What will the talk be?

I'm just wondering what everyone will think if Dr. Tom decides to keep Coach Callahan? I'm not asking for an argument or saying it will happen but I'm just wondering what the talk will be if he does. Given the fact that he is legend at Nebraska if not all college football would you

1. stand behind him and his decision?

2. call for his resignation since he didn't take the popular view or at least your view?

3. turn in your season tickets?

4. become a fan of another team?

I think these are honest questions since I would say right now its 50-50. I don't believe Tom has made any decision since I truly feel he is a man of his word.

I also believe Tom knows exactly what Callahan is going through right now since he knows more than most how it takes just a few people yelling and screaming and whining to get the masses against you

Following Tom, which Callahn and Solich did, cannot be easy. Sort of like Tom following The Bobfather.

I also think if Tom backs Callahan the masses will as well or they won't be heard as loud. I wonder if Tom would of been around to win 3 Championships if Bob had not supported him as well as he had.

In my saying all of this I'm not saying I'm pleased with all Callahan has done or said. I'm not pleased with the defense either. Greatly discouraged in fact. I also feel that the fans demeanor has also went a long ways in hurting this team.

I will also go on record right here and now in saying I trust the Dr. to make the right choice whatever it may be.

This belongs in rumorville.

I can think of a couple of more places we could stick it...

Why?

i actually think that it is a good question to put out there.

remember alot of people wanted to run Osborne out of town because he couldnt win the "Big" game.

he almost left NU to coach at Colorado, and he was offered the HC position at the Houston Oilers.......thank god he stayed

i will support TO's decision no matter what it is, as long as there are changes made on the defensive side of the football and give BC another year.

i honestly think that is the only way that BC would be back next year, but i dont think that he is going to let Cosgrove go, so it is a mute point

Why?

remember alot of people wanted to run Osborne out of town because he couldnt win the "Big" game.

he almost left NU to coach at Colorado, and he was offered the HC position at the Houston Oilers.......thank god he stayed

i will support TO's decision no matter what it is, as long as there are changes made on the defensive side of the football and give BC another year.

i honestly think that is the only way that BC would be back next year, but i dont think that he is going to let Cosgrove go, so it is a mute point

Winning the "Big" game and going 28-21 over the span of four years while gravitating to the lowest point in a teams history over the past half century are two completely different things.

Winning the "Big" game and going 28-21 over the span of four years while gravitating to the lowest point in a teams history over the past half century are two completely different things.

To take a line from a popular movie:

"It's not... it's the same ballpark."

".... ain't in the same bleepin' ballpark, it ain't the same league, it ain't even the same bleepin' sport."

As is ending up ranked in the top 25 once in four years. And even that was a lowly #24. Any time this talk about continuing the BC disaster after this year I just go to Fire Bill Callahan and look at his record posted on the right side of the page and shake my head in total disgust. And that is just his game record. It doesn't include the dozens of streaks, individual and team records that he destroyed in the last 4 years. The sooner this assclown and his court jesters are out of Lincoln, the sooner I can sleep easy at night.

I'll always be a Husker fan and will support the kids but if BC and company are back next year I'm not going to be following the team very closely I'm afraid. I just can't take it anymore. And I won't be sending in my meager yearly contribution to the program either.

Theres no way TO will retain Callahan for another year. I will respect whatever decision TO makes but as I said in the other thread saying Callahan will stay for another year is absolutely absurd. I love how everyone now is thinkin Callahan might stay just because he beat the sh#t out of KSU. Give me a break. One big win over a mediocre team does NOT take anything away from the sh#t-tastic coaching and season we have had.

I'm just wondering what everyone will think if Dr. Tom decides to keep Coach Callahan? I'm not asking for an argument or saying it will happen but I'm just wondering what the talk will be if he does. Given the fact that he is legend at Nebraska if not all college football would you

2. call for his resignation since he didn't take the popular view or at least your view?

