Losses

I think he was speaking in terms of a generalization. If we only get 15 of the allotted 25 slots filled, will it be considered a bust? I will say that if we get 5 or 10 or 15 excellent players to fill the 25 spots and the others go vacant, it will not be a bust. I won't call an entire class a bust if we get some very much needed players to fill some holes.

I wondered, how many recruits we can lose before the class is a bust ? I don't think this could happen, but let's say it got down to 15 or so ? I know it depends on many things, but i just wondered...

Doesn't matter how many you lose...what matters is what you do with the ones that stay. Iowa had a good recruiting class last year as far as highly rated recruits are concerned. Now half of them are either in the stoney lonesome or headed that way. It isn't what people think of them before they get there that matters...it's what the ones who arrive do once they are there. I'd trade any 5-star recruit with an attitude for a two star kid that was willing to work and sacrifice for the team any day.

I wondered, how many recruits we can lose before the class is a bust ? I don't think this could happen, but let's say it got down to 15 or so ? I know it depends on many things, but i just wondered...

Doesn't matter how many you lose...what matters is what you do with the ones that stay. Iowa had a good recruiting class last year as far as highly rated recruits are concerned. Now half of them are either in the stoney lonesome or headed that way. It isn't what people think of them before they get there that matters...it's what the ones who arrive do once they are there. I'd trade any 5-star recruit with an attitude for a two star kid that was willing to work and sacrifice for the team any day.

Like a Harrison Beck for a Joe Ganz, IMHO.