When do blackshirts come back?

Hskr86

wondering... now that blackshirts have officially been taken off by the '07 team, and with new coaching (whoever that may be) needing to fully accept the 'Nebraska Way' as a prerequisite; exactly when and how is the blackshirt tradition reinstated?

easy... 20 sacks a game, 3 defensive TDs a game and 1 Roughing the Passer calls per game just to add insult to injury.

they should be earned and awarded by play each week.

they should be hard to get and hard to keep. it should mean something if you earn one, they should not be just handed out like coz did.

he pissed all over the tradition, especially this year.

Coz followed the true tradition of the blackshirts: every starter gets one at the beginning of the year. That's how it's always been. Problem was, when those guys couldn't perform anymore, he should have taken them away. Do you guys not remember that the whole premise of the blackshirts was to make the starting D stand out? <_<

they should be hard to get and hard to keep. it should mean something if you earn one, they should not be just handed out like coz did.

Coz followed the true tradition of the blackshirts: every starter gets one at the beginning of the year. That's how it's always been. Problem was, when those guys couldn't perform anymore, he should have taken them away. Do you guys not remember that the whole premise of the blackshirts was to make the starting D stand out? <_<

I have to say I fundamentally agree with ya... given this quite a bit of thought. Blackshirts are after all a defensive 'team' thing. It would be a different tradition if it was purely recognizing individual accomplishments. Guys get 'coverage' sacks, picks happen when a QB is scrambling for his life, backers pick up great hits because a stellar rush-end was requiring double/triple coverage... and on and on. My question is this; should the D be held to some list of team goals to again wear the blackshirts? (my start of list within 'game' scenarios - 2 interceptions; 4 sacks; 2 consecutive shutouts; ranked opponent held to 14 points; etc...)

have at it.

No kidding.. all of these people around here screaming about callahan burning down traditions then when you suggest one might be kept next year.. "OH no,no,no,no!"....

The tradition is just prior to the first game. Doesn't mean they can't be revoked. Also, I did say PROBABLY in my last post in this thread. I'm guessing at this point.

in essence that is what i was trying to say, they should not have had the option to keep them after the dismal slide began, it was totally embarassing to even refer to the blackshirt tradition at NU. cos sat on his hands and just watched the whole f'ing D implode and did nothing about it.......loser!

wondering... now that blackshirts have officially been taken off by the '07 team, and with new coaching (whoever that may be) needing to fully accept the 'Nebraska Way' as a prerequisite; exactly when and how is the blackshirt tradition reinstated?

They don't get their blackshirts back until they play with emotion, play physical and play like they care about their team mates and coaches and care about the University of Nebraska and care about all the fans who care about them. They don't get anything back until they prove they can stop any offense, I don't care who in the hell they are. That or at least compete with any team in the country and not like a bunch of pansies just waiting for the game to get over...