I guarantee you this about Nebraska's next coach ...

Scott Downing - A Callahan guy, but he is well liked and doing well at Northern Colorado.

Brian Boerboom - Former player, coaching as an assistant at Southeast Missouri

Jimmy Burrow - Ohio Defensive Coordinator now.

Marvin Sanders - Can he leave the state NC yet?

Lane Kiffen? - His Dad is a lengend here

I dont know Bo Pelini and Turner Gill are the two names I keep coming back to. Other than that there isnt much in the way of Nebraska tie coaches with experience.

scott downing is 1-10 at northern colorado this year. i wont dispute him being well liked but.... doing well???

He walked into a tough situation at NC and I think he has been doing well as a coach depsite the troubles in the program. Winning isnt everything. I think he has a good system put in at NC and it wont be long before he turns it around.

I can't imagine Bo P. We need to mend some fences in the Big XII and Bo's 'in your face Bill Snyder' for piling on 39 points against us sends a bad message.

Let's bring in a statesman that brings the program back to respectability the Osborne way. No more slashes or hillbilly comments. No more in your face moments.

I want class restored...off the field and as in "we are back to teach some lessons" again on the field!

Someone else pointed this out and it is true...Bo didn't go nuts on Snyder for running up the score. He went nuts on him because the game was decided, NU had swept the bench, and Snyder put his starters back in to humiliate the players on the field. A subtle difference but germane.

First of all, if the two teams are evenly matched, and KSU and NU are, accusing the winning team of running up the score is a losers arguement. Especially if both teams are into their bench. Those guys need to run the offense too. So, in my opinion outside of doing an onside kick like one team did last weekend, whatever happens happens. All is fair.

But in this case that is not what happened. The game was decided, clearly, and both teams were into their bench. KSU was driving and it looked like NU was going to stop a drive when Snyder put his starters back in to score. Ethically, that is a bit questionable and Bo reacted to that decision. It was a cheap move and Bo scored a bunch of points with his young players for standing up for them. Had Snyder not put the starters back in and pulled a trick play instead, scoring a td, I don't think Bo would have reacted the way he did.

For everyone who holds the arguement that the new coach needs to be an insider, Bo is not necessarily an insider. He was here a year, I believe, but does that make him a Husker for life? And he never workd for Osborne that I know of. It is possible to find a knowledgeable coach who is not a Nebraska guy.

Bo has been the anti Nebraska christ for the last 3 years. Do some research on his actions upon leaving Nebraska. He is a snake. He will not be our head coach. Get over it.

I have no idea of who will be, but I truly belive with his past history and incidents he will never set foot in this stadium as an employee of this program. If he does, we have real problems with judging people for what they are, not what we think they are.

I have been a die hard fan of this program for over 50 years. I send a substanial amount of money to the program every year and have for over 25 years. I will end that instantly if he becomes the head coach. I have sent that information to the athletic department. And I am certain I am not the only person that has stated it.

Doing things right is far more important than winning. This would be the greatest mistake we could ever make in my mind.

He is not a Nebraskan nor is he loyal or faithful. He will be gone at the first hint of a better job. He is NFL fodder and the sooner he gets there the better.

Bo has been the anti Nebraska christ for the last 3 years. Do some research on his actions upon leaving Nebraska. He is a snake. He will not be our head coach. Get over it.

I have no idea of who will be, but I truly belive with his past history and incidents he will never set foot in this stadium as an employee of this program. If he does, we have real problems with judging people for what they are, not what we think they are.

I have been a die hard fan of this program for over 50 years. I send a substanial amount of money to the program every year and have for over 25 years. I will end that instantly if he becomes the head coach. I have sent that information to the athletic department. And I am certain I am not the only person that has stated it.

Doing things right is far more important than winning. This would be the greatest mistake we could ever make in my mind.

He is not a Nebraskan nor is he loyal or faithful. He will be gone at the first hint of a better job. He is NFL fodder and the sooner he gets there the better.

So what happens if Osborne concludes at the end of his search that Bo Pelini is the one? Are you going to take your $$$ and go home like a 5 year old with their ball? I don't mean to sound harsh, but I'm tired of all the people that are saying "if so and so is hired, I'm not giving one more dollar, or I'm gonna stop being a fan." All I have to say is a true fan will support the team and the university regardless.

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. We lost a fairly large booster when Pud was fired, but from what I've been told we've more than picked up the slack in terms of that one donor's pledge. I believe the majority of the boosters and fans would be elated if Pelini is announced the next HC. I think Pelini won the popular vote on here a while back. All I hear around my neck of the woods is how we need a coach like Pelini next year. I will tell you one thing though: TO will not hire someone who is not popular with the big boosters. He's in a management role now, and you do have to keep the money machine greased.

That is absolutely correct.

The day Pelini becomes this University's head coach is the day I end my relationship with it. That will end 4 generations of envolvement with this program and the agricultural department.

There are principals to live by. The decission to put a man of so low moral fiber in charge is the end for me.

For soem reason people feel it is all about winning. Nothing could be farther from the truth for me. I enjoy the wins, but I want to be proud of where I donate my money and my time. Winning is great during football season, but it has very little to do with the every day feeling about supporting what I consider to be very low life individual.

You can be tired of if all you want, I am sick of hearing how wonderful he would be for the program. It works both ways.

But my guess is you will be the one unhappy when this is over. He will not be the head coach of Nebraska football. If he is I will not be here to face it. That is for sure.

I am not a large booster by any means, but I have donated thousands of dollars to this program, like my father and grandfather and great grandfather. It is not an easy task to end it, but it is something I feel I must do, and will do.

He did everything in his power do disrupt the change over. He continously worked against this program after he was coaching at Oklahoma. Convicning players to rebel, leave the program and cost recruiting. I do not know if he is still doing this, now that he is at LSU. But he caused many problems for this staff at the beginning. There are other things that I will not go into.

But there are very few things I feel this strongly about. This is not good for Nebraska. And I will not support it in any way if it happens.

No worries skersfan, he won't be coming. And I think you have a good point--if the program you know and love changes and doesn't stand for the same things it used to, you're not married to it. I'm not saying to jump ship if the team loses a few games. I'm saying if the culture changes, even if they're still winning games, it wouldn't feel right. Wins and losses aren't a reason to bail on your favorite team, but a change in culture could be. The Husker brand (and I don't mean the logo) is what draws a lot of fans.