Smoke Screen?

The 'Bo Pelini is the new head coach' rumor was simply set in motion to cover up the TRUE choice? I could see that happening. If people are looking for Pelini then it takes the pressure off of Osborne and the rest of the staff along with the person who WAS chosen for head coach.

The 'Bo Pelini is the new head coach' rumor was simply set in motion to cover up the TRUE choice? I could see that happening. If people are looking for Pelini then it takes the pressure off of Osborne and the rest of the staff along with the person who WAS chosen for head coach.

We had better call these two to get to the bottom of it! "Are they really out there?"

10230650A~Fox-Mulder-Dana-Scully-Posters.jpg

I would love it if it was a rumor and TO pulled the ol' Rope-a-dope and hired someone else just to make the asses at ESPN look foolish!

I really don't think ESPN has any room for more egg on their face. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if they ended up being wrong.

Umm..yah ESPN is in on the smoke screen? I don't think so...they don't need the embarrassment. Is it really that bad that Bo is going to be head coach?

Bo is going to be breath of fresh air, no bagged..he will retain a good portion of the current assistants, Gill will bring his assistance with him.. and so will all the other crusty coaches that have been talked about.

I ask why not Bo? Let's here some facts instead of a bunch of complaints.

Umm..yah ESPN is in on the smoke screen? I don't think so...they don't need the embarrassment. Is it really that bad that Bo is going to be head coach?

Bo is going to be breath of fresh air, no bagged..he will retain a good portion of the current assistants, Gill will bring his assistance with him.. and so will all the other crusty coaches that have been talked about.

I ask why not Bo? Let's here some facts instead of a bunch of complaints.

I didn't say ESPN was in on the smoke screen :asshat , I said that the smoke screen was out there to mess with ESPN! I honestly don't care who is head coach anymore, I was just saying it would be funny for ESPN to look like idiots again. BTW, I believe there is a conspiracy in the TO for greatest all time coach as well since it's tied for some reason when TO had a 6% or more lead. We all know they whined when Nebaska fans voted their teams as the best of all time.

I am now on the bowagon. We cant always get what we want and if you cant love the one you want, love the one you are with. Such much for Troy McClure for Head Coach. I remember a guy named Moses, who caught a lot of crap, as he was leading a few people to the promise land. Time to pony up a little dough next month to help out our program.

I don't think so. It'snot going to happen that way...not intentionally. It just wouldn't be very professional.

TO: We really like what you've done with some things at LSU.

Bo: Thanks coach.

TO: When we make our decision it will probably be next week. We know you have a big game to coach.

Bo: SEC championship baby!

TO: Certainly a lot of people would like to see you here, and I am impressed with your defense.

Bo: They go through walls for me.

TO: We will be in touch later this week and probably next week after we interview a few more people. One way or another, we'll let you know. Keep up the good work. Talk to you soon.

Bo: It's my dream job. Thanks.

Phone call on Friday morning

TO: Just wanted to wish you good luck against Tennessee. Will be in touch in a few days.

Bo: Will do our best. Thanks.. (thinking - Oh yah it's mine. They want me.)

Bo: (prior to a big game) I'm leaning on taking the Nebraska job. It's my dream job. Now go get those Volunteers!

Rewind:::One day earlier:

TG: Coach, thanks for everything. I decided I am going to stay at Buffalo. My heart is at NU, but I have to finish what I started here. They really like me here. I'm going to stay.

TO: Well I respect that Turner. I want you to know that I appreciate your call, and sad to hear you decided to stay. If there is anything I can do for you, let me know.

TG: Thanks coach. Who else would you consider?

TO: We like some things Pelini has done. Do you like Bo?

TG: I like him. I think he would do good.

TO: We think so too. We'll probably go talk to him tomorrow.

TG: Good luck coach, and thanks again.

TO: Take care Turner.

Just wondering out loud if this scenario went down. With the possible "last minute snag" becoming TG changing his mind before Monday. I guess we will find out all the details within a few days.