Would Hawkins do this?

Talk is cheap. No way in hell would Hawkins ever follow through on that empty threat. As far as I'm concerned he is a resident of that scumbag state and just as much of a low life as every other colo resident. My bet is, if it does happen he will sit their with a smug look on face and thumb up his ass just like his predecessor. That expected behavior in that god forsaken state. The best thing that could happen to Boulder would be an air detonation of about a 1 megaton device to rid the place of the only two kind of residents it has, liberals and drug addicts.

Well thanks bud I live here too.

Your statement is TOTALLY uncalled for.

Talk is cheap. No way in hell would Hawkins ever follow through on that empty threat. As far as I'm concerned he is a resident of that scumbag state and just as much of a low life as every other colo resident. My bet is, if it does happen he will sit their with a smug look on face and thumb up his ass just like his predecessor. That expected behavior in that god forsaken state. The best thing that could happen to Boulder would be an air detonation of about a 1 megaton device to rid the place of the only two kind of residents it has, liberals and drug addicts.

Shouldn't you be polishing a gun somewhere, Lee Harvey?

What are you all bitching about, this is what you wanted? You as well as I want the game to be played on the field, Hawk is warning the students, I applaud him for it. I think some of you all are hoping for a problem........

What the hell are YOU talking about? Please point out from the posts before this one which of us were "bitching" about this article.

Who is "hoping for a problem?"

Seriously - where are you seeing this?

I think he is saying that bad fan behavior by CU fans this year would help perpetuate one of the main things Husker fans love to complain about regarding the CU game -- let's face it, if CU fans acted nice and left Husker fans alone, would anyone say, "wow, it was great out this year" -- doubtful. Most would keep going on about the previous years of bad behavior because it is hard to admit others change for the better when there is so much emotion involved.

What are you all bitching about, this is what you wanted? You as well as I want the game to be played on the field, Hawk is warning the students, I applaud him for it. I think some of you all are hoping for a problem........

What the hell are YOU talking about? Please point out from the posts before this one which of us were "bitching" about this article.

I think he is saying that bad fan behavior by CU fans this year would help perpetuate one of the main things Husker fans love to complain about regarding the CU game -- let's face it, if CU fans acted nice and left Husker fans alone, would anyone say, "wow, it was great out this year" -- doubtful. Most would keep going on about the previous years of bad behavior because it is hard to admit others change for the better when there is so much emotion involved.

I think you are projecting your feelings on to his post, and not reading the words he wrote. He said what he wrote, nothing more. All I'm asking for is HIS explanation on why he said that.

Shouldn't you be polishing a gun somewhere, Lee Harvey?

:rollin

I guess that I shouldn't be laughing...I'm a liberal.

I think you are projecting your feelings on to his post, and not reading the words he wrote. He said what he wrote, nothing more. All I'm asking for is HIS explanation on why he said that.

There were 3 posters that spouted off how he would never follow through, I am merely pointing out that here is a guy, Coach Hawk, who is saying that we want the game to be played on the field and not in the stands. If I read the 90% of posts about CU football on this site they all end with some remark about the cavalier attitude of their fans, players, and coaches, now comes along a coach that says that he will not tolerate the behavior upon which you all complain and the first remarks seem to be what a "douche" Hawk is. I just don't get that. I'm not saying that everyone should trade in their Husker red for black and gold but I am only pointing out that we have a guy that wants to eliminate everything you all have complained about, with the exception of the fact that we are going to keep emphasizing this game, no matter how much NU and OU want to dry hump each other's legs....lol

:yeah

:asshat

if i remember correctly, the coach in 2005 at CU did not react to the fan situation at all. i remember seeing it on TV, it was, folks, one of the most embarrassing moments for college football in America.

imagine a foreign exchange student or someone from another country, watching their FIRST college football game? it was just the saddest spectacle i had every seen in my life. Boulder will never live it down.

and he was fired shortly thereafter..........

That's what makes me wonder about it. It kind of sounds like the school itself has staterd to take action over this stuff...maybe.. I hope they have. I'd rather see a tough football game than CU getting pulled off the field though. I hope it doesn't come to that and I wouldn't think Hawkins wouldn't do it. Then again if he's made the threat, he'll have to be ready to back it up.

Maybe the powers that be at CU told him to get it cleaned up and this is one step in that process? Dunno. Psychich powers not working today. It does throw an interesting wrinkle into the hate-hate relationship the two teams have for each other though. If he does pull his team off the field, Husker Nation better reciprocate by behaving itself in Boulder, and in future meetings between the two.

Well Hats of to Coach Hawkins. But heres how i see it. If CU Is winning fans will be good But If NU is kicking azz then watch out . Shouldn't get to out of hand till NU is up bye 30 points. But bye then the game is out of hand and why not forfeit..lol My 2 cents . But i hope all goes well and a good football game with NU pulling off the win.