TO recruiting Buffalo commit

I know all is fair in love, war and recruiting, but it surprised me to see TO visit a kid who is already committed to Turner Gill's Buffalo team. TO wants to stress the homegrown kids and the kid is from Millard North, but it sure would make for an awkward moment when this kid has to call TG and say TO has basically talked him out of Buffalo by talking him into NU. If there was one kid who would be "hands off" for TO it would be this kid IMO. Am I being unrealistic here or is TO just making sure the kid knows NU is interested so when he finds out his coach (Gill) is going to be there (NU) it will seal the deal. I believe this says something about who our next coach may be, at least more so than some baseless rumor.

On the other hand, TO could have been just making sure he knew NU was thinking about him, should he decide later Buffalo wasn't for him.

And it looks like TO has still not met with Collins Okafor.

I know all is fair in love, war and recruiting, but it surprised me to see TO visit a kid who is already committed to Turner Gill's Buffalo team. TO wants to stress the homegrown kids and the kid is from Millard North, but it sure would make for an awkward moment when this kid has to call TG and say TO has basically talked him out of Buffalo by talking him into NU. If there was one kid who would be "hands off" for TO it would be this kid IMO. Am I being unrealistic here or is TO just making sure the kid knows NU is interested so when he finds out his coach (Gill) is going to be there (NU) it will seal the deal. I believe this says something about who our next coach may be, at least more so than some baseless rumor.

On the other hand, TO could have been just making sure he knew NU was thinking about him, should he decide later Buffalo wasn't for him.

And it looks like TO has still not met with Collins Okafor.

I would think that Osborne is trying to reconnect with all of the Nebraska high school programs that have been neglected during the Callahan years (from now on known as, "the Dark Era"). TO is simply trying to take back what is rightfully NU's. TG would understand this better than anyone. It would be an egregious mistake for TO not to try and keep all worthy Nebraska kids at NU.

I would think that Osborne is trying to reconnect with all of the Nebraska high school programs that have been neglected during the Callahan years (from now on known as, "the Dark Era"). TO is simply trying to take back what is rightfully NU's. TG would understand this better than anyone. It would be an egregious mistake for TO not to try and keep all worthy Nebraska kids at NU.

You might be right, but like I said it will be awkward for TO to have to call Gill and say "sorry you didn't get the job and I just stole 1/3* of your recruits for next year. Bye."

Buffalo has 3 kids committed for the 2008 class.