Wouldn't Gill be named the Coach already?

Wouldn't Gill be named coach already? They can't name Pelini the coach b/c he still has a game left. Gill is done. They are announcing a new coach next week. isn't it obvious?

That's the general assumption right now. Seems like Gill would be in place and recruiting already if he were the guy.

Of course, Paul Johnson still has a game left, too.

Wouldn't Gill be named coach already? They can't name Pelini the coach b/c he still has a game left. Gill is done. They are announcing a new coach next week. isn't it obvious?

I think that is right. Of course, as others have said, Johnson has the Army-Navy game left on Saturday so maybe T.O. is going to interview him next week.

Other than that, I don't see why T.O. is out visiting recruits instead of visiting with prospective coaches.

Bottom line: It seems logical that it is either Pelini or Johnson. Nothing else seems to make sense.

(except for the cloning experiment)

I think that is right. Of course, as others have said, Johnson has the Army-Navy game left on Saturday so maybe T.O. is going to interview him next week.

Other than that, I don't see why T.O. is out visiting recruits instead of visiting with prospective coaches.

Bottom line: It seems logical that it is either Pelini or Johnson. Nothing else seems to make sense.

(except for the cloning experiment)

Love the Army/Navy game. Always have.

I think TO spoke about moving along fairly well with the process and they want to make sure they have everything covered before they make an announcement. (clever word)

Well, even if it was Gill, it could be useful for TO to name himself Interim Head Coach, go visit some key recruits, then name Gill as Head Coach, who would then be able to go make another visit to the same kids. Delaying the announcement for a few days for all this to take place would help shore up the recruiting class by getting extra face time with the recruits.