Rumor from another board

I think I just Bogasmed. Clean up on aisle three.

The question that I keep wondering, though, is how well would Turner handle being an assistant after being a head coach, especially when the man who he's under has no head coaching experience? If he's a humble man, which his interviews and such would seem to indicate, it wouldn't be much of a problem. But ego is ego, and everyone has one of a varied size. This staff would be dream come true for me, especially if you could get someone like the LSU linebacker/ST coach with all he recruiting ties to come on board as DC. As long as Bo is around, the defense becomes less of a concern regardless of the coordinator. With an offensive mind like Turner in the mix, I think we could see an amazing turnaround from this season.

As for continuity, if they can get a 9-10 win season next year with perhaps a Big XII Championship appearance, they're solid, provided there's no Callahan-esque relapse in 09.

Exciting times, gentlemen. Very exciting times.

X

I think I read somewhere that Gill only makes like 300,000 this year for coaching at Buffalo.

I think we can offer a lot more for the OC position. That might be a reason to come.

And Bo beat Michigan, not michigan state

It was Michigan St.

"Pelini was also interim head coach at the time of the Cornhuskers' 2003 Alamo Bowl victory over Michigan State."

I fixed it for them

Wikipedia, that's where I get my facts. :sarcasm

The question that I keep wondering, though, is how well would Turner handle being an assistant after being a head coach, especially when the man who he's under has no head coaching experience? If he's a humble man, which his interviews and such would seem to indicate, it wouldn't be much of a problem. But ego is ego, and everyone has one of a varied size. This staff would be dream come true for me, especially if you could get someone like the LSU linebacker/ST coach with all he recruiting ties to come on board as DC. As long as Bo is around, the defense becomes less of a concern regardless of the coordinator. With an offensive mind like Turner in the mix, I think we could see an amazing turnaround from this season.

As for continuity, if they can get a 9-10 win season next year with perhaps a Big XII Championship appearance, they're solid, provided there's no Callahan-esque relapse in 09.

X

What has Pelini done to deserve this god-like reverence? An Alamo Bowl victory over national powerhouse MSU? Because he showed "fire" on the sidelines and accosted Bill Snyder for scoring 38 points against Pelini's unstoppable D? Becasue his defense has been so overpowering this year they held Alabama to 43 Auburn to 24 Kentucky to 43 and Arkansas to 50?

If NU hires Pelini he will be gone within 4 years.

I don't have a God-like reverence for Bo Pelini. He's created monster defenses everywhere he's set foot. This is a well documented fact. On top of this his players would run through walls for him. He inspires people. When I look at the current needs of the team, motivation the top among them, he's an immediate light bulb because of his ability and availability. You point to a few games where his defense broke down (it happens, ask anyone, including McBride), one of which was against the greatest running back in college football.

Conversely, what has he done to get such devil-like animosity form you scant minority of naysayers? Is he the best fit? I don't know, but simple reasons would seem to indicate it. With Osborne helping him out and perhaps Gill running the offense, I have plain reasons for a lot of optimism. Any coaching decision is subject to the same stupid nitpicking you just did, but for those of us who live in the real world, Pelini at the very least makes a certain sort of sense.

Naysayer yes i am. The man has showed that he lacks class. One thing about Callahan is even after being drubbed senseless he had no problem with the other coaching staff scoring. Bo couldnt handle KSU putting up 38. He will not make a great HC his temprement is that of a firey DC.

Yeah, and considering that people never change or mature, I see your point. Never mind, Pelini is definitely a bad choice. One incident of a temper has shown me the light.

Good Lord, this is about as original as Friday the 13th Part 10. Get some new material. All the arguments against Pelini that your small faction reaches for are tired and worn. Again, you might be right, but based upon everything you've presented so far, you'll have trouble gaterhing followers. If Tom Osborne hands him the job will you still be skeptical? If the man himself grants Pelini and Co. his blessing, would that assuage some of your fears?

