FRIDAY'S GAME IS NOT IMPORTANT

OLDMAN

I get what you are saying, but you should have used the word "repose" rather than "touche". "Touche" is a fencing term that means "acknowledging that one's opponent has scored a hit". Whereas "repose" means "to place in, or to thrust in". It appears M-247's post falls more into the "skewered" category than merely making a counter point. I score one point for M-247. Just a little sidebar from a former team sport ASU fencing member. ;)

Oy vey. Everywhere you turn, there's always some Fencing Snob rubbing your nose in your incorrect use of touché. It's getting so you can't swing a stick on the Internet without hitting two or three ASU members anymore.

God save us from this plague.

chuckleshuffle:)

I get what you are saying, but you should have used the word "repose" rather than "touche". "Touche" is a fencing term that means "acknowledging that one's opponent has scored a hit". Whereas "repose" means "to place in, or to thrust in". It appears M-247's post falls more into the "skewered" category than merely making a counter point. I score one point for M-247. Just a little sidebar from a former team sport ASU fencing member. ;)

Oy vey. Everywhere you turn, there's always some Fencing Snob rubbing your nose in your incorrect use of touché. It's getting so you can't swing a stick on the Internet without hitting two or three ASU members anymore.

You have to be a snob to fence you know. :)

You have to be a snob to fence you know. :)

iowa.gif

I've built a couple of fences in my time..

My lower back never did recover from the one I built for my Parents out of 8' Railroad ties.

So..THT..You going to the ASU/USC game here in Tempe this week?

Little Richard's doing the Halftime show.

I've been thinking about the title of this thread, of course the thread has gone off course. But does Friday's game matter (to Callahan) if TO has scheduled a meeting for Saturday?

Obviously it doesn't matter if we get invited to a bowl so that's not a deciding factor if BC stays or goes.

My gut feel is that TO has made up his mind and due to the quick scheduling of the meeting it means that BC is gone and TO wants the interim coach (Watson?) to have either the maximum time to prep the team for a bowl or wants to maximize the time to assure possible recruits that the situation is being fixed.

What do you read in the meeting being scheduled the day after the game?