CU a Rivalry ummmm???

Apathy

Be thankfull, if our crappy offense hung 65 on you guys, imagine what the Sooners would have done yesterday? You should almost be thanking us :)

Even if we had won, there is no way that we would have played OU this year. You guys should be thanking Callahan for bringing NU down to your level.

Be thankfull, if our crappy offense hung 65 on you guys, imagine what the Sooners would have done yesterday? You should almost be thanking us :)

Even if we had won, there is no way that we would have played OU this year. You guys should be thanking Callahan for bringing NU down to your level.

or thank Hawk for getting the kids to play well, especially on offense.......

Oklahoma wimped out of this once great rivarly game. CU is now the one team that I can not stand to lose to, = rivarly.

What is the story here? Obviously the formation of the Big XII is what ultimately did away with the yearly OU/NU game, but who made concessions to end up with the conference being set up the way it is today? I'm aware of the basics of the joining of the SWC and the Big 8, but I've never really heard the intricacies of the whole maneuver.

Seems to me that if Nebraska and Oklahoma both wanted to play eachother every year so badly, they could have structured the conference in a way to make that happen, couldn't they?

Money Talks. Texas had the television market the new conference wanted, so the Texas schools got their way. I've heard many times since then that OU didn't want to play UT and NU every year because it would make it too hard to win the new conference. But they played both every year beforethat and won plenty of conference titles, so I frankly don't believe that story.

Or for Joey Ganz throwing two int's to allow you guys to get back into the game. ;)

GIVE ME A HELL NO.

Nebraska vs Colorado Series: 46-18-2

Nebraska vs Oklahoma: 37-43-3

Rivalry games are games that mean a lot to both teams and both teams have hatred for the other one. The team series are close and are always a good game to watch. Nebraska doesn't have that hatred toward CU where CU feels differently in this area.

Kansas vs Mizzo is another great example of another great rivalry Series tied 52-52-9 (2004) and here's some other great examples of other schools and their rivalries.

Alabama vs Tennessee: Alabama leads 43-37-7 (2004)

Alabama vs Auburn: Alabama leads 38-30-1 (2004)

Boston College vs Notre Dame: Notre Dame leads 9-7 (2004)

Florida vs Georgia: Georgia leads 46-35-2 (2004)

Florida vs Florida State: Florida leads 28-19-2 (2004)

Florida vs Miami: Miami leads 27-25 (2003)

Michagin vs Notre Dame: Michigan leads 18-13-1 (2004)

Michagin vs Ohio State: Michigan leads 57-38-6 (2004)

Notre Dame vs USC: Notre Dame leads 42-29-5 (2004)

Oklahoma vs Texas: Texas leads 55-39-5 (2004)

Oregon vs Oregon State: Oregon leads 54-44-10 (2004)

Penn State vs Pittsburg: Penn State leads 50-42-4 (2000)

UCLA vs USC: USC leads 40-27-7 (2004)

Virginia Tech vs Virginia: Virginia Tech leads 44-37-5 (2004)

Virginia vs West Virginia: West Virginia leads 28-21-1 (2004)

Those are a few and if I'm forgetting any just let me know. To me I don't think that CU vs NU is a rivalry game and in these two college football program CU is always looking forward to playing NU where we just play it game in and game out unless it's OU. GO BIG RED

As long as the "hatred" you have for the other team is founded on the statement, "I hate them so bad because they play so good."

...T_O_B

Look at the last 20 years, that's the only time it's been considered a rivalry anyway (and it has been a superb rivalry over that time, rife with classic finishes and NC implications).

I realize you're all still smitten for Oklahoma, and many of you don't have any respect for CU, but can I ask you why you hold the Oklahoma program in such high regard? I mean, obviously there have been some classic games between your two schools, but Oklahoma was pumping their players full of cash and HGH during their most prolific era... what's there to respect about that?

Oh, for starting this thread you also get one of these:

dedhoarse

Kind of agree sCrUm. Might just as well get on with it.

...T_O_B

I am not trying to be a prick, but for me when we play is irrelevant, I want to win, the game is important to me, it may not be to some of you but it doesn't really dilute my importance on it. In fact, you can have my vote that you get to play OU on the day after Thanksgiving, so long as we get you the week before :)

A Colorado fan not trying to be a prick? Wow, that's a new concept!

This certainly is a rivalry, ever since that lilly white coach of yours (the one who let his daughter breed with half the football team) decided to hate Nebraska. You know, back about the time of 5th downs, Hail Mary's, Kordell Stewart choking anytime he would see a red uniform....

Doesn't matter to me when we play, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Fourth of July, or even Mother's Day, I just relish kicking the crap out you.

Thanksgiving and Christmas don't matter and actually could use a little excitement that doesn't revolve around screaming kids and a big meal but Don't Be Messin' With My Fourth of July and your Mother will be all over yo' azz if you mess with her day. :lol::lol::rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:lol::lol:

...T_O_B

I am not trying to be a prick, but for me when we play is irrelevant, I want to win, the game is important to me, it may not be to some of you but it doesn't really dilute my importance on it. In fact, you can have my vote that you get to play OU on the day after Thanksgiving, so long as we get you the week before :)

A Colorado fan not trying to be a prick? Wow, that's a new concept!

This certainly is a rivalry, ever since that lilly white coach of yours (the one who let his daughter breed with half the football team) decided to hate Nebraska. You know, back about the time of 5th downs, Hail Mary's, Kordell Stewart choking anytime he would see a red uniform....

Sorry man but this is a bit out of line. We don't need any white/black/pink or blue talk here!!!

...T_O_B

:bonez:angry::angry::bonez

Scoring a lot on this years NU defense is no accomplishment. I would worry if you could not score a lot on the 115th ranked D. From what it looked like, you guys may need some work on D as well. Neither team should brag about this game.

Scoring a lot on this years NU defense is no accomplishment. I would worry if you could not score a lot on the 115th ranked D. From what it looked like, you guys may need some work on D as well. Neither team should brag about this game.

Hell yeah it is an accomplishment, we had like -20 yards of rushing against FSU, so I will take my nearly 300 regardless. I would have never thought that the 62 we hung on you guys would be broken.

When I think of "Rivalry games" I think of two relatively close programs that compete for the same recruits, their fans only care about winning "The Game", Families torn between allegiances, buildings set on fire..That kind of stuff.

It's amusing watching Arizona/Arizona State from an outsider's perspective.

Seems like the team with the most to lose (Higher rank) usually does...Even the Local sportscasters found it distasteful rooting for Arizona as they were beating Oregon (Putting ASU on top of the PAC-10).

I don't think we (Nebraska) ever had a Real Rival..Each game was just too important to us because we were usually after the MNC...There were times we'd spend a few extra hours practicing for OU's Wishbone while we were getting ready for the next opponent (I think that was stopped after one season..didn't help).

The one thing that almost makes the NU/CU game resemble past rivalries....We lost two coaches right after playing them.