This is for the Callahan supporters

OK i will entertain the crazy idea of keeping Callahan and look past all the off the field comments Callahan has made. For example, "I have done an excellent job in every area", "crusty old f-----", "Now thats a good system" and the list goes on, these comments alone should get Callahan fired, but i will look past all those and just focus on the play of his team and his philosophies.

If you are ok with having Nebraska play very inconsistent every year and just hope that they can play like they did in the good games for an entire year the next season, then hey what the heck. Just look at the numbers(according the BC numbers dont lie):

2004-ill give BC a pass cause it was his first year

2005- pretty good at the begining of the season and NU is 5-1 and should have beaten Tx Tech, so going into the Missouri game NU is feeling very good cause they should be 6-0, then suddenly the bottom drops out and we go 0-3 the next 3 games topped off by losing to Kansas 15-40(OUCH). We get lucky against K-Sate and win 27-25 and turn it around and beat CU and Michigan to finish the season.

2006- Once again NU starts out great and going into the Texas game Nebraska is 6-1, with that one loss being to USC. Then once again we cant pull out a big win vs. TU and then drop the ball at Ok. St. Callahan does a good job at getting it turned around and wins 3 in a row to close out the regulare season, with a great win at A&M. Then the offense falls of the side of the earth and puts up a total of 21 points against OU and Auburn, granted those were two good D's, but you have to produce in big games.

2007- Nevada game good, Wake Forest game is ok but makes you wonder, then everythink just falls apart starting with USC and not ending until the Kansas game, and K-state game great. So there were 8 games in a row that not a single husker fan can say they felt good about, and then the huskers get so much emotion built up and add senoir day to that and they just explode on a struggling K-state team. My grandmother could have been coaching the huskers on that day and i still say NU beats K-State by 14.

So if you are ok with having a Nebraska team that has one or two great games every year and then the rest of the season you are kinda wondering what happened to the team, then ya we need to keep Callahan. But if you want a team that competes every game, plays a consistenly all year, then we need a different coach.

and if you want to know what is wrong with Callahan's philosophies, take a look at this article, take out Charlie Weis and insert Bill Callahan, this should tell you almost everything you need to know.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...weis/index.html

(This article was first posted by Hollywood Husker on the husker football forum, but i wanted to make sure the Callahan supporters saw it)

BC's attitude towards the fans alone should be enough to get him fired. I don't like being told that his system is so complicated that I would never understand it...then to hear him say how great a job he is doing makes me sick...guess he never looks down at the score board to see the score, or he would have a clue that he isn't doing so hot. Keep looking heavenward, Billy Boy.

OK i will entertain the crazy idea of keeping Callahan and look past all the off the field comments Callahan has made. For example, "I have done an excellent job in every area", "crusty old f-----", "Now thats a good system" and the list goes on, these comments alone should get Callahan fired, but i will look past all those and just focus on the play of his team and his philosophies.

If you are ok with having Nebraska play very inconsistent every year and just hope that they can play like they did in the good games for an entire year the next season, then hey what the heck. Just look at the numbers(according the BC numbers dont lie):

2004-ill give BC a pass cause it was his first year

2005- pretty good at the begining of the season and NU is 5-1 and should have beaten Tx Tech, so going into the Missouri game NU is feeling very good cause they should be 6-0, then suddenly the bottom drops out and we go 0-3 the next 3 games topped off by losing to Kansas 15-40(OUCH). We get lucky against K-Sate and win 27-25 and turn it around and beat CU and Michigan to finish the season.

2006- Once again NU starts out great and going into the Texas game Nebraska is 6-1, with that one loss being to USC. Then once again we cant pull out a big win vs. TU and then drop the ball at Ok. St. Callahan does a good job at getting it turned around and wins 3 in a row to close out the regulare season, with a great win at A&M. Then the offense falls of the side of the earth and puts up a total of 21 points against OU and Auburn, granted those were two good D's, but you have to produce in big games.

2007- Nevada game good, Wake Forest game is ok but makes you wonder, then everythink just falls apart starting with USC and not ending until the Kansas game, and K-state game great. So there were 8 games in a row that not a single husker fan can say they felt good about, and then the huskers get so much emotion built up and add senoir day to that and they just explode on a struggling K-state team. My grandmother could have been coaching the huskers on that day and i still say NU beats K-State by 14.

