2005 schedule additions

Maine - come on, what in the hell is pedey boy thinking. We might be better off with a home date compared to a road trip financialy but what does playing maine do for recruiting. Have we ever had a player from maine on our team. It looks like stevie wonder learned his scheduling ability from an on line course from kansas state. Does he think that our team is so bad that we need a confidence boost. If so why not ask to play the winner of the army east/west allstar game.

I had a friend from mich. call and ask me what happened to the mighty Huskers and if we now have to play sub-par opponents in order to be bowl eligible. Is beating a school like maine something to be proud of.

I know that there are times when you have to fill a spot but come on MAINE. Lets get out the friggen hockey sticks. Are we going to ask new hampshire or montanna to play us in 2006.

I want the Huskers to be winners but not against teams like this. Playing teams of this caliber will do nothing for us but give the pollsters something else to look down on us for.

Under pedeys leadership, the next championship we win will be NAIA

Maine - come on, what in the hell is pedey boy thinking. We might be better off with a home date compared to a road trip financialy but what does playing maine do for recruiting. Have we ever had a player from maine on our team. It looks like stevie wonder learned his scheduling ability from an on line course from kansas state. Does he think that our team is so bad that we need a confidence boost. If so why not ask to play the winner of the army east/west allstar game.

I had a friend from mich. call and ask me what happened to the mighty Huskers and if we now have to play sub-par opponents in order to be bowl eligible. Is beating a school like maine something to be proud of.

I know that there are times when you have to fill a spot but come on MAINE. Lets get out the friggen hockey sticks. Are we going to ask new hampshire or montanna to play us in 2006.

I want the Huskers to be winners but not against teams like this. Playing teams of this caliber will do nothing for us but give the pollsters something else to look down on us for.

Under pedeys leadership, the next championship we win will be NAIA

You talk like playing sub-par teams is a new thing. Central Florida ring a bell in 97-98? Akron in 97-98? North Texas in 93-94? Do I need to go on? Be realistic.

I am realistic and my belief is you do not get better playing push overs. I am glad you like padding our schedule but dont think I have to be happy about playing these pu**y teams and then brag about how we made a great turn around and sneaking into a bowl game.

I will give you Maine, but is Wake Forest a push-over team? We played WIU this year and we didn't make it to a bowl. Considering that playing sub-par teams early in the year dates back to at least the early 90's, the idea that we are now using them to try to get into a bowl game doesn't fly.

Not only that, but not all 1-AA teams count towards the bowl count.

Although I think it would have been cool to play Houston(because I would have probably gone), it's not completely terrible not playing them. Pitt is a pretty strong team and will be a battle next year, Wake Forest is lower tier ACC, Houston is lower tier conference USA, I just don't buy the fact that NU is afraid of getting "spanked on national tv" like their AD speculates. It would have been fun, but it didn't work out. The thing that displeases me is how it has all come to be. Talks between NU and Houston suddenly breaking off and the Houston AD spoutin' off to the media about Pederson being unprofessional. I think that's unprofessional in itself. Nebraska is the big guy and wouldn't gain nearly as much from that Houston deal as they would, so it is natural that they are pissed, but once again, Pederson is at the center of an ugly situation

I believe wake forest is div 1. I thought the same about western illinois when I saw they were on our schedule. IMO since div 2 schools cannot go to any of the bowls, I do not feel any of the games played against a div 2 school should count with wavers or not.

I know that it is a good payday for the schools like maine to jump up and play div 1 schools and they get great experience playing better compitition, but what good does it do us to play them. We risk injury in a meaningless game. our players came to div 1 to play against the best out there. Dont get me wrong there are some real talented players in div 2, but for the price of tickets and the game day experience I would like to see us play better compitition.

I have just never been a fan of playing these types of teams.