Keep Callahan; revamp the staff.

I am consistently amazed that the blind Callahan supporters do not recognize a man who has no idea what being a Husker is all about.

Think of the level of alienation our past great players and coaches are feeling towards this program under Callahan's rule. This is all Callahan's doing, and you want to give him more time? Why?

secretasianman, every single thing you said could be said about any other coach in the nation. All you did was prove there is nothing special about Bill Callahan. Do you even realize that?

So you want to give him another year or two? Why? So he can drive even more longtime supporters away? So he can destroy even more records? So he can set Nebraska football even further behind?

I really, really don't get all the love for Bill Callahan. What has he added to this program? What?

Can anyone tell me that?

That was under Pedersons rule that these restrictions with past players and staff come about.

So you're saying Callahan will embrace past Huskers now that Pederson is gone? What has Callahan done to make you believe that?

I think Callahan will embrace past Huskers, evident by the numbers that have been on the sidelines since Osborne's return. He's had McBride speak to the team on several occassions, and has allowed past Huskers into the locker room. I think Osborne would help teach Callahan the tradition--- and I think that he'd be open to it.

I think when you're an outsider, you have to grow into this job, and I think Osborne could help Callahan, if Callahan is open to it.

After reading your 1st post, I thought you WERE Callahan.

So many of you act like it's some well hidden secret about "Husker Tradition" and takes time or someone special to teach it..even though somehow all of us are in on the "secret".

Respecting traditions is nothing new..Either you do or you don't..

He Don't!

I feel the same way about giving the buy another season with a revamped staff but..................I think he should be fired for the WAY that we lost the games. If we would have lost them by a touchdown and played great football game I would feel we should give it one more year, but the way we have lost this year means its time for him to go.

I think Callahan will embrace past Huskers, evident by the numbers that have been on the sidelines since Osborne's return. He's had McBride speak to the team on several occassions, and has allowed past Huskers into the locker room. I think Osborne would help teach Callahan the tradition--- and I think that he'd be open to it.

I think when you're an outsider, you have to grow into this job, and I think Osborne could help Callahan, if Callahan is open to it.

You really do have no idea do you. The only reason players are even allowed on the sidelines is because when TO took over the first thing he did was send a letter to all the former players saying they were welcomed at any home game. A bunch of former players have stated that under BC and SP they didnt even feel welcomed. Jason Peter who is on the Nebraksa All-Time team was told by the athletic department to "look somewhere else" when he told them he would pay double for USC tickets. And i have not heard a single thing about McBride talking to the players, or former players in the locker room. BC is not responsible for the sudden increase in restoring tradition at NU that is TO's doing.

Seriously asianman i am trying not to take shots at you but you need to do some research before you get on here and start claiming this and that.

NPHusker--- I am 32 years old, and I live in Omaha, NE. I am a lifelong Husker fan, and my family has had season-tickets going back to the Devaney years. I graduated from UNL in 1998. I understand what it means to be a Husker fan.

I need to research before I post this and that? Gee, I didn't know you were the fact book. If YOU did the research, you would see that since 2004, McBride has spoken to Callahan's team on several occassions. Listen to 590AM in Omaha-- I heard Matt Perrault interview McBride twice before Osborne's return and McBride talked about his visits to Callahan, staff and the team. Callahan himself has talked about the signifigance of McBride speaking to the team.

I know the former players returning is TO's doing, not Bill Callahan's. You have to realize that with Steve Pedersen in charge, Callahan was only free to reign within that command. It is believed that Pedersen had much to do with the erasing of tradition-- what was Callahan to do? Go over his boss's head?

I've heard the stories about the former players not feeling welcomed, but most of them attribute that to Pedersen. I think with Osborne's guidance, Callahan would embrace tradition. Anything to the contrary is also an opinion.

There are alot of people here that have problems with opinions that don't reflect their own.

I love NU as well, and I don't want to see another staff come in and not succeed. I don't want this program to become a revolving door of head coaches, or go through 10 years of misery, like OU.

My OPINION is that Callahan may succeed with at LEAST a revamped defensive staff. Bring in a new coach, and it may take 3 years to get the system in place-- and what if that staff doesn't work out?

Just because you disagree with me, doesn't mean you're right.

NPHusker--- I am 32 years old, and I live in Omaha, NE. I am a lifelong Husker fan, and my family has had season-tickets going back to the Devaney years. I graduated from UNL in 1998. I understand what it means to be a Husker fan.

I need to research before I post this and that? Gee, I didn't know you were the fact book. If YOU did the research, you would see that since 2004, McBride has spoken to Callahan's team on several occassions. Listen to 590AM in Omaha-- I heard Matt Perrault interview McBride twice before Osborne's return and McBride talked about his visits to Callahan, staff and the team. Callahan himself has talked about the signifigance of McBride speaking to the team.

I know the former players returning is TO's doing, not Bill Callahan's. You have to realize that with Steve Pedersen in charge, Callahan was only free to reign within that command. It is believed that Pedersen had much to do with the erasing of tradition-- what was Callahan to do? Go over his boss's head?

I've heard the stories about the former players not feeling welcomed, but most of them attribute that to Pedersen. I think with Osborne's guidance, Callahan would embrace tradition. Anything to the contrary is also an opinion.

