Where will Solich coach next

Which of the open jobs do you think Frankie will get?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Indiana, Illinois, Washington, Stanford, and Mississippi are at least in BCS conferences., some of the others listed aren't and a national title is out of the question altogether. Solich could land a good job, not a Florida or ND, but better than a Utah State or Ohio.

You've got to figure Utah will be open after the bowl season.

Take it to the bank...Urban Meyer is gone. His stock will never be higher than it is right now, and ND is his dream job. Not to mention he has no real ties to Utah and Utah has no real tradition to make him feel any loyalty (all their great accomplishments in the past 25 years have been made by him). I'm a Solich supporter, but there's no way Utah is taking him. I voted for Utah State actually.

You've got to figure Utah will be open after the bowl season.

Take it to the bank...Urban Meyer is gone. His stock will never be higher than it is right now, and ND is his dream job. Not to mention he has no real ties to Utah and Utah has no real tradition to make him feel any loyalty (all their great accomplishments in the past 25 years have been made by him). I'm a Solich supporter, but there's no way Utah is taking him. I voted for Utah State actually.

ESPN radio said this morning Meyer was going to South Bend today to talk about the job. They also said if he takes it he probably won't coach Utah in the bowl game.

That would suck if Meyer doesn't coach in the bowl game. Utah got to the BCS bowl game because of him and its wouldn't feel right to me if he wasn't there.

It's true, but this happens occasionally and usually the coach doesn't coach in the bowl game. #1, he usually wants to get going with his new team on recruiting, exc. #2, a lot of people in the program will feel like it won't be the same with him coaching knowing he's headed somewhere else right after the game. It's hard for players to get up for a guy they know wants to be somewhere else. It's almost like having an outsider coaching you. But that might not be the case with Utah because Meyer is the best coach they've ever had, even though he's only been there 2 years.

That would suck if Meyer doesn't coach in the bowl game. Utah got to the BCS bowl game because of him and its wouldn't feel right to me if he wasn't there.

I heard today that he does want to coach the bowl game.

He's said that, but I think it depends on what ND and Utah want. Notre Dame might say they want him right away if he's coming. Utah might not want him to coach the game because of what I said before, but that's less likely.

I guess everyone has heard that Meyer is going to Florida. ND is so stupid. I don't know why they thought they could low-ball him and just think that he would come into a worse situation for half the money just because they're Notre Dame. Now they're screwed.

I read in the OWH today that Solich has inquired about the Illinois and Indiana openings. I don't think he has a chance at the Illinois job, especially since Zook seems interested, but I think Indiana would be a good fit for him.

I guess everyone has heard that Meyer is going to Florida. ND is so stupid. I don't know why they thought they could low-ball him and just think that he would come into a worse situation for half the money just because they're Notre Dame. Now they're screwed.

I read in the OWH today that Solich has inquired about the Illinois and Indiana openings. I don't think he has a chance at the Illinois job, especially since Zook seems interested, but I think Indiana would be a good fit for him.

I agree with you there, Indiana was what I voted for above. It seems like it would be a fit for him. Notre Dame IS screwed! I love it. :rollin