So if you are ok with having a Nebraska team that has one or two great games every year and then the rest of the season you are kinda wondering what happened to the team, then ya we need to keep Callahan. But if you want a team that competes every game, plays a consistenly all year, then we need a different coach.

and if you want to know what is wrong with Callahan's philosophies, take a look at this article, take out Charlie Weis and insert Bill Callahan, this should tell you almost everything you need to know.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...weis/index.html

(This article was first posted by Hollywood Husker on the husker football forum, but i wanted to make sure the Callahan supporters saw it)

Where are all the Callahan supporters that you are talking about? Do you call people supporters just because they dont pile on Callahan and constantly bash him?

I thought we were in trouble last year when we did not beat Texas at home in the snow, with them starting a freshman QB. I still say NP's grandma could have pulled that one out as well as the K State game. Look at the Weiss picture. i still think he looks like sloth from Goonies or Master Blaster (sans helmet) in Mad max Thunderdome. Look it up and tell me you disagree. Callahan will land on his feet very soon. Hell, the New York Jets will probably take him to be a HC.

Where are all the Callahan supporters that you are talking about? Do you call people supporters just because they dont pile on Callahan and constantly bash him?

There are not a whole lot of Callahan supporters. But there are a few people that i have heard say and a few people on here have posted that they think Callahan should be given another year, with a new DC. This post is why i think those poeple are wrong and BC needs to go.

edit: this post actually started out as a response to the question by "are you serious" in his post Not a done deal but it got too long and i decided to make it a topic.

I would be called a supporter/koolaid drinker I suppose. I am not happy with the season but I won't call our coach names or go to the extremes as some have done. This is still a young team. Still learning about themselves and the game. Its only year 4. Callahan's players/recruits out of HS are still really young and are just getting experience. I don't count 2004 recruiting at all. I agree that the defense is a disaster, but I don't know if a total change across the board is warranted, just yet. I fear that we will be even worse if we do make a total change. These kids like Callahan. Alot. Why the players, themselves can't get up for games, well only the players can answer that question. I was actually looking to 2008 as 'our' year not this year knowing Zac was going to be gone.

I don't know what the answer is but we really do need to practice patience as a fan base.

These kids like Callahan. Alot

I think if you went and talked to the kids playing on almost every team in America, you will find out that they like their coach. I mean the A&M kids started a standing ovation at one of Dennis Franciony's press conference, and he still got fired. This clinche that kids will run through a wall for their coach is extremely over used. If you are a starter on a team for the most part you like your coaches because they obviously beleive in you and are giving you a chance to prove you can play.

So do these kids like Callahan, yes, heck they even like Cosgrove. But this compassion for this coaching staff doesnt even compare to love Osborne's players had for that staff. If we get a good staff in here these players will really find out what it is to play for their coaches.

Thing you wonder is how good a DC could we get unless TO makes some type of promises to the candidate? If you are a Jon Tenuta or somebody else who can easily work elsewhere why join a coach already on the hotseat? TO would have to make some guarantees, a vow of patience, in order to get a top-guy to come here to DC.

Hell the new guys in 03 managed 10-3 and some still weren't satisfied. But that was Pedey.

What would TO's standards for next season be?

There are not a whole lot of Callahan supporters. But there are a few people that i have heard say and a few people on here have posted that they think Callahan should be given another year, with a new DC. This post is why i think those poeple are wrong and BC needs to go.

edit: this post actually started out as a response to the question by "are you serious" in his post Not a done deal but it got too long and i decided to make it a topic.

I'm not a Cally supporter but I will go on record as saying I would not put it past Osborne to keep Callahan as HC.

I'm not IBR and I don't play him on tv. I can tell you that Callahan is toast. More than likely very soon after the CU game.

He HAS to go! No ifs ands or buts. Not knocking him as a person, just NOT a college coach. Doesn't have a clue how to adjust to the college game. That and I am very sorry to hear about that crap with Cosgrove and we do have a thin D line but our D should NEVER EVER look like chumps. They do.

Cosgrove is not a motivator and should have been canned way earlier IMO.

BYE BYE to both. Good luck and good bye!