Was it a mistake?

NPhusker

I for one have said just about the whole time that Callahan should be fired, but i am just curious how many people wanted to keep Callahan? When Solich got fired i bet about half wanted him to stay wanted him and stay and half wanted him gone. So was just curious about the percentage of people who wanted Callahan to stay?

I for one have said just about the whole time that Callahan should be fired, but i am just curious how many people wanted to keep Callahan? When Solich got fired i bet about half wanted him to stay wanted him and stay and half wanted him gone. So was just curious about the percentage of people who wanted Callahan to stay?

There are a few out there from what I heard on the post game call in show last night , but the overwhelming majority agree that BC needed to go. We have lost far too many records and traditions for him to stay any longer. I feel bad for BC but I dont see things getting any better in the future with him at the helm. We have become a joke. It is time to bring someone in that knows what Husker football is all about and someone that can motivate and get the most out of our players. It will be interesting to see who we get to take over in the next week or two. GBR!

Look at our wins this season. How many coaches could also have gotten those wins with our players-- as TO said, we have some good players and his failures are systemic. I like that phrase.

Calllllllahan never should have been hired to begin with.

I totally agree, Pederson was good at building the stadium up and renewing some of the facility's but he removed the most important thing about NU and thats tradition!

I liked the old face. It's kind of parallels what happened to the program-- stick on a new face, cover up the old instead of building it up... just slap up a new one to hide the old, classic one.

I don't take any pleasure in BC getting fired because this failure puts the program at risk, potentially for a long while. However, it was inevitable. I wanted BC to succeed but the likelihood of that was rapidly going down the tubes. There were some bright spots in BC's experiment but all in all I think TO is right about there being a loss of identity and a systemic problem. I think the problems have become so serious that the best course of action is to give someone else a chance. I hope the new coach succeeds but it is going to be tough. I think TO was left with little choice.

I think BC's biggest mistake was not taking care of the defense situation. I almost feel like he conducted himself like the quarterback's coach or the offensive coach. The demise of the defense is just unbelievable and unacceptable. I can see no way to rationalize away the fact that we have on of the worst defenses in the country and give up four- or five-hundred yards per game. That's about the only consistent aspect of BC's team.

I think Pederson was also a weight around his neck. That's not his fault, but that's just the nature of the situation.

I was a big supporter of Callahan, more or less giving him a chance to make things work, but I support the decision to fire him. It is awful hard to defend the performance of the team as a whole. The second half against CU was a microcosm of this season and a reminder of why he was being fired. He did a few good things while he was here, but sadly, it is time to move on.

I was a big supporter of Callahan, more or less giving him a chance to make things work, but I support the decision to fire him. It is awful hard to defend the performance of the team as a whole. The second half against CU was a microcosm of this season and a reminder of why he was being fired. He did a few good things while he was here, but sadly, it is time to move on.

:yeah

I agree. I supported him as well and will support the new coach no matter who it is. This season was just atrocious and can't be defended.

I think the thing that sucks most about the whole situation is a lack of continuity. It comes with the territory but it's one thing that Osborne spoke to as being a key to success. I completely agree. If NU is unable to recover this year's recruiting classes, we could very well see a "hole" in the team 3 to 4 years from now. It's nice to hear a guy like Osborne talking about big picture things like that, while a lot of people don't.

A lot of people are rejoicing. I am not. It could very well get a lot worse before it gets any better

There are a few out there from what I heard on the post game call in show last night , but the overwhelming majority agree that BC needed to go. We have lost far too many records and traditions for him to stay any longer. I feel bad for BC but I dont see things getting any better in the future with him at the helm. We have become a joke. It is time to bring someone in that knows what Husker football is all about and someone that can motivate and get the most out of our players. It will be interesting to see who we get to take over in the next week or two. GBR!

not just a joke, but pitied. Mark May hates the crap out of Nebraska it seems, and whenever they(ESPN) bring up Nebraska, it seems like it hurts them that they suck. they understand tradition. it's kind of the same way with Notre Dame, Miami, Florida State, Penn State, etc.

even though they can't get their stupid bias out of their heads(which makes them horrible journalists) but at least they love college football enough to love everyone's traditions.

if I were to guess I would say it was about 85-90% were anti-Callahan, with the other 10-15% suggesting a defensive coordinator change...