I guarantee you this about Nebraska's next coach ...

I've always believed this to be true, but just read the Nebraska Way and i'm totally convinced that there is no way Osborne will give the job to an outsider. the book talks about a lot of former players and assistants that would spend the rest of their lives as a position coach if they could.

isn't that what Osborne wants? culture? continuity?

it's gotta go to Gill, or Pelini, or someone else we're not thinking of. But i'm going with Gill.

I've always believed this to be true, but just read the Nebraska Way and i'm totally convinced that there is no way Osborne will give the job to an outsider. the book talks about a lot of former players and assistants that would spend the rest of their lives as a position coach if they could.

isn't that what Osborne wants? culture? continuity?

it's gotta go to Gill, or Pelini, or someone else w

e're not thinking of. But i'm going with Gill.

Bill Jennings?

Scott Downing - A Callahan guy, but he is well liked and doing well at Northern Colorado.

Brian Boerboom - Former player, coaching as an assistant at Southeast Missouri

Jimmy Burrow - Ohio Defensive Coordinator now.

Marvin Sanders - Can he leave the state NC yet?

Lane Kiffen? - His Dad is a lengend here

I dont know Bo Pelini and Turner Gill are the two names I keep coming back to. Other than that there isnt much in the way of Nebraska tie coaches with experience.

I would put the money on Bo. I have stated numerous times that he is the best for our short term ills, but might not be the best answer for our long term success. It seems that too many people who claim to be first cousins etc.. or a secretary of the program insist it is Bo's to lose and he is already signing a contract and will be on campus by Dec :rolleyes: . If we dont hire him and he goes and has success, we will be left with what ifs... and a divided nation again. It trust Tom's decision and will support it wholeheartidly.

Scott Downing - A Callahan guy, but he is well liked and doing well at Northern Colorado.

Brian Boerboom - Former player, coaching as an assistant at Southeast Missouri

Jimmy Burrow - Ohio Defensive Coordinator now.

Marvin Sanders - Can he leave the state NC yet?

Lane Kiffen? - His Dad is a lengend here

I dont know Bo Pelini and Turner Gill are the two names I keep coming back to. Other than that there isnt much in the way of Nebraska tie coaches with experience.

scott downing is 1-10 at northern colorado this year. i wont dispute him being well liked but.... doing well???

I can't imagine Bo P. We need to mend some fences in the Big XII and Bo's 'in your face Bill Snyder' for piling on 39 points against us sends a bad message.

Let's bring in a statesman that brings the program back to respectability the Osborne way. No more slashes or hillbilly comments. No more in your face moments.

I want class restored...off the field and as in "we are back to teach some lessons" again on the field!

I can't imagine Bo P. We need to mend some fences in the Big XII and Bo's 'in your face Bill Snyder' for piling on 39 points against us sends a bad message.

Let's bring in a statesman that brings the program back to respectability the Osborne way. No more slashes or hillbilly comments. No more in your face moments.

I want class restored...off the field and as in "we are back to teach some lessons" again on the field!

Bill Snyder is a dick...

don't believe me: billsadick.com