There are alot of people here that have problems with opinions that don't reflect their own.

I love NU as well, and I don't want to see another staff come in and not succeed. I don't want this program to become a revolving door of head coaches, or go through 10 years of misery, like OU.

My OPINION is that Callahan may succeed with at LEAST a revamped defensive staff. Bring in a new coach, and it may take 3 years to get the system in place-- and what if that staff doesn't work out?

Just because you disagree with me, doesn't mean you're right.

there's your problem...fire up a little foreign callahan on the zone, baby...

...The reason I chose to defend him is because I feel that his mistakes are correctable. I also think about how Osborne gave players second chances, and set up a system of goals or "steps to attain" to get back to the proper standing-- and I think he might go this route with Callahan...

e2d3u3KU8fA

Secret Asian Man

...The reason I chose to defend him is because I feel that his mistakes are correctable. I also think about how Osborne gave players second chances, and set up a system of goals or "steps to attain" to get back to the proper standing-- and I think he might go this route with Callahan...

e2d3u3KU8fA

Secret Asian Man

Sorry..No disrespect..Just that ever since I read your name that song has been playin' in me 'ead.

I almost like BC as an Offensive Coordinator..Except his playcalling seemed to be predictable (At least to our opponents).

But maybe we should try him as a Defensive Coordinator.

(He seems to have singlehandedly obliterated our "Smashmouth Offense").

Took just one win to make Callahan a great coach again. I bet these same people would be asking for another year for Kevin Cosgrove if his defense somehow held Colorado scoreless.

How many Missouri, USC, Texas A & M or Oklahoma St games does it take to realize Callahans offense does not work against good defenses?

I think that you have some points there, but he had his chance. I have been wanting Cosgrove gone after the first 2 years and he won't get rid of them because they are best buds. We need to get rid of both and start over. Just like Oklahoma we are going through a BAD time, and hopefully Osborne can hire our Bob Stoops.

Took just one win to make Callahan a great coach again. I bet these same people would be asking for another year for Kevin Cosgrove if his defense somehow held Colorado scoreless.

How many Missouri, USC, Texas A & M or Oklahoma St games does it take to realize Callahans offense does not work against good defenses?

I'm all aboard dude... :nanalama

not to mention only when his back thrown against the wall, could he man up and tell the team that he didn't know his future, but forsaw changes being made and finally told them to just play for themselves. Great for the kids, but not a getta outta jail free card for staffos. :moreinteresting

1st off.. great post.. but i do have to disagree just on the basis of what cally has said about TO in the past.. he has been completely disrespectful and that cannon go unnoticed...

I am consistently amazed that the blind Callahan supporters do not recognize a man who has no idea what being a Husker is all about.

Think of the level of alienation our past great players and coaches are feeling towards this program under Callahan's rule. This is all Callahan's doing, and you want to give him more time? Why?

secretasianman, every single thing you said could be said about any other coach in the nation. All you did was prove there is nothing special about Bill Callahan. Do you even realize that?

So you want to give him another year or two? Why? So he can drive even more longtime supporters away? So he can destroy even more records? So he can set Nebraska football even further behind?

I really, really don't get all the love for Bill Callahan. What has he added to this program? What?

Can anyone tell me that?

i am in no way a callahan supporter.. but he has brought in the type of talent that we need to continue to be successful in today's college football scene.. i do not think that a power-i would continue to dominate like it did in the mid 90's. so in his defense in that aspect, he helped us turn that corner...

Ya, I could see TO bringing him back IF Billy C did not act like an ass to TO and to the media. I said it before. There are too many bridges that have been burned between BC and TO, BC and the Fans, the Fans and BC. His offense does work but he is too bull-headed to change any of his coaches and that is going to be his downfall. His buddy coz took him down, I believe if Coz wasn't here Nebraska would be 6-5 now maybe 7-4. The D just ruined his chances this year to compete and then he wouldn't admit that the problems were with his defensive staff. Just my opinion though...

If cosgrove could just put out a CONSISTANT defense we'd be in a lot better shape. Crikes..if they played the way the did in the first half of the USC game we'd probably be unbeaten right now!!

But you can't expect the offense to carry the team alone forever. Calahan could have avoided all of this by being on top of the D. He let Cosgrove run it alone though. You see the result.

Anyway, keeping Cally and canning Cos is ONE potential decision I can see TO making. I think the most likely is regime change though.

if they played the way they did in the 1st half against usc there would be holes big enough for cars to drive through.. oh sh#t.. wait there are..

i think the QB does have a lot to do with this.. while sam has the talent and arm.. joe can move around in the pocket and escape defenders.. kansas is probably the best defense aside from USC that we have seen all year.. remember everyone was looking for a SHOOTOUT against mizzou? thats because their defense was every bit as bad as ours.. A&M we did fine in the 1st half.. it was just after half it went bad.. but yet again, not an elite defense.. and what about texas? i would consider them being pretty talented on paper.. and we did just fine against them.. so its not just the fact that the offense doesnt work at all.. it has had its moments.. its not horrible.. just too complicated for a college system, especially in this age where true freshmen are almost expected to come on and have some immediate impact on the field..

on that note. we need a new coach. we will have a new coach. cally is done. sorry.