If Kansas Wins Out...

HuskerCuse

As much as we are Husker fans, most of us would agree we'd like to see the Big 12 look good on a national stage... soo...

If Kansas wins out (and beat OK in the big 12 championship, thus eliminating OK from the BCS Championship)... do they get to play for the National Championship?

Two likely scenarios (IF LSU and Oregon also win out)

Kansas wins out and is the only undefeated team (hawaii maybe but come on, hawaii?), but the computers keep them out, thus needing the human portion to push them into the championship game over Oregon (I think most would agree that LSU is in if they win out)

Or-

Kansas wins out and the computers put them in but will the human votes keep them out because they can't see to put Kansas in the championship game because Oregon and LSU are "traditional" powers.

Less than likely scenario-

Kansas wins out, LSU and Oregon lose another game, WVA wins out.. Kansas and WVA for the championship?

Yes, they will get in if they move up 1 spot in the human polls and maitain in the computers.

As much as we are Husker fans, most of us would agree we'd like to see the Big 12 look good on a national stage... soo...

If Kansas wins out (and beat OK in the big 12 championship, thus eliminating OK from the BCS Championship)... do they get to play for the National Championship?

Two likely scenarios (IF LSU and Oregon also win out)

Kansas wins out and is the only undefeated team (hawaii maybe but come on, hawaii?), but the computers keep them out, thus needing the human portion to push them into the championship game over Oregon (I think most would agree that LSU is in if they win out)

Or-

Kansas wins out and the computers put them in but will the human votes keep them out because they can't see to put Kansas in the championship game because Oregon and LSU are "traditional" powers.

Less than likely scenario-

Kansas wins out, LSU and Oregon lose another game, WVA wins out.. Kansas and WVA for the championship?

i really would like to see KU in there. i think that oregon is better than LSU, so i would like to see a KU vs. Oregon game. how can KU get held out if they win out, they are in a major conference and they will have beaten both MU and OU two top 5 teams in two weeks. that will be some crap if KU gets held out, the SEC is not as good as people seem to think (there is not enough "parity" in that conference to have all of these teams with as many losses as many of them have, its just not as good of a conference as the big 12 or the pac 10 in my opinion). Go KU win for the big 12.

Kansas (.909) is within four hundredths of a point of Oregon (.938) right now. If they win out, hopefully the momentum of having beaten two top 5 opponents will push them over the top. Oregon's at a disadvantage because their remaining schedule is Arizona, UCLA, and Oregon State. With Kansas getting national coverage in two HUGE games, maybe that'll persuade more voters to start voting them higher and that'll nudge them over Oregon in the BCS.

Kansas (.909) is within four hundredths of a point of Oregon (.938) right now. If they win out, hopefully the momentum of having beaten two top 5 opponents will push them over the top. Oregon's at a disadvantage because their remaining schedule is Arizona, UCLA, and Oregon State. With Kansas getting national coverage in two HUGE games, maybe that'll persuade more voters to start voting them higher and that'll nudge them over Oregon in the BCS.

Yeah, Kansas will jump Oregon should they win out.

Who knows, LSU could slip up in the SEC Championship game.

KU-WVU?... crazy.

Interesting thoughts. However, I think this belongs in More Sports - NCAA, so I'm moving it there.

But there can be a "who will you root for, KU or Mizzou?" thread on the football board?

Bullsh*&!

Hey, listen bud. There's nothing wrong with getting a thread moved to the right forum. As moderators and admins we don't hawk the board all day so some can and will slip through the cracks. After all, this board is free.

There's still a link in the Husker football forum, so people can find your thread via that.

Why do people keep saying that the Computers are going to keep KU out? The computers have KU at second! The computers take into account not only strength of schedule but margin of victory. Although KU has a weak schedule, they beat the dog piss out of that schedule and therefore, ARE the #2 team in the country. Both polls (Harris and Coaches) have KU #4. Sounds to me like the HUMAN POLLS are the only thing that will keep KU out of the NC game.

Why do people keep saying that the Computers are going to keep KU out? The computers have KU at second! The computers take into account not only strength of schedule but margin of victory. Although KU has a weak schedule, they beat the dog piss out of that schedule and therefore, ARE the #2 team in the country. Both polls (Harris and Coaches) have KU #4. Sounds to me like the HUMAN POLLS are the only thing that will keep KU out of the NC game.

2-3 years ago the computer guys were specifically told they could not consider margin of victory. This is why you see two ratings from Sagarin. One ("Predictor") is his system that does use MOV. The other ("ELO-Chess") does not use MOV, and that is the one he provides to the BCS.

Interesting thoughts. However, I think this belongs in More Sports - NCAA, so I'm moving it there.

But there can be a "who will you root for, KU or Mizzou?" thread on the football board?

Bullsh*&!

Hey, listen bud. There's nothing wrong with getting a thread moved to the right forum. As moderators and admins we don't hawk the board all day so some can and will slip through the cracks. After all, this board is free.

There's still a link in the Husker football forum, so people can find your thread via that.

fwiw, shouldn't this be in the Big 12 forum, not the NCAA non-Big-12 forum?

But I'm not going to complain much about admin of a free board.

But while I am, do we really still need the sticky about setting DST taking up space at the top of Husker forum?