X

X

What has Pelini done to deserve this god-like reverence? An Alamo Bowl victory over national powerhouse MSU? Because he showed "fire" on the sidelines and accosted Bill Snyder for scoring 38 points against Pelini's unstoppable D? Becasue his defense has been so overpowering this year they held Alabama to 43 Auburn to 24 Kentucky to 43 and Arkansas to 50?

I don't have a God-like reverence for Bo Pelini. He's created monster defenses everywhere he's set foot. This is a well documented fact. On top of this his players would run through walls for him. He inspires people. When I look at the current needs of the team, motivation the top among them, he's an immediate light bulb because of his ability and availability. You point to a few games where his defense broke down (it happens, ask anyone, including McBride), one of which was against the greatest running back in college football.

Conversely, what has he done to get such devil-like animosity form you scant minority of naysayers? Is he the best fit? I don't know, but simple reasons would seem to indicate it. With Osborne helping him out and perhaps Gill running the offense, I have plain reasons for a lot of optimism. Any coaching decision is subject to the same stupid nitpicking you just did, but for those of us who live in the real world, Pelini at the very least makes a certain sort of sense.

Naysayer yes i am. The man has showed that he lacks class. One thing about Callahan is even after being drubbed senseless he had no problem with the other coaching staff scoring. Bo couldnt handle KSU putting up 38. He will not make a great HC his temprement is that of a firey DC.

Yeah, and considering that people never change or mature, I see your point. Never mind, Pelini is definitely a bad choice. One incident of a temper has shown me the light.

Good Lord, this is about as original as Friday the 13th Part 10. Get some new material. All the arguments against Pelini that your small faction reaches for are tired and worn. Again, you might be right, but based upon everything you've presented so far, you'll have trouble gaterhing followers. If Tom Osborne hands him the job will you still be skeptical? If the man himself grants Pelini and Co. his blessing, would that assuage some of your fears?

X

No it wouldn't. Pelini is the wrong guy at the wrong time. But hey I'm just a sports fan what do I know. As far as gathering a small faction of naysayers or followers.............I believe the term would be space monkeys. :corndance

And here we go again with the planes...

http://nebraska.statepaper.com/vnews/displ...5/4749cd307e9d9

And of course there is no chance that there might be a business reason for a company owned plane to fly somewhere. I gave up believing these kinds of rumors because I think people are spreading them to throw everyone off the trail of what is really happening. What that is, other than a head hunting firm starting the search, I have no idea.

:hellloooo:hellloooo:nutz:hellloooo

I'm fairly certain return flight plans aren't required to filed. You can essentially walk into the airfield mgmt office and file your flight plan within minutes of departure.

Doesn't answer the other questions. Hope this is to interview Bo, as I think he could be very good (or really, really bad). Also, I don't hold out much hope on his interviewing skills, he has interviewed for HC jobs in the past and seems to have blown the interviews.

Flight plans are a must, there's no doubt about that. But Continental is a major airline carrier. A whole different ball game IMO. Private planes I think aren't required to do that. I worked with a guy who was a private pilot and he would fly some of the others at work to different job sites. Most times he called in his flight plan about 15 minutes prior to take-off.

X

X

I would think that if morality, or maturity issues, lack of class or character were still an issue with Pelini (as it could possibly have been an issue for him in the past) then I'd think that Osborne would hesitate and likely not offer --- though Osborne is a real 2nd chance kind of guy (re: Lawrence Phillips, etc.) --- so you never know. So, who can say. We just support whoever shows up and hope for the best. FWIW, Pelini would not be a top 5 choice for me --- but what do I know.

i am just thinking TO would like to see Turner back as OC or assistant head coach, knowing in about 5-6 years from now, the orderly transistion to Turner as the next HC would soldify the coaching issues at NU for the forseeable future.

knowing how much Tom and everyone else desires stability in the program, this sure could be his ideal scenario.

Great point Hunter. This could definately be the best case scenario, but who would be our defensive coordinator???