Per a big time Las Vegas donor

According to a contact who knows a big time (?) Las Vegas donor, Callahan took a buyout offer on last friday. Saturday was his last time coaching at NU, and that is why after the game he walked off the field.

The second part of the rumor is that Shawn Watson will coach for the CU game, and that at the end of the season Bo Pelini will be named the HC. Pelini is rumored to have already accepted the job, rather than wait and see if he would be offered the HC position at LSU if the current HC went to Michigan.

I have no proof that this is true, but it will be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of days.

Here's hoping!

:corndance:hellloooo

I'm going to go ahead and say that this rumor is bullsh#t.

According to a contact who knows a big time (?) Las Vegas donor, Callahan took a buyout offer on last friday. Saturday was his last time coaching at NU, and that is why after the game he walked off the field.

The second part of the rumor is that Shawn Watson will coach for the CU game, and that at the end of the season Bo Pelini will be named the HC. Pelini is rumored to have already accepted the job, rather than wait and see if he would be offered the HC position at LSU if the current HC went to Michigan.

I have no proof that this is true, but it will be interesting to see what happens in the next couple of days.

Here's hoping!

It appears that way, since I was told that there would be an announcement today. But the source was one that I trusted.

:corndance

Here's hoping!

It appears that way, since I was told that there would be an announcement today. But the source was one that I trusted.

:corndance

Unfortunately Billy C will never agree to a buyout unless it's for significantly more than what he would get if he was fired. :( Since that won't happen, we have to put up w/him for 9 more days. Then we will have a new HC. :)

Trucker is right. I can't see TO doing anything until after CU and I really can't see him messin' with a coach who is very involved with a possible BCS Championship team. ...T_O_B

Actually, I think there is rules against messing with a coach under contract without the permission of the University that he works for...and I highly doubt that LSU would do anything to mess up that team's psyche at this stage, being that they have been ranked at the top of the BCS since the first poll was out.

No. In fact, there is no rule that bars a team from contacting or negotiating with a coach for another team. There is such a rule in the NFL - it prohibits that kind of contact while the season for the team employing the coach is not over.

Trucker is right. I can't see TO doing anything until after CU and I really can't see him messin' with a coach who is very involved with a possible BCS Championship team. ...T_O_B

Actually, I think there is rules against messing with a coach under contract without the permission of the University that he works for...and I highly doubt that LSU would do anything to mess up that team's psyche at this stage, being that they have been ranked at the top of the BCS since the first poll was out.

No. In fact, there is no rule that bars a team from contacting or negotiating with a coach for another team. There is such a rule in the NFL - it prohibits that kind of contact while the season for the team employing the coach is not over.

more like an unwritten rule in college.......right?

Right. Schools do one of two things:

1. Either the AD at School X contacts the AD at School Y and asks for permission to speak to the "candidate"; or,

2. School X uses a search firm and contact is made "behind the scences".

Right. Schools do one of two things:

1. Either the AD at School X contacts the AD at School Y and asks for permission to speak to the "candidate"; or,

2. School X uses a search firm and contact is made "behind the scences".

That contact is often made with the agent of the coach.