I think these are honest questions since I would say right now its 50-50. I don't believe Tom has made any decision since I truly feel he is a man of his word.

I also believe Tom knows exactly what Callahan is going through right now since he knows more than most how it takes just a few people yelling and screaming and whining to get the masses against you

Following Tom, which Callahn and Solich did, cannot be easy. Sort of like Tom following The Bobfather.

I also think if Tom backs Callahan the masses will as well or they won't be heard as loud. I wonder if Tom would of been around to win 3 Championships if Bob had not supported him as well as he had.

In my saying all of this I'm not saying I'm pleased with all Callahan has done or said. I'm not pleased with the defense either. Greatly discouraged in fact. I also feel that the fans demeanor has also went a long ways in hurting this team.

I will also go on record right here and now in saying I trust the Dr. to make the right choice whatever it may be.

Huh. It seems that the original premise--which I thought was excellent, because Coach Callahan is very likely to remain as head coach--has been largely disregarded by the Fire The Coach crowd. That is a shame, because I have wondered the same thing myself.

Remember, the most popular guy on the team is always the second team quarterback. The least popular? The head coach, of course.

Huh. It seems that the original premise--which I thought was excellent, because Coach Callahan is very likely to remain as head coach--has been largely disregarded by the Fire The Coach crowd. That is a shame, because I have wondered the same thing myself.

Remember, the most popular guy on the team is always the second team quarterback. The least popular? The head coach, of course.

Curious,

what evidence would one have to help them form this opinion? Enlighten us.

Curious,

what evdince would one have to help them form this opinion? Enlighten us.

No sh#t. Enlighten us. Callahan is gone at the end of the season. Theres no doubt.

To answer the question that NMHUSKER first posted.

I will stand behind whatever Tom does as long as he makes some change. If he keeps Callahan, which is a tiny possibilty, TO might be able to rationalize this, I will have a lot of doubts but will still support my huskers. However if he were to not make any changes and the entire staff is back next year, first i might lose my sanity, and if i dont i might have to start following the UNO Mavericks a little closer.

Having siad that i highly highly doubt Callahan comes back next year. BC has jsut done to much to seperate himself from the tradition and people of Nebraska. Yes our offense has looked pretty good at some points and you can blame the D on Coz, but even if TO somehow looks past all the trouble on the field i think he still fires Callahan because of all the off-field crap. From the Doak Ostergard alligations, to the seperation from Nebraska's past, even to what his agent said. We have not heard Callahan say anything about what his agent said and if he truly doesnt think the same way his agent does he should publicly state this.

So the on-field troubles combined with the off-field crap gets Callahan out of UNL as fast as he can ran with a few million dollars in his pocket.

Curious,

what evdince would one have to help them form this opinion? Enlighten us.

No sh#t. Enlighten us. Callahan is gone at the end of the season. Theres no doubt.

Don't waste your time...you're dealing with the #1 Callahan apologist on the board. I'm sure that his explanation would probably be too technical for you to understand.

To answer the original question, I will always support the team. I would support Osborne because I feel that he would do what he feels is best. However, I will never support Callahan as he has proven to be arrogant, egotistical, and incapable of accepting responsibility for the problems of the program. He refuses to accept the history and traditions fo the program, and seems to be more interested in proving that his way of playing is the ONLY way, and that everyone else is wrong, or at least f-----g hillbillies.

"What is different this week?"

"I don't know..."

That's priceless. I guess that it was probably too technical for HIM to understand.

This belongs in rumorville.

I can think of a couple of more places we could stick it...

Why?

Huge difference! Osborne was still winning 9 games a year never losing more than 3. Billy C has only won 9 games once. That right there is reason enough to not give him another chance. Why make it worse when we can make it better? :)

It's a very possible situation.

Osborn sympathises with almost any coach's plight.

But if he can justify keeping this Coaching staff...We probably need to put him in a home.

I'll still root for the Huskers, but I'll be crying a little about the ravages of Senility...