Mendenhall, Petersen, Pelini, and others..

A friend who works for our athletic department (BYU) heard a rumor that your AD has asked to interview our coach (Bronco Mendenhall) after our last game against SDSU. Confirm? Apparently that with the retirement of Carr, that Pelini might be a tough get, and that with A&M, Ole Miss, UCLA / Wazzu (possible), that Petersen from BSU will be in high demand as well.

Thoughts?

A friend who works for our athletic department (BYU) heard a rumor that your AD has asked to interview our coach (Bronco Mendenhall) after our last game against SDSU. Confirm? Apparently that with the retirement of Carr, that Pelini might be a tough get, and that with A&M, Ole Miss, UCLA / Wazzu (possible), that Petersen from BSU will be in high demand as well.

Thoughts?

I think ESPN or Sports Illustrated listed him as a prime candidate 4 or 5 weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything on him since then.

I also heard here in West Texas that the fruit cake Mike Leach is a top contendor for the HC job at UCLA.

Once again the BCS schools are going to be raiding non-BCS schools for HCs. It happened to Utah with Urban Meyer and Hawkins from BSU. I'm afraid that both Petersen at BSU and Bronco are next.

I also heard here in West Texas that the fruit cake Mike Leach is a top contendor for the HC job at UCLA.

2 things on that.

1. That job isnt open yet.

2. I thought Norvell was going to be a top choice if Dorell was fired which is why he left.

Anyone else heard anything on this?

Yes you are correct but I live next door to a avid Bruins alum who seems to know the dirt on his team. He has heard that things are not so great with the Bruins HC and has heard from his "sources" that Leach is wanted there. Take it for what it's worth. Besides, Norvell has ZERO experience and the "playstation offense" that Mike Leach runs is wanted in UCLA. Again 3rd hand info on my part.

2 things on that.

2. I thought Norvell was going to be a top choice if Dorell was fired which is why he left.

Yes you are correct but I live next door to a avid Bruins alum who seems to know the dirt on his team. He has heard that things are not so great with the Bruins HC and has heard from his "sources" that Leach is wanted there. Take it for what it's worth. Besides, Norvell has ZERO experience and the "playstation offense" that Mike Leach runs is wanted in UCLA. Again 3rd hand info on my part.

cool....thanks for the info. Id be more then happy to hear some more if you have it.

2 things on that.

Playstation offense...good for about one good win and one horrible loss a year.

2 things on that.

Playstation offense...good for about one good win and one horrible loss a year.

But it IS LA. And Leach and his Tech team are nothing if not entertaining. Leach's personality is a perfect fit for LA. ANd with the caliber athlete he could get at WR there, that would scare me.

Peterson from Boise State will definitely be a candidate if UCLA opens up. I'd say Leach is behind him but would also be a candidate. Norvell will not be a candidate. Those that want Dorrell out would want Norvell out as well. The UCLA offense has been the problem. I live in southern CA and a local show even mentioned Callahan as a possible candidate at UCLA which I would never see happening. The sentiment from UCLA fans is that Dorrell's west coast offense has not worked and Norvell gets criticism on this also. The Dorrell apologists point to the fact UCLA has had massive injuries at QB this year. If Dorrell can upset USC again this year that will save his job. If USC blows him out, then he is likely gone. If it is a tight game and they still lose, this thing could go either way...I'd say they'd then likley see if they can get a big catch before letting Dorrell go. If so, he is gone...if not, then they keep him.