TO and Perlman arrives back in Lincoln

And there is no sign of a coach like there was going to be one. So does it look like there will be a day 2 in the interview process and what time will that start tomorrow since there is a player meeting which TO is suppose to show up at. Ummmm this is getting interesting and very aggravating at the same time.

I don't think they were going to a pick a guy after one day. Everyone always says "why rush the process" Even if they announce someone by Friday that seems pretty quick to me...less than a week.

I agree to a certian point. Look around the nation and there are a lot of HC jobs open at this point. Although you don't want to rush into anything, you inturn run the risk of losing your number 1 choice.

This is a gut feeling, Pelini isn't coming here.

I really hope you're right. I wanted Bo after Solich was fired. But the more I've thought about it and looked at other potential candidates, the more I feel uneasy about him being our head coach. I would feel so much better with Grobe, Johnson, or Gill. Grobe is probably my #1 realistic candidate right now. But at the end of the day I fully trust TO with whatever decision he makes.

I don't think they were going to a pick a guy after one day. Everyone always says "why rush the process" Even if they announce someone by Friday that seems pretty quick to me...less than a week.

I agree to a certian point. Look around the nation and there are a lot of HC jobs open at this point. Although you don't want to rush into anything, you inturn run the risk of losing your number 1 choice.

If our number one is Turner, we're not at risk of losing him to another HC opportunity. :corndance

We're the only ones enamored with him and I haven't a clue why. Sure, he's got ties. Sure, he's done a bit of a turnaround job. But talk about a gamble.

I am very neutral on coaching choices.....as I don't have all the information or the one doing the hiring haha. However, when you look at Gill or maybe another one or two of the candidates, there is something I have kept in mind. It is one thing to go to a no name school that has always had little to no wins and take a gutter team to a .500 record or even a winning season for that matter. It is another thing to come into Nebraska and think it will be just as easy. When you start with nothing, any progress looks good especially in a low level conference as well. The Big 12 is one of the tougher conferences out there. Many have said this is an intimidating job....it's not very everyone.

If our number one is Turner, we're not at risk of losing him to another HC opportunity. :corndance

We're the only ones enamored with him and I haven't a clue why. Sure, he's got ties. Sure, he's done a bit of a turnaround job. But talk about a gamble.

I agree with you there as well! I have nothing personal against Turner Gill I just don't want him as our HC.

Thing is, why use an agency to just go after Bo? Just to keep appearances of a big search up?

Why was Hawks flying in? Was he acting as a regent or a money-man? Probably a grey-area there.

What were the meetings in Atlanta about?

It will be interesting to see how things shake-out.

They met Pelini in Baton Rouge because he was not leaving town while LSU was getting ready for the SEC championship game. They went onto Atlanta because that is where the search firm is. Now, it seems that Sunday evening a plane from a charter company that files out of the same Baton Rouge airfield that the NU plane was at dispatched one of their planes that was in FL to Winston-Salem and brought someone to a different Atlanta airport. No word on who, or if it had any bearing, and no word on a return trip to Winston-Salem. Some people think this may mean Grobe came to Atlanta, but there is no proof.

I am not sure we will hear anything tomorrow, or even Wednesday. I have a feeling that if we do, it will not be Bo because he has commitments that he will need to fulfill.