MAC Coach of the Year

8 players named to All-MAC teams

QB Willy returns next year

1000+ RB Starks returns next year

16 starters will return for 2008, 10 on offense

3rd year at Buffalo

Possible MAC Champion

Possible Bowl Bid

Would be a hot coach after next year instead of one or two colleges looking at Gill this year

If we do actually hire Bo like ESPN says I feel that we are gonna regret skipping over a guy like Gill who in a few years will be at a BCS school.

I totally agree. If he gets overlooked and stays at Buffalo. I bet his team plays in MAC Championship game and gets a bowl bid next year. That would make him a very, very hot coach.

With the BCA breathing down the NCAA's back, he would go to a great college.

2008 Non-Conference Games

at Missouri(one game) possible instead of Missouri playing Georgia(one for one)

Without bashing Bo, I too agree.....but until we find out differently, who says "WE PASSED ON TURNER"..... could he have possibly passed on NU? I know those with husker-goggles will sh!t themselves with this thougt, but is is a possibility....until we really know, we shouldn't blame TO for making a so-called wrong choice....

Wouldn't surprise me if Gill want to stay at Buffalo and honor his committment he surely made to the fr-so recruits who chose Buffalo over many Big East schools....He may want to be the 1st coach to take this school to a bowl, and go down in Buffalo history....

To many of those who don't see much farther than the red-lenses, this NU job will open up agian, and he will have another chance at his so-called "Dream Job" if he chooses..... If Pelini is the HC , and he is successful, he will jump just as every other coach in America, and if he fails, he will be gone in4 years..

Win or Lose......hello revolving door, and Gill will get another shot.....if he DID turn NU down.....If TO picked Pelini over Gill, (which I have a hard time believing, without a great reason from TO), then Gill's ties with NU may be done....

My guess is that either Gill turned down TO "for the time being" or he may still end up here in a very unique capacity.....(associate AD).....

I refuse to believe that TO just "cut ties" with one of his best friends......

Without bashing Bo, I too agree.....but until we find out differently, who says "WE PASSED ON TURNER"..... could he have possibly passed on NU? I know those with husker-goggles will sh!t themselves with this thougt, but is is a possibility....until we really know, we shouldn't blame TO for making a so-called wrong choice....

Wouldn't surprise me if Gill want to stay at Buffalo and honor his committment he surely made to the fr-so recruits who chose Buffalo over many Big East schools....He may want to be the 1st coach to take this school to a bowl, and go down in Buffalo history....

To many of those who don't see much farther than the red-lenses, this NU job will open up agian, and he will have another chance at his so-called "Dream Job" if he chooses..... If Pelini is the HC , and he is successful, he will jump just as every other coach in America, and if he fails, he will be gone in4 years..

Win or Lose......hello revolving door, and Gill will get another shot.....if he DID turn NU down.....If TO picked Pelini over Gill, (which I have a hard time believing, without a great reason from TO), then Gill's ties with NU may be done....

My guess is that either Gill turned down TO "for the time being" or he may still end up here in a very unique capacity.....(associate AD).....

I refuse to believe that TO just "cut ties" with one of his best friends......

Turner has more to WIN by staying at Buffalo as HC. If he was offered HC at NU, he would jump ship fast. Otherwise, why would he leave and throw away the possibility of being the next great "up and coming" coach?

If we do actually hire Bo like ESPN says I feel that we are gonna regret skipping over a guy like Gill who in a few years will be at a BCS school.

I cannot agree with you more.

It's not a step back if he comes to Nebraska as an "assistant" head coach knowing that he is the heir apparent to the Husker football program....I don't think this is a reach by any means....I also don't think it will probably happen

I just don't understand how people think going from HC at Buffalo to OC at NU is definitely a step back. Look around at the candidates being mentioned for various HC openings, most of them are at high profile schools as coordinators - Pelini, Muschamp, Mullen, and there's probably more. What small school HC's are being mentioned? Gill is the only one I've heard, but there's probably at least a few. I'm almost certain Gill will not be at Buffalo next year, he'll either come back to NU in some capacity or move on to a bigger name program. Staying at Buffalo won't help his long-term career.

Here is the sound reasoning:

1st year at Buffalo

2-10 overall record

1-7 conference record

2nd year at Buffalo

5-7 overall record

5-3 conference record

4-2 division record

MAC East Division co-champ

MAC Coach of the Year

3rd year at Buffalo

Possible MAC Champion

Possible Bowl Bid

Would be a hot coach after next year instead of one or two colleges looking at Gill this year

Great post man, solid info and insight you put in here and I think you are dead right.

Here is the sound reasoning:

1st year at Buffalo

2-10 overall record

1-7 conference record

2nd year at Buffalo

5-7 overall record

5-3 conference record

4-2 division record

MAC East Division co-champ

MAC Coach of the Year

3rd year at Buffalo

Possible MAC Champion

Possible Bowl Bid

Great post man, solid info and insight you put in here and I think you are dead right.

:yeah:yeah:yeah

I just don't see how he would. I understand that the money isn't that great at Buffalo, but it's a step back career wise to go back to a coordinator position. I probably wouldn't take that step back.

It's a catch 22. Being the HC at one of the worst programs can be seen as being equal to being OC/Ass. HC at NU. I think that Grobe would be the only "safe" bet, both Turner and Bo have their uncertainties. I would prefer Turner to Bo, but if somehow Turner came back in this capacity, it would be the best of both worlds.

I'm not sure why everyone says that Bo would leave if he were successful. From everything I have heard he prefers college over the NFL and loved his time at NU. I may be wrong but I think if he would succeed, he will be here for a long time.

I just don't understand how people think going from HC at Buffalo to OC at NU is definitely a step back. Look around at the candidates being mentioned for various HC openings, most of them are at high profile schools as coordinators - Pelini, Muschamp, Mullen, and there's probably more. What small school HC's are being mentioned? Gill is the only one I've heard, but there's probably at least a few. I'm almost certain Gill will not be at Buffalo next year, he'll either come back to NU in some capacity or move on to a bigger name program. Staying at Buffalo won't help his long-term career.

Gill, Grobe, Johnson, and Peterson to name a few, once the dust settles you will see a plethora of head coaching positions being filled by other head coaches.

OMG HANC... are we breathing and thinking in tandem or...As...One??? Are you hungry for t-bone and bud light right now??? You wrote that piece like you stripped it directly from my cerebral cortex! I couldn't agree more... BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT! If Turner Gill is half the guy I think he is, I would suspect that he would be VERY reluctant to leave Burfullo right now... Jeez, success, up 'n' coming, still young and developing HC skills, WHY in God's name WOULD he want to leave just yet? T.O. taught more than just football skills to all his players, he taught the importance of loyalty. I'd guess T.G.'s response after being asked to interview for NU was, "I would LOVE to, but I got it pretty good in Buffalo right now and the future is so bright I can AFFORD to set pretty". Or something like that... Maybe you could lose the whole 'pretty' part and 'bright future' thing... I guess it's not likely that T.G. was trying to write a Donna Fargo tune with his reponse... but you guys get the picture, right???