There is still one more Callahan in the Big 12 North

In order to make myself feel better about life, I decided to do some semi-trolling on a KSUcks board. Everyone is bitching about Prince. What struck me is that some of the KSUcks discussion points were eerily similar to what we've been discussing here for two months. Here is a post that I left for them to chew on.

I don't like KSU, Just like you guys don't like NU, but let me help wake you up. The similarities between your Coach Prince and our ex-Coach Clownahan are unmistakeable.

1. Better than average recruiter: Get's reasonably good recruits on the basis of false promises, and runs players out of town that don't fit his ideal vision.

2. Lot's of BS and Coach Speak: Prince and Callahan both like to speak technically when they make up excuses for lack of performance.

3. ASSumptions: Both coaches assume that all players that they recruit should be able to play at a high level simply because of their genius x's and o's plan.

4. An NFL mentality: Both these guys figure that their players should be able to adapt with little or no help. It's all the players fault for not "executing." Its never the coaches fault for not teaching basic fundamentals.

5. Inability to Develop Players: Marlon Lucky was ***** out of high school. He has developed little to average as a player due to poor coaching and has plateaued to a degree. The same may happen to Freeman. There is no reason to recruit a ***** athlete out of high school if the same player will still be a top "high school" athlete after 4-5 years of college.

6. Inability to motivate: What's one thing that KSU and NU have in common? When losing by 7-10 pts, each team gives up. Why? Coaches do not properly motivate the kids, so they go soft. I saw it all year and I know you saw it this month.

7. Life in fantasy land: The foremost thing that Callahan and Prince have in common is that they both feel like they are doing an excellent job at all times, and damn the players and the media if they dare to think otherwise.

There you have it. Don't worry, Cats fans. Your boosters will eventually oust your A.D. Bill Snyder will become the A.D. He will fire Prince. He and Osborne will then have a beer together.

Snyder actually hand picked Prince, so I wouldn't be on him firing him. Second, Prince lost all my respect when I heard he made all of his players and assistant coaches run stairs while he sat on his fat a$$ and watched because practice wasn't going good. I'm all for making everyone run, but his fat a$$ should have been running also.

In order to make myself feel better about life, I decided to do some semi-trolling on a KSUcks board. Everyone is bitching about Prince. What struck me is that some of the KSUcks discussion points were eerily similar to what we've been discussing here for two months. Here is a post that I left for them to chew on.

I don't like KSU, Just like you guys don't like NU, but let me help wake you up. The similarities between your Coach Prince and our ex-Coach Clownahan are unmistakeable.

1. Better than average recruiter: Get's reasonably good recruits on the basis of false promises, and runs players out of town that don't fit his ideal vision.

2. Lot's of BS and Coach Speak: Prince and Callahan both like to speak technically when they make up excuses for lack of performance.

3. ASSumptions: Both coaches assume that all players that they recruit should be able to play at a high level simply because of their genius x's and o's plan.

4. An NFL mentality: Both these guys figure that their players should be able to adapt with little or no help. It's all the players fault for not "executing." Its never the coaches fault for not teaching basic fundamentals.

5. Inability to Develop Players: Marlon Lucky was ***** out of high school. He has developed little to average as a player due to poor coaching and has plateaued to a degree. The same may happen to Freeman. There is no reason to recruit a ***** athlete out of high school if the same player will still be a top "high school" athlete after 4-5 years of college.

6. Inability to motivate: What's one thing that KSU and NU have in common? When losing by 7-10 pts, each team gives up. Why? Coaches do not properly motivate the kids, so they go soft. I saw it all year and I know you saw it this month.

7. Life in fantasy land: The foremost thing that Callahan and Prince have in common is that they both feel like they are doing an excellent job at all times, and damn the players and the media if they dare to think otherwise.

There you have it. Don't worry, Cats fans. Your boosters will eventually oust your A.D. Bill Snyder will become the A.D. He will fire Prince. He and Osborne will then have a beer together.

one difference, Prince has 2 signature wins over Texas in 2 years. Cally couldn't get a win over a bunch of arthritic old ladies. his record against rated teams was 3-25, OVER 4 YEARS!

I had to reread this two times before I realized that you meant "5-star recruit" and not a word that the censors were editing out.

I just woke up. :LOLtartar

I had to reread this two times before I realized that you meant "5-star recruit" and not a word that the censors were editing out.

I just woke up. :LOLtartar

Prince appears to be a dictator and hard###.

Yes Prince has two great wins over Texas....however there are some not so great losses against a bottom feeder Iowa State team, Fresno State, getting blown out by an average Nebraska team and playing against one of the worst defenses in the NCAA. I'm all about giving credit where credit is due, but there are some flat out embarassing losses for Prince as well.

When Prince came to KSU he looked to me like another John Blake, a first-rate line-coach/recruiter that was over his head as a HC. He was meh when promoted to Virginia's OC. Ya there is the rare Bohl that is a better HC than coordinator but that is the exception not the rule.

A better-coached team would've played us way closer. Why the hell wouldn't you have Freeman running the read-option that everyone else had been tearing us up with? The 3-4 was just a bad idea, by the second-half of the season everybody had it figured-out and was gouging it.

IMO they should've used Snyder's input on potential candidates more. They could've had Gary Patterson for piss-sakes. He is an old KSU-guy.

You know, Prince might have gotten himself into trouble with his juco and 5-star recruits . . . much like Callahan did. You have to think that the 4- and 5-year QB's at KSU aren't too impressed with Princes preordination of Freeman.

This is a very definite possibiliity...good players at KSU who have busted their tails for several years aren't going to be thrilled about being replaed by someone who has been told they are going to automatically play.

I often question the wisdom of recruiting the 5-star athletes, the prima donnas. As Matt Davison alluded to, these are the guys that often play for the name on the back of the jersey instead of the one on the front. It has shown in the attitude of the KSU players.