590 has just reported:

They are not #1 and they don't have the number 1 defense and he might be on the hotseat because they gave up MUCHO points over the last 7 games! 4 TDs per game, and that's not including the 2 OT losses! Osborne, like Landry were devought religious men. I don't think that fits Pelini and I don't think he really fits the tradition that was built back in 1962 and perfected with TO as OC and later HC. I don't think that he is agood fit for this school and what it takes to return to glory, ASAP! I think he will be a big MISTAKE!

four exclamation points...you're the man!!!!...

Dont know if he is a devout religious man but when he was asked about Nebraska he said he liked it here and liked his parish.

I think those who are downing Pelini because of the last few games need to watch some tape of LSU's defense. They are fast and imposing, which is a stark contrast to our defense. As much as we all like to bag on the SEC, it's a tough conference and Arkansas has the best offensive player in the country on their team.

And a lot of the close games have been the fault of the offence... I don't know WHAT happened yeserday, though. Man that cheesed me off. I was disappointed about NU, the loss was expected but that was a major let down after halftime. But LSU REALLY had me yelling... I wanted an LSU-KU matchup. Oh well, KU will still have to win 2 more games.

For those of you who are picking on Bo Pelini and the way he's handled his defense for the past 3-4 games are the ones who are in favored of Tuner Gill. Ummm lets take a look at Turners defense and his record which is 4-7 ouch. Turner Gills defense isn't near as good as Pelini's and at least Pelini has coached in three big College Football programs.

I'm in favor of Bo Pelini as head coach but I'm still leaning toward Paul Johnson (7-4) for what he's done at Navy even though their defense isn't that great as well.

It'll be interesting for the next few days for the HC job at Nebraska.

good lord people. No one is perfect, I dare anyone to find a coach who has a perfect game or season every year. LSU has not lost more than 2 games since he has been there with Les Miles. 11-2, 11-2 and so far this year 10-2. I dont know what people expect if that isnt good enough.

They expect too much as usual. I read on another thread here that 9-10 wins is the expectation.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

The next staff is already screwed and they aren't even hired yet.

ya rolls the dice...

ya takes yer chances.

But- opinions vary.

They are not #1 and they don't have the number 1 defense and he might be on the hotseat because they gave up MUCHO points over the last 7 games! 4 TDs per game, and that's not including the 2 OT losses! Osborne, like Landry were devought religious men. I don't think that fits Pelini and I don't think he really fits the tradition that was built back in 1962 and perfected with TO as OC and later HC. I don't think that he is agood fit for this school and what it takes to return to glory, ASAP! I think he will be a big MISTAKE!

So you're saying Bo Pelini won't make a good head coach b/c he's not religious enough? Roflmao, thats the stupidest thing I've heard all week.

Y'know, speaking of religion (since you did), Devaney was no saint.

People can be leaders and have character without passing that litmus test.

Do you personally know Pelini or his family? If not, I think you should just keep quiet about his religious views and focus on his football acumen! Unless you have sat next to the man at Mass, please be quiet on that subject. Criticize him all you want on his job performance but the personal stuff is way out of line and tends to run parallel to the stupidity of those who harrassed Cosgroves family! How devout are you?

After watching the LSU game yesterday I am definately in favor of you guys hiring Bo :)

I am not a huge Bo fan like a lot of people are, but if you exclude every coach that has had games not go their way you'd have no coaches left to choose from.

We finally agree Dave H.

That is amazing!