have been able to accomplish here if he wouldn't have used the job offer as a bartering chip with Arkansas. Of course, I'm sure he didn't have much talent either. I mean how talented can a 6-4 QB with 4.3 speed be?

Wasn't this outstanding coach Nebraska's 1st choice? Or second, if you buy into the Steve Spurrier visiting Lincoln rumor. Wow, "Pud" sure can pick them!

wannstedt was his first choice. then nutt and a couple other flunkies came along.

Arkansas who has that promising young coach according to "Pud" won't be going bowling this year either.  Their record matched ours this year at an outstanding 5-6.  Makes you wonder what the fabulous Nutt would have been able to accomplish here if he wouldn't have used the job offer as a bartering chip with Arkansas.  Of course, I'm sure he didn't have much talent either.  I mean how talented can a 6-4 QB with 4.3 speed be? 

Wasn't this outstanding coach Nebraska's 1st choice?  Or second, if you buy into the Steve Spurrier visiting Lincoln rumor.  Wow, "Pud" sure can pick them!

wannstedt was his first choice. then nutt and a couple other flunkies came along.

Who were the flunkies? Zimmer from Dallas and Peterson from Kansas City? Or do you mean Pelini and Gill? I don't know about you but I would take the first two over the last two.

Arkansas who has that promising young coach according to "Pud" won't be going bowling this year either.  Their record matched ours this year at an outstanding 5-6.  Makes you wonder what the fabulous Nutt would have been able to accomplish here if he wouldn't have used the job offer as a bartering chip with Arkansas.  Of course, I'm sure he didn't have much talent either.  I mean how talented can a 6-4 QB with 4.3 speed be? 

Wasn't this outstanding coach Nebraska's 1st choice?  Or second, if you buy into the Steve Spurrier visiting Lincoln rumor.  Wow, "Pud" sure can pick them!

Who were the flunkies? Zimmer from Dallas and Peterson from Kansas City? Or do you mean Pelini and Gill? I don't know about you but I would take the first two over the last two.

I wouldn't. I wouldn't of took one person over Pelini. He knows his stuff, he is young, he loved nebraska and acted like a nebraskan, and most of all the players loved him, believed in him, and would run through a brick wall for him.

Mike Stoops? Mike Stoops was already hired by Arizona before Solich was ever even fired. If "Pud" wanted Stoops, then he should have fired Solich long before he did. I doubt Stoops would have taken the job anyway because I doubt he would have wanted to coach in the same conference as his brother. From the sounds of it, he will have the #1 recruiting class down there at Arizona. Only time will tell I guess.

I would have taken Mike Stoops anyday over current staff. At least the defense would have looked like a football defense instead of the current basketball defense we have now (look, no contact)!

By the way...I believe Arkansas only returned one starter on offense and none on defense...I think this would be a reason to have a down year

Pretty close. One starter on offense, four on defense. Had to replace the entire secondary, and used mostly freshman this year. Had to replace the entire offensive line, all running backs, and the tight end. Played Texas, Auburn, Geogia, Florida, and LSU - all ranked teams. The loss to Texas as by two points - the year before defeated Texas by 10 points when Texas was ranked 7th nationally, and Arkansas unranked.

it was Sonders from KC

peterson is the GM

and the only reason that big Al didn't take the job is that he is the heir to the 3-13 cheifs

it was Sonders from KC

peterson is the GM

and the only reason that big Al didn't take the job is that he is the heir to the 3-13 cheifs

Thanks dude my bad.

Mike Stoops? Mike Stoops was already hired by Arizona before Solich was ever even fired. If "Pud" wanted Stoops, then he should have fired Solich long before he did. I doubt Stoops would have taken the job anyway because I doubt he would have wanted to coach in the same conference as his brother. From the sounds of it, he will have the #1 recruiting class down there at Arizona. Only time will tell I guess.

I would have taken Mike Stoops anyday over current staff. At least the defense would have looked like a football defense instead of the current basketball defense we have now (look, no contact)!

I meant when Pederson decided that was going to fire Frankie at the end of the year Stoops was his first choice. I don't think he planned on Arizona beating him to the punch. I believe this was in an article last year. I might be wrong though.

Mike Stoops?  Mike Stoops was already hired by Arizona before Solich was ever even fired.  If "Pud" wanted Stoops, then he should have fired Solich long before he did.  I doubt Stoops would have taken the job anyway because I doubt he would have wanted to coach in the same conference as his brother.  From the sounds of it, he will have the #1 recruiting class down there at Arizona.  Only time will tell I guess.

I would have taken Mike Stoops anyday over current staff.  At least the defense would have looked like a football defense instead of the current basketball defense we have now (look, no contact)!

I meant when Pederson decided that was going to fire Frankie at the end of the year Stoops was his first choice. I don't think he planned on Arizona beating him to the punch. I believe this was in an article last year. I might be wrong though.

I never heard of that, and I doubt he would stoops would of came here.

By the way...I believe Arkansas only returned one starter on offense and none on defense...I think this would be a reason to have a down year

Pretty close. One starter on offense, four on defense. Had to replace the entire secondary, and used mostly freshman this year. Had to replace the entire offensive line, all running backs, and the tight end. Played Texas, Auburn, Geogia, Florida, and LSU - all ranked teams. The loss to Texas as by two points - the year before defeated Texas by 10 points when Texas was ranked 7th nationally, and Arkansas unranked.

Are you related to Steve Pedersen? I've never seen anyone so quick to defend every one of his decisions.

I thought I heard "Pud" wanted Mike Stoops. Huston Nutt used the Husker job to get more money. He is a fat toad. That Jones kid runs a 4.3? I don't know about that one. I think they were playing alot of new guys on both sides of the ball.

I don't know if its 4.3, but its fast. He runs like a gazelle with those long legs. I think he'll be pretty good in the NFL.

Are you related to Steve Pedersen? I've never seen anyone so quick to defend every one of his decisions.

I don't see him defending anyone inparticular in that post. Just stating facts. The guy lives in Arkansas so I am sure he can't help but read about the Razorbacks.