Latest Coaching Rumor to come out

I just heard from one of my buddies who knows one of the hardcore boosters that TO is NOT going to hire a regular head coach but will instead bring in a series of coaching "consultants" each week to prepare the players for the games. This will be an opportunity for out of work coaches like Dan Reeves and Barney Cotton an opportunity to make a little bit of scratch. It will also provide established coaches with a bye week an opportunity to make a bit of money when they're normally sitting around doing nothing. Osborne figures that everyone in Husker Nation will eventually get their favorite coach in there running their favorite flavor of offense and everyone will finally be happy. Also this way if someone gives up 70 points to Kansas we can just not hire that person again. Unless we're really desperate or something and there's no one else. I like it and I think it will work.

I just heard from one of my buddies who knows one of the hardcore boosters that TO is NOT going to hire a regular head coach but will instead bring in a series of coaching "consultants" each week to prepare the players for the games. This will be an opportunity for out of work coaches like Dan Reeves and Barney Cotton an opportunity to make a little bit of scratch. It will also provide established coaches with a bye week an opportunity to make a bit of money when they're normally sitting around doing nothing. Osborne figures that everyone in Husker Nation will eventually get their favorite coach in there running their favorite flavor of offense and everyone will finally be happy. Also this way if someone gives up 70 points to Kansas we can just not hire that person again. Unless we're really desperate or something and there's no one else. I like it and I think it will work.

Ah the College of Coaches approach? Well, it's only been tried once, so who's to say it won't work for us. I'm sure everyone will be very patient with the unorthodox approach. :)

Instead of having weekly consultants how about Survivor-style competition: Nebraska's Next Head Coach.

If we could get a show on Fox for this, that would be awesome. And in fairness, half of this idea is mine so when you pitch it to the networks I expect you to go halfsies with me when it comes to the royalties.

I'm sure Husker Nation will be patient throughout the experiment. Nothing about the last 10 years suggests otherwise.

I like it and I think it will work.

You're in the minority then. No way will Osborne allow Coaching by Committee to happen. That would royally screw us over when it came to recruiting. There's absolutely NO continuity. There's no way for players to learn and master one offensive/defensive scheme. Nothing. No way will it happen OR work.

This has got to be one of the craziest and stupidest rumors I've heard <_<

wow some people just aren't able to grasp the sarcasm in this thread

I knew it was sarcastic. I just thought it was lame.

No...

The onliest way you're going to make sure those of us reading these posts out loud to ourselves know you're being sarcastic is to use one of these... :sarcasm

The only board that has one of these smilies (as far as I know).

wow some people just aren't able to grasp the sarcasm in this thread

I knew it was sarcastic. I just thought it was lame.

No...

The onliest way you're going to make sure those of us reading these posts out loud to ourselves know you're being sarcastic is to use one of these... :sarcasm

The only board that has one of these smilies (as far as I know).

very true also.. how is text supposed to be sarcastic? isn't the sarcasm always in the tone of the voice? so um.. very true very true... and, even as a sarcastic post, dumbest thing i've heard yet