Just read this on the Austin newspaper:

Home > Bohl Games > Archives > 2007 > November > 15 > Entry

Coaching speculation

By Kirk Bohls | Thursday, November 15, 2007, 07:35 PM

Don’t bet the house on it yet, but it appears the frontrunner for the Baylor job is former Bears great Mike Singletary and for the Nebraska job is former Cornhusker player and assistant Craig Bohl.

Singletary may be the one guy that would make a big splash in Waco. It’d be a good gamble on a guy who’s never been a head coach before.

Bohl may not be sexy, but he’s won 43 of 54 and a Division II national championship at North Dakota State, which is at the end of a five-year transition to I-A. Bohl served as a Nebraska assistant for eight seasons, graduated from there and served as defensive coordinator there and at Rice. He’d be solid and is ingrained in the Cornhusker culture, but if I were a Nebraska fan, I’d throw a lot of money at West Virginia’s Rich Rodriguez or first-year North Carolina coach Butch Davis, who hasn’t bought a house in the Chapel Hill area. Texas A&M or Arkansas might beat Nebraska to Davis.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/sha...ing_specul.html

Just read this on the Austin newspaper:

Home > Bohl Games > Archives > 2007 > November > 15 > Entry

Coaching speculation

By Kirk Bohls | Thursday, November 15, 2007, 07:35 PM

Don’t bet the house on it yet, but it appears the frontrunner for the Baylor job is former Bears great Mike Singletary and for the Nebraska job is former Cornhusker player and assistant Craig Bohl.

Singletary may be the one guy that would make a big splash in Waco. It’d be a good gamble on a guy who’s never been a head coach before.

Bohl may not be sexy, but he’s won 43 of 54 and a Division II national championship at North Dakota State, which is at the end of a five-year transition to I-A. Bohl served as a Nebraska assistant for eight seasons, graduated from there and served as defensive coordinator there and at Rice. He’d be solid and is ingrained in the Cornhusker culture, but if I were a Nebraska fan, I’d throw a lot of money at West Virginia’s Rich Rodriguez or first-year North Carolina coach Butch Davis, who hasn’t bought a house in the Chapel Hill area. Texas A&M or Arkansas might beat Nebraska to Davis.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/sha...ing_specul.html

Good Lord. Shoot me.