Pat Forde this morning

Browsed the posts and didn't see this up get today. Apologize if it is.

On ESPN First Take, Pat Forde led off the College FB segment saying that multiple sources have confirmed to him that it's Bo Pelini's job. He said that if it had been Turner Gill, the decision would've been announced already since Buffalo's season is over.

On one hand, I don't quite buy the logic about Gill. Even if it were Gill's job, I think T.O. would've taken the time to interview many candidates, unlike Ole Miss. On the other hand, I generally trust Forde more than most ESPN analysts.

On ESPN First Take, Pat Forde led off the College FB segment saying that multiple sources have confirmed to him that it's Bo Pelini's job. He said that if it had been Turner Gill, the decision would've been announced already since Buffalo's season is over.

On one hand, I don't quite buy the logic about Gill. Even if it were Gill's job, I think T.O. would've taken the time to interview many candidates, unlike Ole Miss. On the other hand, I generally trust Forde more than most ESPN analysts.

Agreed. I'm thinking that there may be at least one more interview to go . . . but, more than likely, contract details are probably still being worked out. I'm thinking Gill; Pellini seems highly unlikely, given Osborne's personality (or, lack thereof).

I'd like to know who these "sources" are. It wouldn't surprise me either way Bo/Turner. However, it appears that they just took the "Gill would have been announced already" theory and ran with it, threw on the "according to multiple sources" and spewed it onto airwaves.

One thing is certain, nobody that knows for sure is going to leak. I mean, TO is working with a SEARCH FIRM. These guys make a living keeping coaching searches under wraps. They wouldn't have a job if they allowed info to leak. So, no.. we're not going to know for sure until an announcement is made.. which by all indications will happen sometime next week.

Another thing is fairly certain.. you can't go wrong picking Bo or Turner. It's probably about 95% certain that it will be one of the two.. so you've got almost a 50/50 shot of being right. Make up any other claims about sources, etc.. but all-in-all you've probably got a 50/50 shot of being right.. and that does NOT give you the right to come back and say.. "see, I told ya it would be Bo/Turner!". Wait, no.. I'm going to say it's Gill because my cousin, who works with a top booster, told me that this booster has been very excited this week because "we have a nebraska legend returning as HC". And next week if I'm right I'm going to come back and rant about how I have inside info, and I knew it before everyone else.

...nah I won't do that.. but you see my point ;)

I do not agree with that statement. Look at what they did at Buffalo last night -- they honored the Football Team and Gill at the Basketball game. Dr. Tom knew this -- why would he do anything that would spoil that celebration for that program and for Gill. He waits so Buffalo and Gill can enjoy what they have accomplished by delaying an announcement until next week. Just a thought...

I'm starting to think that way as well. If Osborne hadn't hired a coach already, why is he out recruiting instead of interviewing?

I do not agree with that statement. Look at what they did at Buffalo last night -- they honored the Football Team and Gill at the Basketball game. Dr. Tom knew this -- why would he do anything that would spoil that celebration for that program and for Gill. He waits so Buffalo and Gill can enjoy what they have accomplished by delaying an announcement until next week. Just a thought...

Ok, now you just made me re-think that whole thing

Niiice... Guess the truth comes down to IF.....

Dude is only speculating what he thinks that makes it rational. Busted.

Ok, now you just made me re-think that whole thing

Sorry...did not mean to make you think! :)

I find it interesting because it's the first time one of these "analysts" has actually staked his word on something. So far, all the ESPN reporting has been about how "Turner and Gill are the frontrunners," there's a "strong chance" it's so and so.

I can't reproduce word for word what Forde said, but I remember being surprised how confident he was about it. Like someone else said, maybe he just knows it's a 50/50 shot and he's going on a hunch, but I think there's just as good a chance that he has a source or two he really trusts.