attitude towards new coach?

When the new coach is hired what will everyones attitude be for him? I am going to say it will be either Gill, Pelini, Kelly etc...is there anyone thats a candidate that you will be bitter toward for the hire? Callahan had a lot of people who were against him so I'm just curious what everyone will be like when the new coach is hired since we have a solid idea on who it will be...for me, I'm really not going to lose any of sleep if we hire any of the candidates that have been named.

Everyone will be optimistic and excited at first. Always.

Then a few years later...all that goodwill is gone.

Let's see how this goes. I ask everyone to just have more patience. You don't bring a program back to glory by being impatient and breaking things down and firing people every few years. TO is here to right this ship.

Let's see how this goes. I ask everyone to just have more patience. You don't bring a program back to glory by being impatient and breaking things down and firing people every few years. TO is here to right this ship.

You're implying here that there was something wrong with getting rid of Callahan, and there wasn't. He wasn't a Husker, he never will be a Husker, and he will never care that he's not. We have an established culture here that he did not embrace. It was his own choice to behave that way, and it got him the door.

Quite frankly, I don't care if we win the MNC three of the next four years - if the coach isn't a Husker, he can leave too for all I would care.

I didn't expect Callahans offense to produce early, which it didn't and gave him time. This coach I may not wait as long for at least on the offensive side. To me, he's getting a handful of talent to coach. He will certainly have a good layout and lets just hope he utilizes the players well. If he can, we can be pretty darn good.

When the new coach is hired what will everyones attitude be for him? I am going to say it will be either Gill, Pelini, Kelly etc...is there anyone thats a candidate that you will be bitter toward for the hire? Callahan had a lot of people who were against him so I'm just curious what everyone will be like when the new coach is hired since we have a solid idea on who it will be...for me, I'm really not going to lose any of sleep if we hire any of the candidates that have been named.

It will be interesting to see if the fan base by large will be more patient with a new coach considering our former experience. I like to think we've learned from that experience. Of course there will always be those impatient ones but hopefully the majority of the fans will support any coach Tom Osborne chooses as we trust his judgement. I think it will be easier if a coach with Nebraska ties is hired but that person may not be the best fit. Again, Dr. Tom knows what he's about and we shall just have to wait and see.

My optimism ends after you allow your team to get beat 70-10.

I know that a high standard for some people, but thats how I roll. :)

I'll be uneasy about it if Jim Grobe is named the new head coach. The guys a good coach no doubt, & seems like a likable guy, but I'm a bit uneasy about hiring a guy who's 0-2 against Callahan when there are candidates who are just as good out there. If Turner Gill is the new HC, then I will think that TO hired him just b/c they're buddies (even if thats not the case) & I will be upset. I hope either Bo Pelini or Brian Kelly gets the nod.

Also, someone posted on rumorville that Bill Cowher is interested in the job (dont know if its true) but if it is he would be an awesome hire. I wouldn't mind seeing Lane Kiffin as the new HC either.