Pelini is on the plane

So why do you think they went to Atlanta? I don't know if there's an obvious answer to this, but my only thought is that they wanted a neutral location to avoid the distractions of local media and fans. Any thoughts on this?

My only thought would be that the search firm is in Atlanta.

Also, the SEC championship is in Atlanta, and LSU will be in the SEC championship.

So why do you think they went to Atlanta? I don't know if there's an obvious answer to this, but my only thought is that they wanted a neutral location to avoid the distractions of local media and fans. Any thoughts on this?

Also, the SEC championship is in Atlanta, and LSU will be in the SEC championship.

Yeah, but that game's a week away.

ik its a week away. I just thought it was a little weird that they picked a search firm all the way in atlanta just a week before Bo Pelini was going to be there. There are lots of neutral locations besides atlanta. TO might not be in ATL when Bo is, but the search firm still will be. I don't know how much of an influence, however, they will have on Bo. I think Bleeding Husker Red is just trying to make me look stupid. :)

ik its a week away. I just thought it was a little weird that they picked a search firm all the way in atlanta just a week before Bo Pelini was going to be there. There are lots of neutral locations besides atlanta. TO might not be in ATL when Bo is, but the search firm still will be. I don't know how much of an influence, however, they will have on Bo. I think Bleeding Husker Red is just trying to make me look stupid. :)

I am not! :)

Maybe so Bo can sign the contract after the SEC title game?

Man this is moving one hell of a lot faster than I thought it would. I was expecting this to take at least 40 or so days. :sarcasm So I forgot that was how Pede did things. God I can't wait till we find out. I have to go with the Bo/Gill connection. Bo HC and DC. Gill, set free, to run his offense and AHC. That would kick so much ass.

Seems T.O. wants to grab Bo before anybody else gets to him..!! Let's go BO!!!!!!!!!! Let's go BO...!!!!!!!!!! :woo

:yeah

although it is all speculation at this point, for me, the Pelini hire would be most satisfying if Gill would come in as OC. this combo should be good in the long run, but don't expect more than 6-7 wins next year, as they both will be feeling their way through new waters.

then if it works and Pelini wants to move on, Turner would be right there ready to take over. although some don't like Pelini, it would ensure a bit of continuity in coaching here for probably the next 10-15 years.

maybe not such a bad thing, even if we have to "pay" a little up front in terms of immediate success.

I've been thinking about this, and if I'm Bo Pelini I don't want Turner Gill on my staff (unless they're good friends, and I have no idea about that), because if stuff doesn't go "the right way" you've got your successor right there on staff waiting to take your job.

They chose this firm because this is the one that Pearlman used when finding a new commissioner for the Big XII last year and he if familiar with it. I wouldnt read to much into it other then that.

although it is all speculation at this point, for me, the Pelini hire would be most satisfying if Gill would come in as OC. this combo should be good in the long run, but don't expect more than 6-7 wins next year, as they both will be feeling their way through new waters.

then if it works and Pelini wants to move on, Turner would be right there ready to take over. although some don't like Pelini, it would ensure a bit of continuity in coaching here for probably the next 10-15 years.

maybe not such a bad thing, even if we have to "pay" a little up front in terms of immediate success.

I've been thinking about this, and if I'm Bo Pelini I don't want Turner Gill on my staff (unless they're good friends, and I have no idea about that), because if stuff doesn't go "the right way" you've got your successor right there on staff waiting to take your job.

No one is going to accept the job as Head Coach and then have the AD tell him who his Asst. Head Coach will be. The HC chooses his staff - period.

No one is going to accept the job as Head Coach and then have the AD tell him who his Asst. Head Coach will be. The HC chooses his staff - period.

Yeah, I think we all get that. The speculation is that since Gill and Pelini previously worked together, and Gill is part of the Husker family, that Pelini might ask Gill to be the OC and Asst. HC. No one is suggesting that Osborne is going to force any assistant on the new HC, whoever it might be.

I have to think that if Pellini accompanied Osborne on the flight to Atlanta, that Pellini is the new head coach. Does that sound right?

The reports that I've read is that Osborne and Perlman interviewed Bo in Baton Rouge, then flew to Atlanta for the other interview(s). Otherwise they would have simply met Bo in Atlanta instead of picking him up like a carpool. I'm guessing the reason for that is to not take Bo away from his SEC championship preparations.

I have to think that if Pellini accompanied Osborne on the flight to Atlanta, that Pellini is the new head coach. Does that sound right?

The reports that I've read is that Osborne and Perlman interviewed Bo in Baton Rouge, then flew to Atlanta for the other interview(s). Otherwise they would have simply met Bo in Atlanta instead of picking him up like a carpool. I'm guessing the reason for that is to not take Bo away from his SEC championship preparations.

So, Pellini boarded the plane for an interview, and then debarked before it left for Atlanta? Sorry, but the story wasn't clear on that. A speedy hire (of any good collegiate coach) would be great for the Huskers, though. Maybe we can get some of those recruits back on board.