What will the talk be?

knapplc, enough. If you can't post without the personal attacks, either find a new board or don't post at all.

If you think calling someone "clueless" is a personal attack worthy of a warning, you should see what's been posted about me - by Freemason, among others - in my brief time here. I didn't see anyone coming to my defense then.

I shall not call anyone clueless again, however. Point taken.

I agree with you FreeMason was out of line as well. Course he did have more tackles than you. :) Hey life should be fun. Be Happy all. Some Husker fans didn't wake up today. Hope all of you will for sometime.

Yes, we both need to tone it down. I agree with that. I'm not looking for AR to give me a free pass, I'm just thinking the playing field should be level.

But I did make my little "pledge," and I plan on sticking to it. No more Mr. Mean Guy from me. Like you said, NM - this should be fun. We are all Husker Fans, so no more bickering for me.

Hey thanks to all of you for participating in answering my question I posed. Some actually answered. I liked the "put Tom in a home if he decides to keep Coach Callahan" remark. Not that I agreed to it at all but it did make things interesting.

I think its sort of ironic that the rally cry is for a defensive Coach now in Pellini when the crying before was for a pro -style offense.

IMO,only, I feel some of our teams faults lie in Callahan recruiting more heavily on offense than defense. Just seems we are well stocked in QB's, RB's, WR's with good players riding the pine whie it seems on defense we are always short on either DL, LB, or DB's depending on the year.

My basis for thinking Callahan may still be around next year is because of Tom Osborne. I've read his book "More than Winning" and encourage all of you to do so. Some of the strong points of emphasis Tom is for are 1. running a clean program 2. Discipline as needed while encouraging 3. treating all players the same. 4. Loyalty above all...to the State, players, and Coaches.

I have not read anywhere that the players are dismayed by the Coaching staff or wish them to leave. I have not read about any players leaving the team yet because of playing time or because of the Coaching staff.

I have read where the players have been affected and dismayed by the fans. Or at least some of them. I have read about recruits leaving because the Coaches may not be here. Some may say good riddance but honestly these are High School kids. I think the JC kids being older are able to understand more about the school and all its good points and badpoints. Fewer decommit anyway. The instate kids are going to stay because they can relate to the school more than the out of state kids.

In short I believe Tom will be the Director that Devaney was and will not make rash decisions. He never has and never will. He will not do what others feel is the quick way out. He won't care what is said about himself. He will not knuckle under pressure form loudmouths, money changers, and politicians.

He will do what he feels is personally the best thing for the School and the team. He already is. He will talk and discuss his reasonings.

If he fires Coach Callahan he will have his reasons and none will be because he wants Turner Gill or Bo Pellini personally.

I also feel if he keeps Callahan he will back him and support him and that will take some of the pressure off Callahan to win it all every year. As much as I want it and you want it to happen it is just not going to happen.

Tom is a guy who beleives in "more than winning" and if he feels Callahan can fit this creed he might still be around.

Hah course I've been wrong before.

Nice post..

Makes me wonder if Callahan would even WANT to come back if he was asked at this point.

Probably already planing out his next move and has his family moved out somewhere.

Hey thanks to all of you for participating in answering my question I posed. Some actually answered. I liked the "put Tom in a home if he decides to keep Coach Callahan" remark. Not that I agreed to it at all but it did make things interesting.

I think its sort of ironic that the rally cry is for a defensive Coach now in Pellini when the crying before was for a pro -style offense.

IMO,only, I feel some of our teams faults lie in Callahan recruiting more heavily on offense than defense. Just seems we are well stocked in QB's, RB's, WR's with good players riding the pine whie it seems on defense we are always short on either DL, LB, or DB's depending on the year.

My basis for thinking Callahan may still be around next year is because of Tom Osborne. I've read his book "More than Winning" and encourage all of you to do so. Some of the strong points of emphasis Tom is for are 1. running a clean program 2. Discipline as needed while encouraging 3. treating all players the same. 4. Loyalty above all...to the State, players, and Coaches.

I have not read anywhere that the players are dismayed by the Coaching staff or wish them to leave. I have not read about any players leaving the team yet because of playing time or because of the Coaching staff.

I have read where the players have been affected and dismayed by the fans. Or at least some of them. I have read about recruits leaving because the Coaches may not be here. Some may say good riddance but honestly these are High School kids. I think the JC kids being older are able to understand more about the school and all its good points and badpoints. Fewer decommit anyway. The instate kids are going to stay because they can relate to the school more than the out of state kids.

In short I believe Tom will be the Director that Devaney was and will not make rash decisions. He never has and never will. He will not do what others feel is the quick way out. He won't care what is said about himself. He will not knuckle under pressure form loudmouths, money changers, and politicians.

He will do what he feels is personally the best thing for the School and the team. He already is. He will talk and discuss his reasonings.

If he fires Coach Callahan he will have his reasons and none will be because he wants Turner Gill or Bo Pellini personally.

I also feel if he keeps Callahan he will back him and support him and that will take some of the pressure off Callahan to win it all every year. As much as I want it and you want it to happen it is just not going to happen.

Tom is a guy who beleives in "more than winning" and if he feels Callahan can fit this creed he might still be around.

Nice post..

Makes me wonder if Callahan would even WANT to come back if he was asked at this point.

Probably already planing out his next move and has his family moved out somewhere.

I know I wouldnt want to come back!! Husker fans are CRAZY!!!!1!

:lol::lol:

knapplc, enough. If you can't post without the personal attacks, either find a new board or don't post at all.

If you think calling someone "clueless" is a personal attack worthy of a warning, you should see what's been posted about me - by Freemason, among others - in my brief time here. I didn't see anyone coming to my defense then.

I agree with you FreeMason was out of line as well. Course he did have more tackles than you. :) Hey life should be fun. Be Happy all. Some Husker fans didn't wake up today. Hope all of you will for sometime.

Yes, we both need to tone it down. I agree with that. I'm not looking for AR to give me a free pass, I'm just thinking the playing field should be level.

But I did make my little "pledge," and I plan on sticking to it. No more Mr. Mean Guy from me. Like you said, NM - this should be fun. We are all Husker Fans, so no more bickering for me.

Friend we are all in this together. Didn't seem to me that you had to take Juniors crap anymore than mine. We all get a little carried away sometimes but I think calmer heads are needed to make rational decisions don't you Junior? :)

After all your Dad probably would of beaten my Dad up...but being the good Minister my Dad was you'd be the one paying in hell. :lol: J/K

Nice post..

Thanks! I don't think he is a quitter though. He may be other things but not that.

Friend we are all in this together. Didn't seem to me that you had to take Juniors crap anymore than mine. We all get a little carried away sometimes but I think calmer heads are needed to make rational decisions don't you Junior? :)

After all your Dad probably would of beaten my Dad up...but being the good Minister my Dad was you'd be the one paying in hell. :lol: J/K

My dad's not a minister - but he has been an Elder in our church for 20+ years. Our dads would probably meet and suddenly break into a Bible study. :)

My dad's not a minister - but he has been an Elder in our church for 20+ years. Our dads would probably meet and suddenly break into a Bible study. :)

Yeah I'm sure they would and then after carefully relating all the "Facts" in the Bible the real fight would begin. :rollin

freemason9 didn't say what game he was talking about making those tackles for losses.

I don't know about knappic but I used to hang out in bars for many, many years when I was younger and I made a ton of tackles for losses. Just take a look at my pic if you don't believe me. :D

Yeah I'm sure they would and then after carefully relating all the "Facts" in the Bible the real fight would begin. :rollin

I'm certain that if you know all the facts you will enlighten us, right?