How many seasons will it take to get back to respectability...

hskrdedhed

Remember those wins will be with Coach Callahan's recruits. (if he is let go)

And will 9 wins be enough for the fans?

And that will prove what? That Callahan was a failure of a coach. He has the talent but his schemes didn't give them the chance to win. He maybe an offensive genious but he can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag!

Looking forward to spring ball and beyond! GBR!!!

Think it will take more then a year to get rid of the taint that is Cosgrove and Callahan. 7-5 or 8-4 season is what I would expect whoever is the new coach.

and that would be an improvement, that would be a start. anything more would be absolutely more than anyone should expect. but give me a team that plays better and learns as the year goes along, show me the kids are learning and getting better through the year.

I hope I'm wrong but I think we're heading for a series of turnovers in coaching about every 4 years. Years capped with 9 wins are hardly what Husker fans are looking for. I think we're in for a long period of mediocrity characterized by inconsistency. I think it will be a long time before we finish in the top 15 for 3 years in a row.

I hope I'm wrong but I think we're heading for a series of turnovers in coaching about every 4 years. Years capped with 9 wins are hardly what Husker fans are looking for. I think we're in for a long period of mediocrity characterized by inconsistency. I think it will be a long time before we finish in the top 15 for 3 years in a row.

now that's optimism.....hope TO doesn't feel that way.

Wow!?!?!

What makes you think so?

Oh ye of little faith!?!?! ;)

I have the utmost respect for TO and all he accomplished at Nebraska. He probably deserves a second chance at choosing a Husker coach.

The point is as you said last year we were close, what happened. Did the staff just say lets quit now we have done enough.

This is an attitude problem. Something happened on this team this year. It is not all coaching failure. Some yes, but when kids quit it is hard to turn it around.

To me it is their lack of effort, dedication to the job that is the problem. If you don't want to win and pay the price to do it you won't, it makes no difference how much some one pushes. And if what the coach has is the best he has got and it is not working hard he still plays the best he has.

I have some ideas as to what I think the problems are. But I will hold them until we see the new coach and find out what their take on it is.

I agree the staff needed to go, because they could not control this team. Hoepfully it will be better with the new staff.

And I know that TO is a legend and I love him for what he did, but he did not leave us in the best case scenario last time, he did us no real favors with Pederson and his selection. Throwing everything at his feet now is not a certainty in my mind. Great man, but may be too close the problem.

WE shall see.

I have the utmost respect for TO and all he accomplished at Nebraska. He probably deserves a second chance at choosing a Husker coach.

Oh come on...not this again...

TO chose FS because he wanted continuity in the staff and Frank was the logical sucessor...was it a mistake??? Yeah...maybe...who really knows??? FS wasn't given a chance with his new staff... You can't blame TO for FS's inability to evaluate talent...to recruit... TO gave him the blueprint for success..he failed to execute with the staff he was given but wasn't given a chance to succeed with his own staff...

And I know that TO is a legend and I love him for what he did, but he did not leave us in the best case scenario last time, he did us no real favors with Pederson and his selection. Throwing everything at his feet now is not a certainty in my mind. Great man, but may be too close the problem.

WE shall see.

fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. i agree, we shall see.

While others have questioned your level of optimisim, I think this post is more a reflection of college football today -- scholarship limits and early outs for the NFL have leveled the playing field dramatically -- I think the odds of a team repeating as national champs in the next 10 years are very very low.

Oh come on...not this again...

TO chose FS because he wanted continuity in the staff and Frank was the logical sucessor...was it a mistake??? Yeah...maybe...who really knows??? FS wasn't given a chance with his new staff... You can't blame TO for FS's inability to evaluate talent...to recruit... TO gave him the blueprint for success..he failed to execute with the staff he was given but wasn't given a chance to succeed with his own staff...

You're reading into the comment and illustrating my point. There's only so much TO can do and he only has limited control of the outcome. TO doesn't walk on water and there are no guarantees. I don't disagree with you on FS, in fact maybe his last season suggested he could turn things around. Although everyone has opinions we'll never know.

Will anyone be given the chance to succeed? It was very difficult to follow in the footsteps of the Devaney/Osborne dynasty. It will be even more difficult to establish a new dynasty.