If Turner comes, do we then get some Buffalo commits?

No offense, but I think the better question is if Pelini comes, do we get some LSU commits? I was going to start a thread on this earlier, but figured it's already been discussed. But with LSU losing Miles and then if Pelini comes to NU, I would image one or two LSU commits might come with him. Thoughts?

No offense, but I think the better question is if Pelini comes, do we get some LSU commits? I was going to start a thread on this earlier, but figured it's already been discussed. But with LSU losing Miles and then if Pelini comes to NU, I would image one or two LSU commits might come with him. Thoughts?

Doubtful. He hasn't even recruited any of them.

Well, according to rivals (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/commitlist.asp?SID=880&Year=2008&School=110) Buffalo has 3 commits so far and we're already talking with one, Brian Thorson, the other are both 2 star players (DE and ATH)

COMMITTED/NOT YET SIGNED Pos Stars Ht Wt 40 RR Video Hometown

Keith Hunt DE 6-1 225 - 5.1 Paterson, NJ

Brian Thorson OL 6-3 274 5.53 5.2 Omaha, NE

Darius Willis ATH 6-2 234 4.5 5.4 Aldine, TX

If Turner Gill gets the Job, and I for one am hoping he does (for the simple fact that he can bring some tradition back, and he is a heck of a recruiter) who are some possible assistants? Do you think there would be any possibility of Ron Brown Returning? Who would be the Defensive coordinator? Any thoughts?

Well this guy thinks Gill is a heck of a recruiter, so I'm sure he's got the best heading for Buffalo. Hopefully, he can sway them towards Nebraska. :sarcasm

Wait a second. It's very logical. There could be a HS junior QB or WR stud in the making that lives out in Buffalo or upstate NY and likes Gill. I dont think the question was about getting the entire team transfered.

I can see it becoming possible. Word on the street is, Gill is a pretty good coach and the fans and players love him. Plus, you never know where the diamond comes from until you smash enough coal.

Are there any good articles on this? I've been wondering what kind of recruiting record Pelini has and what his recruiting role has been at LSU.

Are there any good articles on this? I've been wondering what kind of recruiting record Pelini has and what his recruiting role has been at LSU.

I actually looked at the previous two LSU classes and the current 2008 LSU class on Rivals and it tells you who the recruiter was. Of those three classes Pelini is associated with only one player in the 2007 class.

Jeremy Crabtree did address this a few days ago by saying that Pelini hasn't spent much time out recruiting and spends the time on campus developing his defense.

I actually looked at the previous two LSU classes and the current 2008 LSU class on Rivals and it tells you who the recruiter was. Of those three classes Pelini is associated with only one player in the 2007 class.

Jeremy Crabtree did address this a few days ago by saying that Pelini hasn't spent much time out recruiting and spends the time on campus developing his defense.

It is true that Pelini doesnt do alot of recruiting, but as a head coach i think he will give alittle more of the defensive duties to his DC and spend more time as the CEO of the team, spending time on recruiting, and making sure our offense is on track. If Pelini doesnt do this then he will probably end up like Callahan and be unemployed in a few years.

So if Pelini does become our next coach i think he is smart enough to know we need some defensive talent and hopefully some the of the LSU recruits like his style of defense and Pelini can convince them to come to Lincoln even if Pelini didnt recruit them to LSU.