Keep Callahan; revamp the staff.

I am consistently amazed that the blind Callahan supporters do not recognize a man who has no idea what being a Husker is all about.

Think of the level of alienation our past great players and coaches are feeling towards this program under Callahan's rule. This is all Callahan's doing, and you want to give him more time? Why?

secretasianman, every single thing you said could be said about any other coach in the nation. All you did was prove there is nothing special about Bill Callahan. Do you even realize that?

So you want to give him another year or two? Why? So he can drive even more longtime supporters away? So he can destroy even more records? So he can set Nebraska football even further behind?

I really, really don't get all the love for Bill Callahan. What has he added to this program? What?

Can anyone tell me that?

That was under Pedersons rule that these restrictions with past players and staff come about.

So you're saying Callahan will embrace past Huskers now that Pederson is gone? What has Callahan done to make you believe that?

I think Callahan will embrace past Huskers, evident by the numbers that have been on the sidelines since Osborne's return. He's had McBride speak to the team on several occassions, and has allowed past Huskers into the locker room. I think Osborne would help teach Callahan the tradition--- and I think that he'd be open to it.

I think when you're an outsider, you have to grow into this job, and I think Osborne could help Callahan, if Callahan is open to it.

5-4, 8-4, 9-5, and the year when we have all the players and everything's in place 5-6. nuff said. Bottom line is he's lost this team and sounds like a defeated man the past five weeks

if if's and but's were candy and nut's everyday would be christmas

but good post I'll give you respect for that, though I disagree with you

Wouldn't you feel defeated having Husker Nation calling for your head week after week? This guy has a point... :nanalama

I think Callahan will embrace past Huskers, evident by the numbers that have been on the sidelines since Osborne's return. He's had McBride speak to the team on several occassions, and has allowed past Huskers into the locker room. I think Osborne would help teach Callahan the tradition--- and I think that he'd be open to it.

I think when you're an outsider, you have to grow into this job, and I think Osborne could help Callahan, if Callahan is open to it.

I'm not trying to flame you, but do you listen too or read any of the local media coverage?

Ok first of all i would like to say i am not bashing asianman here. I jsut have a deep love for my cornhuskers and cant stand to watch what Billy C has done to them.

All i have to say is WOW and i cant understand how someone could actually think he is doing a good job. For me to go through all the reason why asianman is wrong would take up a few pages of typing and i need to go to bed. So instead i am going to post a link to some youtube videos that pretty explain why BC should be gone. Asianman I dont know if you are from Nebraska or not, but if you want to know what NU football is really about wwatch these project huskers part 1 and 2 videos it will give you the jist of it. Everytime i watch these i want to cry because it reminds me of how far we really have fallen.

I think this video does the best in describing where we are right now. Especially listen to what Trev Alberts when he says "Its not ok for Nebraska to be headed in an OK direction" and right now under BC we arent even headed in an OK direction.

Also listen to what Bo Pelini says in the interview after the Michigan St. Game when he says "I am gonna love up these players, they deserve all the credit". BC needs to take some lessons on how to do an interview from Pelini. You didnt hear Pelini say anything about how great his system is or anything, he gave all the credit to the kids and that is what a good coach should do.

I know I defend Callahan in my post. This isn't a "blind" defense. I see all the reasons why he should be fired, and I agree with alot of them.

I think alot of the comments Callahan has made have been misconstrued and overanalyzed. I truly feel that he has the best interest of the program in mind-- but he has made mistakes.

The reason I chose to defend him is because I feel that his mistakes are correctable. I also think about how Osborne gave players second chances, and set up a system of goals or "steps to attain" to get back to the proper standing-- and I think he might go this route with Callahan.

After the OSU game, I wanted the whole staff gone. But then I thought about Osborne's words, and started to think, "wow.. what if he actually keeps Callahan, that would suck." And after thinking about it over the last few weeks, I tried to construct the best scenario if Callahan stayed.. and that's the point of my post.

I know I defend Callahan in my post. This isn't a "blind" defense. I see all the reasons why he should be fired, and I agree with alot of them.

I think alot of the comments Callahan has made have been misconstrued and overanalyzed. I truly feel that he has the best interest of the program in mind-- but he has made mistakes.

The reason I chose to defend him is because I feel that his mistakes are correctable. I also think about how Osborne gave players second chances, and set up a system of goals or "steps to attain" to get back to the proper standing-- and I think he might go this route with Callahan.

After the OSU game, I wanted the whole staff gone. But then I thought about Osborne's words, and started to think, "wow.. what if he actually keeps Callahan, that would suck." And after thinking about it over the last few weeks, I tried to construct the best scenario if Callahan stayed.. and that's the point of my post.

It's ok, knapplc likes to belittle the people who don't agree with his opinion or offer an alternate opinion.

I have to disagree with you there...I think there pretty straitforward.

"Coach, have you been approached about a possible buyout.?''

-- Eric Olson, AP

pause....

"I respect your question, but I'm not going to answer it. I'll leave that for the higher ups."

--Bill Callahan

You really do have no idea do you. The only reason players are even allowed on the sidelines is because when TO took over the first thing he did was send a letter to all the former players saying they were welcomed at any home game. A bunch of former players have stated that under BC and SP they didnt even feel welcomed. Jason Peter who is on the Nebraksa All-Time team was told by the athletic department to "look somewhere else" when he told them he would pay double for USC tickets. And i have not heard a single thing about McBride talking to the players, or former players in the locker room. BC is not responsible for the sudden increase in restoring tradition at NU that is TO's doing.

Seriously asianman i am trying not to take shots at you but you need to do some research before you get on here and start claiming this and that.

I have to disagree with you there...I think there pretty straitforward.

"Coach, have you been approached about a possible buyout.?''

-- Eric Olson, AP

pause....

"I respect your question, but I'm not going to answer it. I'll leave that for the higher ups."

--Bill Callahan

Well in all due respect, I wouldn't want to answer that question, it's a loaded question. He says yes, and that he's rejected it then fans and media get up in arms. It's his business what is going on with the buyout and I don't think it needs to be made public either. If it needed to be made public then TO would be the one who does it since TO is the one who deals with the business side. But since the guy that deals with the business side (TO) doesn't make it public, then why does BC have to? Hence he referred it to the "higher ups" (Osborne)... Just asking...

Well in all due respect, I wouldn't want to answer that question, it's a loaded question. He says yes, and that he's rejected it then fans and media get up in arms. It's his business what is going on with the buyout and I don't think it needs to be made public either. If it needed to be made public then TO would be the one who does it since TO is the one who deals with the business side. But since the guy that deals with the business side (TO) doesn't make it public, then why does BC have to? Hence he referred it to the "higher ups" (Osborne)... Just asking...

This quote more reflects the indirect answer that he has been approached about a buyout...probably not the best to use on the point I was trying to make, but he didn't say Tom Osborne during the entire teleconference, but on multiple times, referred to him as 'higher ups."

This quote more reflects the indirect answer that he has been approached about a buyout...probably not the best to use on the point I was trying to make, but he didn't say Tom Osborne during the entire teleconference, but on multiple times, referred to him as 'higher ups."

I suppose I'll let you off this time..... :) GET A BETTER QUOTE BEFORE YOU REFERENCE!! j/k