Pelini is on the plane

http://www.action3news.com/Global/story.as...p;nav=menu550_2

Husker Coaching Search: Plane In Atlanta

A private plane owned by Norfolk Iron & Metal has flown from Lincoln to Baton Rouge, and from Baton Rouge to Atlanta Sunday. The Lincoln Journal Star is reporting that University of Nebraska Chancellor Harvey Perlman and interim Athletic Director Tom Osborne are on the twin-engine Cessna.

LSU Defensive Coordinator Bo Pelini boarded the plane in Baton Rouge. The eight-seater is scheduled to land at Atlanta's Fulton County airport at 7:52 EST.

Buffalo Head Coach Turner Gill is also set to interview for the Nebraska Job. Buffalo Athletic Director Warde Manuel offered his support for Gill, saying he's worked hard and deserves an opportunity to interview with Osborne.

Reported By: Matt Seigel

Geez, if I had known they were going to pick up Bo, I should have had them stop in Dallas and pick me up too. I need to see some Rhodesian Ridgeback pups that are in Atlanta. It wouldn't have been much out of the way for them. Besides, I could have helped them with the interview.

It seems like the domino's are starting to fall. Personaly, I am hoping for a Pelini/Gill combo. Pelini as HC and Gill as OC. As others have said, Gill could easily make more money here as an OC than he does at Buffalo.

I am already excited for next year, I realize it will take awhile. I am sure you all agree, I can't wait till others schools," hate to play us because they feel it for two or three weeks afterward." I am not expecting a NC anytime soon, but anything is possible, Stoops did it. :restore

It has to be because of the neutral site. Some people in Nebraska have been wetting themselves everytime there is a rumor that Pelini was in Lincoln (I have lost count on how many times Pelini supposedly landed in the state). If he came there for the interview, it would be a madhouse.

I like the thought of Pelini as the HC, he is not perfect, but I think with the right assistants and TO to guide him/them, they could do very well. Problem is, some around here have made him a God and he hasn't even turned the program around yet.

I am old enouph to remember TO coaching us in the Seventies and people wanted his head there for alittle bit. He didn't reach icon status until over twenty years into his coaching career. We need to see what Pelini can do first (If he gets the job)and give him time before we diefy him.

It has to be because of the neutral site. Some people in Nebraska have been wetting themselves everytime there is a rumor that Pelini was in Lincoln (I have lost count on how many times Pelini supposedly landed in the state). If he came there for the interview, it would be a madhouse.

I like the thought of Pelini as the HC, he is not perfect, but I think with the right assistants and TO to guide him/them, they could do very well. Problem is, some around here have made him a God and he hasn't even turned the program around yet.

I am old enouph to remember TO coaching us in the Seventies and people wanted his head there for alittle bit. He didn't reach icon status until over twenty years into his coaching career. We need to see what Pelini can do first (If he gets the job)and give him time before we diefy him.

And be fair about it. I Think Bo would be a nice hire...maybe not the best. But he's young enough to learn and grow with his program. Definately has the potential to win a few conference titles and a NC or two. In the mean time 8 or 9 wins a year in the early years will be very nice.

Turner coming back will be nice too. But to me it would be a terrific thing if he stayed at Buffalo and turned them into a great team. I'd enjoy seeing a basement team like them get good. Hope they get a great coach if Turner comes back.

I was kind of looking forward to Ohio-Buffalo becoming a notable rivalry :)

So why do you think they went to Atlanta? I don't know if there's an obvious answer to this, but my only thought is that they wanted a neutral location to avoid the distractions of local media and fans. Any thoughts on this?

My only thought would be that the search firm is in Atlanta.

Yeah, I guess it makes sense to conduct the interviews at the firm's office since you don't want TO running around the country or to have the candidates flying into Lincoln with all of the local craziness. It's better to have the candidates all come to Atlanta. Boy, it's good to see that TO is not making the same mistake Pedey made in this regard.

And be fair about it. I Think Bo would be a nice hire...maybe not the best. But he's young enough to learn and grow with his program. Definately has the potential to win a few conference titles and a NC or two. In the mean time 8 or 9 wins a year in the early years will be very nice.

Turner coming back will be nice too. But to me it would be a terrific thing if he stayed at Buffalo and turned them into a great team. I'd enjoy seeing a basement team like them get good. Hope they get a great coach if Turner comes back.

I was kind of looking forward to Ohio-Buffalo becoming a notable rivalry :)

Yeah, starting the nine wins or more streak again would be nice, but need to be patient. I was always so proud of the many records we held. Consecutive seasons of nine wins or more, consecutive bowls games and so on. I loved to point those out to the :asshat around here who think that outside of the littleten (eleven if you count Penstate, of course who said people around here could count) there is no football. Anyway, here's to hoping we start some streaks again. :w00t

although it is all speculation at this point, for me, the Pelini hire would be most satisfying if Gill would come in as OC. this combo should be good in the long run, but don't expect more than 6-7 wins next year, as they both will be feeling their way through new waters.

then if it works and Pelini wants to move on, Turner would be right there ready to take over. although some don't like Pelini, it would ensure a bit of continuity in coaching here for probably the next 10-15 years.

maybe not such a bad thing, even if we have to "pay" a little up front in terms of immediate success.