What will next years team look like?

I'm just excited to see what some of these athletes can do with new defensive schemes.

Plus, whatever offensive scheme is brought in, it can't be more complicated than what we run now. That means more athletes getting on the field and getting touches. I hope our new coach has the mindset of Urban Meyer, Pinkel, Zook, et al. Which is, if you've got an amazing athlete (Maclin, P. Harvin) find ways to get him the ball! Reverse, hand off, horizontal sideline pass, kick offs, punts, just get him the damn ball! I want to see Niles Paul and Prince A. running wild on defenses next year.

When I saw your list I was shocked that you had only 1 Sr on defense. The following will be Sr next yr:

Turner - DE, Potter - DE, Steinkuhler - DT, Barfield - DT, Murrillo - DB. I've got to believe their senior years will all be better than this last year.

As for WR, I think Menelik Holt and Niles Paul will see a lot of time. If Chris Brooks was going to develop, he would have played much more this year.

QB battle will be interesting. Ganz may not have a lock on it because the new HC will probably (hopefully) install a simpler offense that doesn't take 3 yr to learn. Suspect Ganz, Lee and Witt will battle it out. Should be interesting.

Thanks I kinda forgot about the defense. SteinKuhler isnt a senior though he will be a junior according to the husker.com roster.

It shows on both huskers.com and huskerpedia that Steinkuhler is a junior this year. He redshirted in 04 and had played the last 3 seasons.

this is what it shows on the depth chart

Ty Steinkuhler, 6-3, 280, So., Lincoln, Neb.

That is wrong. If you look at the official roster on both sites, it shows him as a junior. Here is his bio from huskers.com and it says Junior.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SP...p;Q_SEASON=2007

I'm just excited to see what some of these athletes can do with new defensive schemes.

Plus, whatever offensive scheme is brought in, it can't be more complicated than what we run now. That means more athletes getting on the field and getting touches. I hope our new coach has the mindset of Urban Meyer, Pinkel, Zook, et al. Which is, if you've got an amazing athlete (Maclin, P. Harvin) find ways to get him the ball! Reverse, hand off, horizontal sideline pass, kick offs, punts, just get him the damn ball! I want to see Niles Paul and Prince A. running wild on defenses next year.

boy i agree 100%. we stifle these kids and keep them on the bench because they don't know enough of the playbook, yet assume we can keep recruiting guys that have talent and want to play right away.

hopefully this bullsh#t idea went out the door when cally left! this part pissed me off the most.