Osborne:

Tom Osborne will forever be called 'Coach'. Just like Bill Clinton will always be called President. You get that title forever.

personally, i would believe callahan would be fired soon after the colorado game,,,if osborns thinks he should go, and i believe he will be fired

recruiting would be greatly hurt if callahan if kept longer, that is why i believe his time is short at nebraska.

when was the last time NEW MEXICO was ranked ahead of nebraska....that is bad.

Bottom Line..

He will be fired after the CU game.. IMO..

If TO had any thoughts of keeping BC, he would be rallying around BC and saying --hey fans this is our coach.. Bill is the coach and everyone should support him..

All that keeps being said is, we will evaluate.. etc..

That's it. They wouldn't even bothering to put out a release for clarification if the axe wasn't falling after Colorado.

I think this also says- there is a coach in the wings and they want to shore up the recruiting class ASAP...

I don't know that another coach is already waiting in the wings, especially now with the high possibility of Carr leaving Michigan. This affects a lot of teams that are or will be looking for a new coach because Les Miles likely would go to Michigan. Then the question is: who does LSU want? If they want Pelini, then that might affect Nebraska and/or Texas A&M. My guess is that nobody has agreed to the job yet.

The football show on a local radio station (KLBJ) here in Austin seemed to think Spurrier could be the next LSU coach. This would suck on several levels - recruiting would be all LSU territory from Houston east through La. Just think of a team with LSU quality athletes not being hampered by by Les Miles calling the plays. That guy almost had that team losing 4 games this year. Unbelievable!